Atheist 10 Commandments

Atheists write better commandments than God

LOL! Except they're not Atheists, they're Anti-theists. A-theists have no concern with or use for theism, thus are rarely found discussing such, let alone laying down "Commandments"... to oppose that for which they've no concern.

1? Their minds have never been open and they do not possess the means to learn, this to alter their beliefs when faced with new evidence.

2? They're incapable of recognizing truth, thus their need to qualify truth as that which is 'most likely' true. By that very qualification, they open the door to the belief in that which is false. (Which is Evil)

3? The Scientific Method is only worthy when the scientific method is objective. And The Anti-theism is steeped in Relativism, which AXIOMATICALLY REJECTS Objectivity. Thus, their appeal to science is fallacious, thus false... despite being represented as TRUTH. Therefore it is a deceit, Fraudulently advanced as a means to influence the Ignorant. OKA: Evil.

And so goes the balance of the 'suggestions', offered up by the Anti-theists; animated by Evil and demonstrated to be such by the deceit common to such.

Lets look at what an all knowing God came up with:

You shall not make for yourself a carved image—any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments.

Taking out the sins of the fathers on innocent children for generations. All from a jealous God who can't stand the thought of someone carving an image

Since you don't actually think God came up with that (correct me if I'm wrong) I am not really understanding your point. Are you criticizing the motives of something you don't think exists?

Leave the world a better place than you found it.

Does it get any better than that? Why didn't God think of that?

LOL! Except they're not Atheists, they're Anti-theists. A-theists have no concern with or use for theism, thus are rarely found discussing such, let alone laying down "Commandments"... to oppose that for which they've no concern.

1? Their minds have never been open and they do not possess the means to learn, this to alter their beliefs when faced with new evidence.

2? They're incapable of recognizing truth, thus their need to qualify truth as that which is 'most likely' true. By that very qualification, they open the door to the belief in that which is false. (Which is Evil)

3? The Scientific Method is only worthy when the scientific method is objective. And The Anti-theism is steeped in Relativism, which AXIOMATICALLY REJECTS Objectivity. Thus, their appeal to science is fallacious, thus false... despite being represented as TRUTH. Therefore it is a deceit, Fraudulently advanced as a means to influence the Ignorant. OKA: Evil.

And so goes the balance of the 'suggestions', offered up by the Anti-theists; animated by Evil and demonstrated to be such by the deceit common to such.

You shall not make for yourself a carved image—any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments.

Taking out the sins of the fathers on innocent children for generations. All from a jealous God who can't stand the thought of someone carving an image

Since you don't actually think God came up with that (correct me if I'm wrong) I am not really understanding your point. Are you criticizing the motives of something you don't think exists?

I'm just saying that God didn't do a very good job at writing commandments. He dedicated four to "worship me or else" and another on coveting.
Moses leads the Jews out of slavery and God can't even find a commandment saying slavery is wrong
God tells you to honor your father and mother but nothing about caring for your kids

God should have consulted an atheist

I'm just saying that God didn't do a very good job at writing commandments. He dedicated four to "worship me or else" and another on coveting.
Moses leads the Jews out of slavery and God can't even find a commandment saying slavery is wrong
God tells you to honor your father and mother but nothing about caring for your kids

It would be hard for God to have consulted an Atheist since the encounter would stop the Atheist from being an Atheist. Assuming, of course, that the Atheist did actually have an open mind.

I'm just saying that it doesn't make much sense to suggest something you don't think exists should have done something you don't think it did do it differently. Perhaps you should have consulted a Theist.

Even in the can't miss "Thou shall not kill"....God kind of messes it up

When put into historical context, God had just finished killing the firstborn of Egypt. Killing innocent children to punish a pharaoh is inexcusable

Then he has the gall to tell Moses "Thou shall not kill"

I think you left out a few God-Hating Commandments:

1. You are the Center of the Universe.
2. You are a God.

In thinking on this, I'd say the original commandments were far superior to what has been suggested. That Atheist commandments may or may not be followed, based upon the individual, and really has no impact at all. The original commandments, however, had two very specific purposes and they were quite successful. The purposes were to create a cohesive society and to support an organized priesthood. The Atheist version is a sad comparison.

8. We have the responsibility to consider others, including future generations.

Another good one

In thinking on this, I'd say the original commandments were far superior to what has been suggested. That Atheist commandments may or may not be followed, based upon the individual, and really has no impact at all. The original commandments, however, had two very specific purposes and they were quite successful. The purposes were to create a cohesive society and to support an organized priesthood. The Atheist version is a sad comparison.

The problem with the Bibles Ten Commandments is they are Old Testament

People were simpler back then and responded more to threats than reasoning. God was an angry God, someone to be feared. Worship me or pay the price

I think Jesus would have done a better job at writing the Ten Commandments

People were simpler back then and responded more to threats than reasoning. God was an angry God, someone to be feared. Worship me or pay the price

First, I fail to see where they are located as making any difference. It's not like they are hidden in the OT. Second, while I will agree the type of society at the time is different than modern America, I don't agree the people were any more simple or any more responsive to threats rather than reasoning. I see very little evidence in our society that people respond to reasoning much, if at all.

First, I fail to see where they are located as making any difference. It's not like they are hidden in the OT. Second, while I will agree the type of society at the time is different than modern America, I don't agree the people were any more simple or any more responsive to threats rather than reasoning. I see very little evidence in our society that people respond to reasoning much, if at all.

Seems Jesus felt differently. In reading his words he appeals more to the good in people rather than trying to threaten them

Ten Commandments suck as a moral code.....God would have done better to let Jesus write them

Might have included something against crucifixion

Seems Jesus felt differently. In reading his words he appeals more to the good in people rather than trying to threaten them

Ten Commandments suck as a moral code.....God would have done better to let Jesus write them

Who said the commandments were a moral code?

See how quickly the 'Suggesters' run for shade when the Light is present?

And that readers is the nature of how things are.
You're as coherent as that magic book they call the Bible. :slap:

So you feel the story of the Creator of the Universe represents Magic?

LOL! You people truly are helpless, aren't ya scamp?
Man-written words penned by folks who showed up by happenstance over 8 billion years after the fact. Yeah that's about right.

By the way.... THEY CALL ME MISTER SCAMP! :slap:

And here we are on page two... and already the cult is backsliding from the1st and 2nd Anti-theist suggestion.

Do ya see how pitiful it is?

Man-written words penned by folks who showed up by happenstance over 8 billion years after the fact. Yeah that's about right.

By the way.... THEY CALL ME MISTER SCAMP! :slap:

And here we are on page two... and already the cult is backsliding from the1st and 2nd Anti-theist suggestion.

Do ya see how pitiful it is?
Actually, I haven't been following the conversation.

And here we find the core bitch of the anti-theist... which is "They're NOT God."

LOL! Thank God...

Not magic. Imagination.

And what is Imagination?

Even in the can't miss "Thou shall not kill"....God kind of messes it up

When put into historical context, God had just finished killing the firstborn of Egypt. Killing innocent children to punish a pharaoh is inexcusable

Then he has the gall to tell Moses "Thou shall not kill"

Again, the Anti-theist is offended that they can't kill... while God can. (Of course, the commandment was to not murder... a distinction of no small significance, which is lost upon the limited intellect of those animated by evil.)

The Ten Commandments are just that: Commandments, OKA: The Law.

One either adheres to The Law, thus benefits from having done such, or one fails to adhere to them and suffers the consequences of having failed to do so.

It's not even remotely debatable... there's no upside to disobeying God's law. No one has ever profited from rejecting God.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back