Atheism is a Fringe Kook Theory Cult

I don't care if atheists don't believe. I do care that they assault the faith of impressionable people and kids who don't have the resources to think it through.

It angers me that atheists rob people of their faith using false arguments and repeatedly disproven falsehoods, like the claim that there is evidence that Jesus did not live.

As to the individual atheist that chooses to not believe because he is too lazy and/or dishonest to look at the facts; to hell with him.

So, is blindly believing something (faith) better than thinking for yourself, looking for real answers and understanding the nature of reality?

That is what Plato did and he came to believe that there was a Creator as have billions of other people alive today. There is ample fact, argument, and reason to believe in God, so your false dichotomy of 'blind faith' vrs 'rational atheism' is nothing more than bullshit or maybe horse shit.

What are some of the "ample" facts?

"1,500 years ago, everybody knew that the Earth was the center of the universe. 500 years ago, everybody knew that the Earth was flat. And 15 minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow."
- "Men In Black"

I'm comfortable with my disbelief in conventional religions because projected fowards over time, people gradually abandon stupidity when sciences forces them to acknowledge truths.
It's a commonly held belief that the vast majority of Christians thought the world was flat. That's not true.
The flat-earth myth and creationism - creation.com
Christian theologians, almost without exception, likewise accepted the fact that the earth is a sphere. The only two Christian writers known to have advocated a flat earth were a 4th-century heretic, Lactantius, and an obscure 6th-century Egyptian Monk, Cosmas Indicopleustes. Later, these two obscure and uninfluential writers were used as the prime evidence to prove that the flat-earth view was accepted by the Church as a whole—or at least by large parts of it.

The myth that the Church ‘condemned as heretics all who claimed that the earth was round’ was ‘invented by two fabulists working separately: Antoine-Jean Letronne, an anticlerical 19th-century Frenchman, and Washington Irving. The 19th-century American writer Washington Irving was actually the first major promulgator of the flat-earth myth. In his very unreliable biography of Columbus, titled History of the Life and Voyages of Christopher Columbus (1828), Irving wrote that it was the flat-earth believing churchmen who vehemently opposed Columbus’ plan to travel to the Indies on the grounds that his ship would fall off the edge of the earth while attempting to sail across the Atlantic.

So, is blindly believing something (faith) better than thinking for yourself, looking for real answers and understanding the nature of reality?

That is what Plato did and he came to believe that there was a Creator as have billions of other people alive today. There is ample fact, argument, and reason to believe in God, so your false dichotomy of 'blind faith' vrs 'rational atheism' is nothing more than bullshit or maybe horse shit.

There are plenty, far too many to go into now, but you can start with infinite regression fallacy proving that the flow of time had to start, thus anything subject to time cannot be eternal, not even time itself. Something eternal must exist.

But I am not here to spoon feed you; look the shit up yourself.

"1,500 years ago, everybody knew that the Earth was the center of the universe. 500 years ago, everybody knew that the Earth was flat. And 15 minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow."
- "Men In Black"

I'm comfortable with my disbelief in conventional religions because projected fowards over time, people gradually abandon stupidity when sciences forces them to acknowledge truths.
It's a commonly held belief that the vast majority of Christians thought the world was flat. That's not true.
The flat-earth myth and creationism - creation.com
Christian theologians, almost without exception, likewise accepted the fact that the earth is a sphere. The only two Christian writers known to have advocated a flat earth were a 4th-century heretic, Lactantius, and an obscure 6th-century Egyptian Monk, Cosmas Indicopleustes. Later, these two obscure and uninfluential writers were used as the prime evidence to prove that the flat-earth view was accepted by the Church as a whole—or at least by large parts of it.

The myth that the Church ‘condemned as heretics all who claimed that the earth was round’ was ‘invented by two fabulists working separately: Antoine-Jean Letronne, an anticlerical 19th-century Frenchman, and Washington Irving. The 19th-century American writer Washington Irving was actually the first major promulgator of the flat-earth myth. In his very unreliable biography of Columbus, titled History of the Life and Voyages of Christopher Columbus (1828), Irving wrote that it was the flat-earth believing churchmen who vehemently opposed Columbus’ plan to travel to the Indies on the grounds that his ship would fall off the edge of the earth while attempting to sail across the Atlantic.

Yep, another atheist bullshit factoid repeated endlessly by ignoramuses and fools that trust them.

I don't care if atheists don't believe. I do care that they assault the faith of impressionable people and kids who don't have the resources to think it through.

It angers me that atheists rob people of their faith using false arguments and repeatedly disproven falsehoods, like the claim that there is evidence that Jesus did not live.

As to the individual atheist that chooses to not believe because he is too lazy and/or dishonest to look at the facts; to hell with him.

Just because billions believe something doesn't mean it's true. Everyone used to believe the world was flat too.

Conspiracy Theory Poll Results - Public Policy Polling

On our national poll this week we took the opportunity to poll 20 widespread and/or infamous conspiracy theories. Many of these theories are well known to the public, others perhaps to just the darker corners of the internet. Here’s what we found:

- 37% of voters believe global warming is a hoax, 51% do not. Republicans say global warming is a hoax by a 58-25 margin, Democrats disagree 11-77, and Independents are more split at 41-51. 61% of Romney voters believe global warming is a hoax

- 6% of voters believe Osama bin Laden is still alive

- 21% of voters say a UFO crashed in Roswell, NM in 1947 and the US government covered it up. More Romney voters (27%) than Obama voters (16%) believe in a UFO coverup

- 28% of voters believe secretive power elite with a globalist agenda is conspiring to eventually rule the world through an authoritarian world government, or New World Order. A plurality of Romney voters (38%) believe in the New World Order compared to 35% who don’t

- 28% of voters believe Saddam Hussein was involved in the 9/11 attacks. 36% of Romney voters believe Saddam Hussein was involved in 9/11, 41% do not

- 20% of voters believe there is a link between childhood vaccines and autism, 51% do not

- 7% of voters think the moon landing was faked

- 13% of voters think Barack Obama is the anti-Christ, including 22% of Romney voters

- Voters are split 44%-45% on whether Bush intentionally misled about weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. 72% of Democrats think Bush lied about WMDs, Independents agree 48-45, just 13% of Republicans think so

- 29% of voters believe aliens exist

- 14% of voters say the CIA was instrumental in creating the crack cocaine epidemic in America’s inner cities in the 1980’s

- 9% of voters think the government adds fluoride to our water supply for sinister reasons (not just dental health)

- 4% of voters say they believe “lizard people” control our societies by gaining political power

- 51% of voters say a larger conspiracy was at work in the JFK assassination, just 25% say Oswald acted alone

- 14% of voters believe in Bigfoot

- 15% of voters say the government or the media adds mind-controlling technology to TV broadcast signals (the so-called Tinfoil Hat crowd)

- 5% believe exhaust seen in the sky behind airplanes is actually chemicals sprayed by the government for sinister reasons

- 15% of voters think the medical industry and the pharmaceutical industry “invent” new diseases to make money

- Just 5% of voters believe that Paul McCartney actually died in 1966

- 11% of voters believe the US government allowed 9/11 to happen, 78% do not agree

25% of Brits think the lunar landings were a hoax, though only 6 to 7%% of Americans do.
Could moon landings have been faked? Some still think so - CNN.com

But LESS THAN 3% of Americans are atheist!
5 facts about atheists | Pew Research Center

That is right, more people believe that Elvis is still alive, that the world is ruled by lizard people, that Big Foot stalks our Rocky Mountains and that the US government caused 9-11 than believe that there is no God.

Atheists are simply kook-burgers like the 9-11 Truthers or the lunar landing denialists.

You present them with evidence like the Big Bang and you get things like 'Oh, I don't believe in the Big Bang.' You tell them how the infinite regression fallacy demonstrates that time had to have a starting point and they duh into silence. Show them alternative explanations that present Christianity in a better light than the Zinn bullshit people are fed these days and they simply repeat the propaganda and insist that it is all true no matter how Christians try to 'spin it'. Lol, now these morons cant distinguish between Russell and quackery or tell a good argument from a pile of nonsense.

Why do we theists give them the time of day?

They really cant be taken seriously any more. The Bertrand Russells are long gone, just the jack asses remain among atheism today; why bother?

Yea remember how accurate those Romney/Rasmussen polls were? :eusa_liar:

Maybe 3% in the bible belt will admit it. There are probably tons more that are in the closet about their doubts. In the north or big cities there are lots of people who don't believe. I'd put that number at well over 10%.

And I think 99% of theists haven't given it much thought. A lot that do end up leaving the church or becoming one of those people who doesn't take the miracle stories literally but they like what they hear. They like the church and the members.

Anyways, lets not also forget that there was a religious war going on before and after christ and there have been religious wars going on ever since. Who's winning? Depends on where you are. In the middle east the Muslim faith is winning. In the west Christianity rules. In Utah the Mormon faith is winning. In the south Born Agains, evangelicals, PTL, blablabla. Catholics are winning in South America. Whatever. Point is, you're all fucking nuts.

And more and more people are waking up. Not old people but the youth. You say that's a bad thing I think it's a good thing. They'll be smarter citizens. For example, without god no reason abortion is wrong. And without god we'd do more stem cell research. Just two small examples of how a future without god will be better.

Another example. Christians don't care about the polluted oceans. Why? Because the bible doesn't mention pollution being the end of humans. They are thinking it'll be jesus coming back. So no need to go green. Right? :cuckoo:

You present them with evidence like the Big Bang
How is that evidence for a god?

You tell them how the infinite regression fallacy demonstrates that time had to have a starting point and they duh into silence.
Not familiar with the particular issue you're referring to (I am familiar with the philosophical problem of infinite regression, but that has nothing to do with time or any god).

[qutoe]Show them alternative explanations that present Christianity in a better light than the Zinn bullshit people are fed these days and they simply repeat the propaganda and insist that it is all true no matter how Christians try to 'spin it'.
No idea what Zinn bullshit is or what propaganda you're referring to. But in any case, you'd have to demonstrate that your explanations are better (more explanatory) than others.

Lol, now these morons cant distinguish between Russell and quackery or tell a good argument from a pile of nonsense.
Oh, I can. And I have found most religious arguments claiming evidence of a god to be weak at best.

But if you think you can give it a shot:
Define what a god is, how you derived that definition, and how we can test whether or not a proposed god meets that definition. Really, if that can't be done satisfactorily, then all other arguments are moot.

Just because billions believe something doesn't mean it's true. Everyone used to believe the world was flat too.

Bullshit. The apparent spherical nature of this planet has been apparent since the development of serious astronomy thousands of years ago.

And why do you have to retreat to such a questionable canard anyway?

That is like saying that doctors don't know what they are doing today because they used to think that bleeding made people healthier.

Billions of people TODAY, with just as much access to data, rational thought, life experiences and mystical ones too have all come to a belief in God TODAY, not 6,000 fucking years ago.

THAT is what I am talking about. The vast majority of people here TODAY believe in God, and atheism is nothing more than a kookburger sliver of a minority cult that is outnumbered by people who think the moon landings were faked.

lol, deal with it.

Conspiracy Theory Poll Results - Public Policy Polling

On our national poll this week we took the opportunity to poll 20 widespread and/or infamous conspiracy theories. Many of these theories are well known to the public, others perhaps to just the darker corners of the internet. Here’s what we found:

- 37% of voters believe global warming is a hoax, 51% do not. Republicans say global warming is a hoax by a 58-25 margin, Democrats disagree 11-77, and Independents are more split at 41-51. 61% of Romney voters believe global warming is a hoax

- 6% of voters believe Osama bin Laden is still alive

- 21% of voters say a UFO crashed in Roswell, NM in 1947 and the US government covered it up. More Romney voters (27%) than Obama voters (16%) believe in a UFO coverup

- 28% of voters believe secretive power elite with a globalist agenda is conspiring to eventually rule the world through an authoritarian world government, or New World Order. A plurality of Romney voters (38%) believe in the New World Order compared to 35% who don’t

- 28% of voters believe Saddam Hussein was involved in the 9/11 attacks. 36% of Romney voters believe Saddam Hussein was involved in 9/11, 41% do not

- 20% of voters believe there is a link between childhood vaccines and autism, 51% do not

- 7% of voters think the moon landing was faked

- 13% of voters think Barack Obama is the anti-Christ, including 22% of Romney voters

- Voters are split 44%-45% on whether Bush intentionally misled about weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. 72% of Democrats think Bush lied about WMDs, Independents agree 48-45, just 13% of Republicans think so

- 29% of voters believe aliens exist

- 14% of voters say the CIA was instrumental in creating the crack cocaine epidemic in America’s inner cities in the 1980’s

- 9% of voters think the government adds fluoride to our water supply for sinister reasons (not just dental health)

- 4% of voters say they believe “lizard people” control our societies by gaining political power

- 51% of voters say a larger conspiracy was at work in the JFK assassination, just 25% say Oswald acted alone

- 14% of voters believe in Bigfoot

- 15% of voters say the government or the media adds mind-controlling technology to TV broadcast signals (the so-called Tinfoil Hat crowd)

- 5% believe exhaust seen in the sky behind airplanes is actually chemicals sprayed by the government for sinister reasons

- 15% of voters think the medical industry and the pharmaceutical industry “invent” new diseases to make money

- Just 5% of voters believe that Paul McCartney actually died in 1966

- 11% of voters believe the US government allowed 9/11 to happen, 78% do not agree

25% of Brits think the lunar landings were a hoax, though only 6 to 7%% of Americans do.
Could moon landings have been faked? Some still think so - CNN.com

But LESS THAN 3% of Americans are atheist!
5 facts about atheists | Pew Research Center

That is right, more people believe that Elvis is still alive, that the world is ruled by lizard people, that Big Foot stalks our Rocky Mountains and that the US government caused 9-11 than believe that there is no God.

Atheists are simply kook-burgers like the 9-11 Truthers or the lunar landing denialists.

You present them with evidence like the Big Bang and you get things like 'Oh, I don't believe in the Big Bang.' You tell them how the infinite regression fallacy demonstrates that time had to have a starting point and they duh into silence. Show them alternative explanations that present Christianity in a better light than the Zinn bullshit people are fed these days and they simply repeat the propaganda and insist that it is all true no matter how Christians try to 'spin it'. Lol, now these morons cant distinguish between Russell and quackery or tell a good argument from a pile of nonsense.

Why do we theists give them the time of day?

They really cant be taken seriously any more. The Bertrand Russells are long gone, just the jack asses remain among atheism today; why bother?

What about the multiple HAARP facilities across the globe?

There are plenty, far too many to go into now, but you can start with infinite regression fallacy proving that the flow of time had to start, thus anything subject to time cannot be eternal, not even time itself. Something eternal must exist.

But I am not here to spoon feed you; look the shit up yourself.

I have looked it up. I have found nothing that leads me to a god.

So, something eternal must exist? I don't know how we can prove that. But for the sake of argument, "something" has always been here. How does THAT equal "there is a god"?

Oh yea, trust me Christianity is dying. New Poll Shows That 38% of British Youth Don?t Believe in a God

There were 999 other religions before and after christianity. Its not sad that those religions are gone, right? Who's crying for Zeus? No one. In the future people will read about jesus but not as the Messiah.

Pew: 20% of Americans Are Now Atheist, Agnostic or Unaffiliated With a Religion | TheBlaze.com

The UK is a theocracy run by one of the most corrupt, venial and evil denominations this world has ever seen; Anglicanism. So who is surprised that lots of Brits are leaving that putrid mass of loserdom?

But as to Christianity around the globe? Christianity is growing faster in absolute numbers than all the rest.

Fastest Growing Religion; Christianity

The five fastest growing religions in terms of absolute numbers:

1. Christianity 25,210,195
2. Islam 22,588,676
3. Hinduism 12,533,734
4. Chinese folk-religions 3,715,548
5. Buddhism 3,687,527

So most of the people in the world are dumb assholes. This is news? :dunno:

Says the arrogant prick who thinks he is smarter than the rest of the world.

Hey, you finally got something right! :D

It is true most of the people in the world are dumb assholes. I'll include myself among them. If the electricity went out, would I know how to invent it again? Do I know how to make antibiotics? Set a broken arm? Build a house? You get the point. If it weren't for 5% of the people the rest of us would still be living in caves using sticks instead of guns or riding horses instead of cars.

And I notice whenever I watch science shows, nothing they are saying ever suggests a god. As I watch I must admit I do think, "this is amazing how can this be and something must have created all this". I'm no different than anyone else. I am just doubtful. Doubtful any god exists but open to the idea, and ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN Jesus and Mohammad and Mosus are all made up stories that came from an illiterate society who didn't know science and who invented god to deal with their fear of the unknown. A super parent when things get tough. Also he is used to make people be good. If you will go to hell for doing bad, then you won't do bad. That's at least the goal. Then eventually they figured out how to get people's money with god and control them.

Oh yea, trust me Christianity is dying. New Poll Shows That 38% of British Youth Don?t Believe in a God

There were 999 other religions before and after christianity. Its not sad that those religions are gone, right? Who's crying for Zeus? No one. In the future people will read about jesus but not as the Messiah.

Pew: 20% of Americans Are Now Atheist, Agnostic or Unaffiliated With a Religion | TheBlaze.com

The UK is a theocracy run by one of the most corrupt, venial and evil denominations this world has ever seen; Anglicanism. So who is surprised that lots of Brits are leaving that putrid mass of loserdom?

But as to Christianity around the globe? Christianity is growing faster in absolute numbers than all the rest.

Fastest Growing Religion; Christianity

The five fastest growing religions in terms of absolute numbers:

1. Christianity 25,210,195
2. Islam 22,588,676
3. Hinduism 12,533,734
4. Chinese folk-religions 3,715,548
5. Buddhism 3,687,527

Notice where religion grows. In the poorest places where people are desperate.

Says the arrogant prick who thinks he is smarter than the rest of the world.

Hey, you finally got something right! :D

It is true most of the people in the world are dumb assholes. I'll include myself among them. If the electricity went out, would I know how to invent it again? Do I know how to make antibiotics? Set a broken arm? Build a house? You get the point. If it weren't for 5% of the people the rest of us would still be living in caves using sticks instead of guns or riding horses instead of cars.

And I notice whenever I watch science shows, nothing they are saying ever suggests a god. As I watch I must admit I do think, "this is amazing how can this be and something must have created all this". I'm no different than anyone else. I am just doubtful. Doubtful any god exists but open to the idea, and ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN Jesus and Mohammad and Mosus are all made up stories that came from an illiterate society who didn't know science and who invented god to deal with their fear of the unknown. A super parent when things get tough. Also he is used to make people be good. If you will go to hell for doing bad, then you won't do bad. That's at least the goal. Then eventually they figured out how to get people's money with god and control them.

I would much rather ride a horse than in a car any day :D Horses don't emit pollution and horseback riding is fun.

Forum List

Back