Attempted Hit on the Ramos family

Have they appealed as far as they can go? I'm sorry to ask but I did read about this some time ago and then I just let it go when the trial process finished. So, are they appealing or is it all over?
There is no specific evidence to back this up, but just from following the story from the beginning I think that they have appealed as far as they are willing to go even if they can go further.

I don't know if Ramos is guilty, but the courts apparently think so.

But going after the guy's family, and making the kid sit though a school event where his father is publically trashed is just plain old outrageous.

Somebody needs to help that family, I think, because they shouldn't have to take crap like this.

Where's all those right wing millionaires?

This is just wrong.

Last edited:
How do we know any of what Monica is saying is true?

Would you leave a dog home alone for 2 or 3 days?

Would you report a Border Patrol agent to the Department of Homeland Security for giving a speech?

I kind of doubt it.

IMO, Monica is a liar and I feel sorry for her kids.

How do we know any of what Monica is saying is true?

Would you leave a dog home alone for 2 or 3 days?

Would you report a Border Patrol agent to the Department of Homeland Security for giving a speech?

I kind of doubt it.

IMO, Monica is a liar and I feel sorry for her kids.

How did you reach this opinion ?

1. So you claim to know more than the report? You have a source for this info that contradicts the article?

The report is completely unbelievable.

2. But for the grace of God, there go I. Quite the unforgiving, judgemental bullshit.

Bullshit. I've never crossed the line. Not even close. Nor have most of the guys I've worked with done so. And trust me, it is VERY CLEAR in most of our minds. I'll tell you what...talk to me about men who violate the Marines code of honor and dishonor their uniform, and your tolerance for them.

That's how I feel about these guys.

Was the victim a good guy? Nope. Total scumbag. But that is IRRELEVANT. Because, if an officer will treat a scumbag that way, and gets away with it, he's abusing the rights of other people, GUARANTEED. A dirty cop is a dirty cop is a dirty cop. And, he's probably done it before.

And sure, illegal immigrants and drug traffickers are breaking the law by coming into our country, and I have NO SYMPATHY for them, whatsoever, and if we changed our laws to shoot them on sight, I'd have no argument with that, none whatsoever. Just to be clear: If our law is that they are shot on sight, Fine. I'm actually okay with that scenario. In fact, I'd actually approve of the laws getting to that point because I'm serious about our border not being violated.

But, until we do change our laws, I want our officers to be held accountable TO THE LAW, just like everyone else is. We operate in a system where the rule of law is the single most important aspect of our society. That's what it means to BE a republic. The rule of law upholds EVERY OTHER RIGHT. And when the rule of law falls down, or is not upheld by those who are tasked with upholding it, our entire society falls down.

I do not support civil servants deciding for themselves what laws they will enforce, and how, and imposing consequences that at this point, are not legal. That is a situation that we all should justly fear.

Think about the corruption of police departments elsewhere: In Mexico, Russia, Central America. If you can't trust law enforcement, then soon, you can't trust the courts, and it is a very dangerous situation.

Police MUST be held to a higher standard. It is, quite simply, one of the requirements of the job. And if you can't deal with that standard, then become an insurance salesman or something.

I have no problem with them being held accountable. I think holding their families accountable is chickenshit, and I think unequal application of the law is just as chickenshit.

It's not chickenshit to say, to this woman, that her circumstances are no different than any other family of a convicted felon. You don't want to do the time? Don't do the crime.

These guys got hammered beyond anything reasonable because they were on the front page. Simple as that.

NO. They got hammered because it is their job to uphold the law, and we as citizens have a right to hold them to a higher standard, and in fact, within the field, they should hold themselves to a higher standard. When one cop violates the law, it hurts every other cop, decreases the respect for the profession just that much more, makes everyone else's job just that much more dangerous.

So fuck sympathy for these guys. They dishonored the badge. They were found guilty by a jury of their peers, like any other felon. They were sentenced just like any other criminal, and that's what they are...criminals.

Cops are not above the law, and we can never allow them to become above the law. If anything, they MUST be held to a stricter standard because the public's trust in them is so important, and because their role in our society is so important.

When was the last time a politician served any hard time for falsifying information on a government document; which, btw, carries a max fine of $5K and 5 years in prison under Title 17, USC? That's right ... you haven't.

Then we should fix that situation. But that doesn't justify not prosecuting these guys to the fullest extent of the law.

Nothing is more intolerable to me than a dirty cop.

Last edited:
The report is completely unbelievable.

Bullshit. I've never crossed the line. Not even close. Nor have most of the guys I've worked with done so. And trust me, it is VERY CLEAR in most of our minds. I'll tell you what...talk to me about men who violate the Marines code of honor and dishonor their uniform, and your tolerance for them.

That's how I feel about these guys.

Was the victim a good guy? Nope. Total scumbag. But that is IRRELEVANT. Because, if an officer will treat a scumbag that way, and gets away with it, he's abusing the rights of other people, GUARANTEED.

It's not chickenshit to say, to this woman, that her circumstances are no different than any other family of a convicted felon. You don't want to do the time? Don't do the crime.

NO. They got hammered because it is their job to uphold the law, and we as citizens have a right to hold them to a higher standard, and in fact, within the field, they should hold themselves to a higher standard. When one cop violates the law, it hurts every other cop, decreases the respect for the profession just that much more, makes everyone else's job just that much more dangerous.

So fuck sympathy for these guys. They dishonored the badge. They were found guilty by a jury of their peers, like any other felon. They were sentenced just like any other criminal, and that's what they are...criminals.

Cops are not above the law, and we can never allow them to become above the law. If anything, they MUST be held to a stricter standard because the public's trust in them is so important, and because their role in our society is so important.

Then we should fix that situation. But that doesn't justify not prosecuting these guys to the fullest extent of the law.

Nothing is more intolerable to me than a dirty cop.

I think most would like to see them get a break as a symbolic gesture to show that we actually care about illegal border crossings since so little real efforts are made to rectify the situation.

I think most would like to see them get a break as a symbolic gesture to show that we actually care about illegal border crossings since so little real efforts are made to rectify the situation.

The problem with that is that it sends a very dangerous message, both to law enforcement professionals, and to the rest of society, that cops are above the laws that constrain us lesser mortals. That is not a scenario that I can condone.

Do you know how I KNOW beyond a shadow of a doubt that they're dirty? Because they removed evidence from the scene and didn't file their reports. They hoped their dirty little deeds would disappear.

Complete and utter bullshit.

And, I GUARANTEE they've done this before and gotten away with it because the population they are policing typically has no recourse.

Do I hate the idea of illegal immigration? You have NO FUCKING IDEA how much I hate it. But I hate dirty cops more.

YOu want to do something about illegal immigration? Good. We're on the same page. As far as I'm concerned, illegal border crossings should be a shoot on sight scenario.

But change the laws. Don't reward cops for breaking them simply because their lawbreaking fits your agenda.

The problem with that is that it sends a very dangerous message, both to law enforcement professionals, and to the rest of society, that cops are above the laws that constrain us lesser mortals. That is not a scenario that I can condone.

Do you know how I KNOW beyond a shadow of a doubt that they're dirty? Because they removed evidence from the scene and didn't file their reports. They hoped their dirty little deeds would disappear.

Complete and utter bullshit.

And, I GUARANTEE they've done this before and gotten away with it because the population they are policing typically has no recourse.

Do I hate the idea of illegal immigration? You have NO FUCKING IDEA how much I hate it. But I hate dirty cops more.

YOu want to do something about illegal immigration? Good. We're on the same page. As far as I'm concerned, illegal border crossings should be a shoot on sight scenario.

But change the laws. Don't reward cops for breaking them simply because their lawbreaking fits your agenda.

Everyone hold their horses---I'm jsut trying to expalin the mind set of those lookng for pardons. No claim of what's right or wrong from me here.

Which doesn't change the fact of why people would like for them to get one.
Rich was hardly 'worthy' of his forgiveness.

Rich was practically a terrorist. He should never have been pardoned.

But, pardoning these guys when they clearly violated the laws and tarnished their badges would actually have a more detrimental impact on our society. It would send the message that vigilanteism is acceptable, and that border police don't have to follow the law in their treatment of illegals.

Rich was practically a terrorist. He should never have been pardoned.

But, pardoning these guys when they clearly violated the laws and tarnished their badges would actually have a more detrimental impact on our society. It would send the message that vigilanteism is acceptable, and that border police don't have to follow the law in their treatment of illegals.

see above

Forum List

Back