Starbucks to ask customers to donate time

Shadow

Silver Member
Aug 16, 2008
Land Of Enchantment
Okay go get in line folks...your being asked to man up...for your Messiah.

Good thing I hate Starbucks coffee.

Snip

NEW YORK —
Starbucks Corp. said Wednesday it is asking its customers to donate five hours of time to their communities as part of an initiative timed to coincide with President-elect Barack Obama's inauguration.

Customers who fill out a pledge card to give five hours of time to a local "volunteer opportunity" of their choice will receive a free tall brewed coffee beginning Jan. 21 through Jan. 25. Customers can pick up pledge cards inside stores.

The initiative comes as Obama, who called during his presidential campaign for a renewed commitment to community service, is sworn in to the Oval Office on Tuesday.

Local News | Starbucks to ask customers to donate time | Seattle Times Newspaper

Snip

NEW YORK —
Starbucks Corp. said Wednesday it is asking its customers to donate five hours of time to their communities as part of an initiative timed to coincide with President-elect Barack Obama's inauguration.

Customers who fill out a pledge card to give five hours of time to a local "volunteer opportunity" of their choice will receive a free tall brewed coffee beginning Jan. 21 through Jan. 25. Customers can pick up pledge cards inside stores.

The initiative comes as Obama, who called during his presidential campaign for a renewed commitment to community service, is sworn in to the Oval Office on Tuesday.

Local News | Starbucks to ask customers to donate time | Seattle Times Newspaper

I'm going to fill out a pledge card and put your name on it.

In fact. I think everybody at usmb should fill out a pledge card and put somebody else's name on it.

Do you think it's wrong to donate 5 hours of your time, or wrong because a corporation is asking you to do it, or wrong because it coincides with President Obama's Inauguration, or wrong because you don't like Starbucks Coffee?

Snip

NEW YORK —

Sounds like an easy way to get a free cup of coffee.
IMG%5D

coffee.gif

IMG%5D

Last edited:
Do you think it's wrong to donate 5 hours of your time, or wrong because a corporation is asking you to do it, or wrong because it coincides with President Obama's Inauguration, or wrong because you don't like Starbucks Coffee?

I think it's wrong because I don't like my community.

I think it's a publicity stunt by Starbucks. They know they can't hold anyone to their pledges. They want to associate themselves with Obama, ride on his coattails. It won't do any thing to improve volunteerism in the community.

I think it's a publicity stunt by Starbucks. They know they can't hold anyone to their pledges. They want to associate themselves with Obama, ride on his coattails. It won't do any thing to improve volunteerism in the community.

Oh trust me,I'm no fan of Starbucks, I hate that corporate overpriced coffee, give me a mom and pop place any time.

But,,,,,,what if it inspires some people to ACTUALLY go out and do some community service? Maybe it will inspire them to do some more, and then some more. Sometimes doing things for others helps you too.

Oh trust me,I'm no fan of Starbucks, I hate that corporate overpriced coffee, give me a mom and pop place any time.

But,,,,,,what if it inspires some people to ACTUALLY go out and do some community service? Maybe it will inspire them to do some more, and then some more. Sometimes doing things for others helps you too.
I hate Starbucks too. They ripped off my Mom!
It might inspire a few people. But I think their just doing it for good PR. But it will backfire because most people will see through it. I hate them even more for this snowjob.

I hate Starbucks too. They ripped off my Mom!
It might inspire a few people. But I think their just doing it for good PR. But it will backfire because most people will see through it. I hate them even more for this snowjob.

Well, this is America, it's owned by the Corporations ya know.

What did Starbucks do to your mom?

I already donate my time...but now that Obama and crew are going to EXPECT it from me like a good little lemming,I think I will retire my volunteer work for the next 4 years and let the bots take over for me..

Plus I hate coffee..

Hmmmm, lets do the math. Average wage in America.....$16/hour(roughly), 5 Hours of time......$80 dollars total. 1 free cup of Starbucks coffee.......actually, the guy donating the time may come out ahead.

Fuck Starbucks. I'm for everyone boycotting going to Starbucks from Jan 21-25.

I already donate my time...but now that Obama and crew are going to EXPECT it from me like a good little lemming,I think I will retire my volunteer work for the next 4 years and let the bots take over for me..

Wow, that's pretty pathetic of you.

Snip

NEW YORK —

My opinion of Starbucks:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/general-discussion/64574-starbucks.html

:eusa_eh:

Forum List

Back