Attempted Hit on the Ramos family

Those agents should not have been jailed. The dude they shot was a DRUG RUNNER who WAS FUCKING MEXICAN!

The Bush admin bailed his sorry ass out, and fucked up when they put Ramos and Campion in jail.

Too bad they weren't better shots and caught the motherfucker dead center mass.

Those agents should not have been jailed. The dude they shot was a DRUG RUNNER who WAS FUCKING MEXICAN!

The Bush admin bailed his sorry ass out, and fucked up when they put Ramos and Campion in jail.

They also falsified evidence and reports. That's a felony.

You mean aside from the fact that they left a dog without food and water for two days?

They're lying...

And it's really a pity that the anti-immigrant types are putting any weight behind this one... the guy was dirty and acted like a thug. That ruins any argument that may have been had in his behalf and makes it harder for border control agents who actually do their job.

I started reading the thread and thought that the incident was sus. Someone trashed the house and WND is calling it a "hit"? Whoa, any self-respecting assassin would be wetting their pants laughing at that point. It's a fit-up, seeking sympathy and the bastards should swing for doing that to their dog.

Yup the wound was consist with the person turning to fire on the officers. The man was DRUG runner and has continued to work his profession. The Agents were told by their supervisor ON THE SCENE not to file a report. Ya they are scum bags alright. And we wonder why Border Patrol Agents don't stop more drugs and criminals entering our Country?

From what I've read the matter should have been handled internally within the department. These two border patrol agents are political prisoners. They are in prison to somehow satisfy the Mexican authorities.

From what I've read the matter should have been handled internally within the department. These two border patrol agents are political prisoners. They are in prison to somehow satisfy the Mexican authorities.

I'm sure you've read nothing but fair & balanced reporting on this matter. ;)

The guy was doing his job!

Let's critically examine this statement. What is their job? To patrol the border. What are the conditions under which a border patrol agent is allowed to fire his/her weapon?

Well, for starters, he or she must believe that there is a serious risk of harm.

Consider this case.

I have no problem with that shooting because the officer had a legitimate reason to believe the suspect was armed AND because the suspect kept charging the officer.

But, to shoot a fleeing man is highly questionable (*unless certain stipulations apply, which did NOT apply in this case).

And, we can tell from the actions of the agents themselves that THEY KNEW that this wasn't a clean use of force: they falsified reports AND removed evidence from the scene to cover their own dirty asses.

They should serve EVERY SINGLE DAY.

Last edited:
Welcome to "committing a felony, 101." What does this bitch not understand about the fact that her husband totally dragged his profession, his oath of office, and his badge through the shitter. He knew what he was doing, and he should pay for it.

Comments from the guy who prosecuted the case:

After the sentencing Thursday, U.S. Attorney Johnny Sutton praised prosecutors for their work on an unpopular case. Sutton said that the Border Patrol badge is not "a license to shoot people, especially unarmed suspects who are running away from you, lie to your superior and write a false report."

Sutton took to task radio talk shows and cable news shows for presenting only one side of the story. He also questioned the agents' claim that they thought the smuggler had a gun. "The evidence reflects something completely different," he said. "The agents did not take cover and did not tell other agents to Get down. Someone has a gun.' "

Sutton said that he felt no sympathy for Aldrete, whom he called a "piece of dirt."

Sentence handed to border agents; free until Jan. 17 - DailyBulletin.com

Yeah, the man that gave Aldrete Amnesty, not only allowed him to lie in court, but KNEW he was lying and allowed him to continue his smuggling during the trial, and you think he's worth quoting?

The man should be doing time.

BTW, when you see someone pointing a gun at you and you already have your gun out, are you going to call out "get down", or just shoot? In the time it takes you to call out "get down" at least one person could have been shot with that gun that anyone with common sense knows the smuggler with almost 800 pounds of marijuana had with him.

Further, don't you find it just a little bit fishy that the go between was a border patrol agent that was child hood friends with the smuggler and if hadn't lied on his application, he wouldn't have been a border patrol agent in the first place?

Of course, you don't think that particular piece of scum shouldn't be doing anytime at all even though there's a big chance that he let his childhood friend cross the border, how many times? He LIED on his application and he's still a border patrol agent. Ramos and Compean failed to file a report (they didn't file a false report) and they are doing 10 and 11 years.

Last edited:
BTW, when you see someone pointing a gun at you and you already have your gun out, are you going to call out "get down", or just shoot?

You're going to say "gun." That's how law enforcement officers are trained, and it is instinctive. I've seen it in action.
In the time it takes you to call out "get down" at least one person could have been shot with that gun that anyone with common sense knows the smuggler with almost 800 pounds of marijuana had with him.

Except, at that point, they had no idea that he was a marijuana dealer in a van full of pot. He was just a brown dude in a van. You can't go back over this with what we know now about the suspect and allow it to justify inappropriately shooting someone during a pursuit that should never even have happened.

This is how rights get violated, and I'm not talking about the rights of small brown people from Mejico, I'm talking about the rights of ALL Americans.

Further, don't you find it just a little bit fishy that the go between was a border patrol agent that was child hood friends with the smuggler and if hadn't lied on his application, he wouldn't have been a border patrol agent in the first place?

Proof? I've seen no evidence on any link I've read that the smuggler was personally associated with the witness in question.

I did see a guy who was a fellow border patrol agent who felt their conduct was egregious enough to report it.

Of course, you don't think that particular piece of scum shouldn't be doing anytime at all even though there's a big chance that he let his childhood friend cross the border, how many times?

You're assuming a fucking lot about me, Sheila, and you need to stop. I'm very pro-law enforcement, I've worked with police officers for the past 20 years. But, and this is a huge but, I am NEVER going to excuse the conduct of officers that is simply WRONG.

He LIED on his application and he's still a border patrol agent.

Ramos and Compean failed to file a report (they didn't file a false report) and they are doing 10 and 11 years.

It's a damn important report. Furthermore, they REMOVED EVIDENCE FROM THE SCENE, and Ramos fired on this guy inappropriately. I will defend a good shoot to the death, but this is NOT a good shoot. Do you know the best evidence we have that it wasn't a good shoot? The actions of the officer following the shoot: Failing to file paperwork explaining why he fired, removing the shell casings, and basically attempting to cover it up.

I totally understand why the homeland security went and got the perp and brought him back to testify. That's what SHOULD BE DONE.

Yup the wound was consist with the person turning to fire on the officers. The man was DRUG runner and has continued to work his profession. The Agents were told by their supervisor ON THE SCENE not to file a report. Ya they are scum bags alright. And we wonder why Border Patrol Agents don't stop more drugs and criminals entering our Country?

The agents had not one, but two opportunities to take Aldrete-Davila into custody. The agent decided to take the butt of a rifle to the smuggler and he took off when the agent lost his balance. The first time, when he had his hands in the air and was surrending. The second time, they might have taken Aldrete into custody occurred when he was shot running away.

If the agents had been honest and competent they would not be in prison serving more time than the drug smuggler.

The agents were dishonest about a bad shoot, and they preferred to cover their tracks than take the drug smuggler into custody. That allowed the smuggler to limp into Mexico and did not allow them to have the evidence needed to tie the smuggler to the 800 pounds of marijuana.

Justice in this case has been served.

Last edited by a moderator:
We're trained to yell out "Police!' very loud and then issue the voice commands, whatever we want them to do and we're trained to keep repeating it in a very loud voice until we get compliance. If there's no compliance and your life or someone else's life is in danger then it's "bang-bang".

If someone is running away from us there's no shooting them (unless someone's life is in danger from them) and we can't fire warning shots.

I remember this case erupting on a restricted email discussion list I am on. There was much to-ing and fro-ing and it was inconclusive. There certainly wasn't blind support for these blokes.

Yup the wound was consist with the person turning to fire on the officers.

what am I missing here. a wound consistent with turning to fire on the officers? the guy had a gun? then he was running away and turned? why?

The man was DRUG runner and has continued to work his profession. The Agents were told by their supervisor ON THE SCENE not to file a report. Ya they are scum bags alright. And we wonder why Border Patrol Agents don't stop more drugs and criminals entering our Country?

I just had a run in with the P, where they lied on the report of somebody with me. He was charged and I was not. We have them if we want them. I advised against fighting them om it as I do not trust the system or a jury in situations where the deck is stacked. I trust no reports written in controversial situations.

I don't understand. What does being a Mexican have to do with the charges and convictions?

You know, no one is more sympathetic to the plight of border patrol officers than me. It's a difficult job, they lack federal support in doing it, and it's gotten harder in the past 8 years.

BUT I cannot condone pardoning a sworn law enforcement officer who falsified reports, lied in his testimony, and screwed with the evidence. Our entire system of justice rests on being able to trust cops and others in these kinds of positions to do their jobs.

NOTHING is more damaging to the field of law enforcement and the public trust in these institutions like these officers.

I hope they serve EVERY FUCKING DAY of their sentences.

Love,

One of their peers

What does THIS have to do with what was done to his family and their house? Are you condoning the behavior? You've decided he's guilty so his family deserves what they get?

This incident is bullshit at every level.

And, by the way, I hope they DON'T serve every day of their sentences because their sentences are FAR too harsh.

What does THIS have to do with what was done to his family and their house? Are you condoning the behavior? You've decided he's guilty so his family deserves what they get?

This incident is bullshit at every level.

And, by the way, I hope they DON'T serve every day of their sentences because their sentences are FAR too harsh.

1. I don't think their house was trashed as described.

2. What his family gets is the same that every other convicted felon's family gets: I have no sympathy for the difficulty that these guys are having serving time behind bars. I have no sympathy for the fact that they've become nothing but numbers in the system. I have no sympathy for the fact that they're having difficulty with the other inmates.

They chose to cross the line, just like every other felon that they arrested in their career, they knew what the consequences might be, and they didn't play by the rules.

I'm a firm supporter of the thin blue line. But when a guy fails to honor that calling, I have no sympathy.

1. I don't think their house was trashed as described.

2. What his family gets is the same that every other convicted felon's family gets: I have no sympathy for the difficulty that these guys are having serving time behind bars. I have no sympathy for the fact that they've become nothing but numbers in the system. I have no sympathy for the fact that they're having difficulty with the other inmates.

They chose to cross the line, just like every other felon that they arrested in their career, they knew what the consequences might be, and they didn't play by the rules.

I'm a firm supporter of the thin blue line. But when a guy fails to honor that calling, I have no sympathy.

1. So you claim to know more than the report? You have a source for this info that contradicts the article?

2. But for the grace of God, there go I. Quite the unforgiving, judgemental bullshit.

I have no problem with them being held accountable. I think holding their families accountable is chickenshit, and I think unequal application of the law is just as chickenshit. These guys got hammered beyond anything reasonable because they were on the front page. Simple as that.

When was the last time a politician served any hard time for falsifying information on a government document; which, btw, carries a max fine of $5K and 5 years in prison under Title 17, USC? That's right ... you haven't.

Forum List

Back