ATHEISM: How Many Gods Are There?

GLASNOST

Gold Member
Aug 1, 2016
Ouma se rondovel
Judaism, with its' concept of only one God (monotheism), was such a good idea that both Christianity and Islam modeled their fundamental, metaphysical convictions on the Jewish concept. Believing in an assortment of Gods (polytheism) is very confusion anyway, and sometimes it is impossible not to realize that one God is in opposition with another God. I mean, if the Gods cannot agree with one another how should we mortals proceed? “One God” sounds good to me.

“God” - The Creator. That's what God is suppose to have done, Create Heaven and Earth. So “The Creator” is synonymous with “God” and The Creator (according to Judaism, Christianity, and Islam) is One. One God. He came from nothing. Nothing at all. He always was and he always will be. Nothing happened before Him because there never was any “before Him”. It's always been Him.

As far as atheists are concerned, there is no God, neither monotheism nor polytheism. But – Lo and behold! - they do believe in “creation”. They believe that two particles collided with one another (the “Big Bang”) and from that altercation Life began! And from where did these colliding particles hail? From nowhere. They always were. So if we accept this theory we have no choice but to assume that these two were the Creators – two Gods. Polytheism? I guess so. Of course it could be that those particles were not Gods at all but created by a God …. or Gods. Atheists never seem to have much to say about that. Believers and dis-Believers just think that everything was created from nothing. "It always was!"

I am an Agnostic. Golly! I'm so glad!
Old_man_jumps.gif

Judaism, with its' concept of only one God (monotheism), was such a good idea that both Christianity and Islam modeled their fundamental, metaphysical convictions on the Jewish concept. Believing in an assortment of Gods (polytheism) is very confusion anyway, and sometimes it is impossible not to realize that one God is in opposition with another God. I mean, if the Gods cannot agree with one another how should we mortals proceed? “One God” sounds good to me.

“God” - The Creator. That's what God is suppose to have done, Create Heaven and Earth. So “The Creator” is synonymous with “God” and The Creator (according to Judaism, Christianity, and Islam) is One. One God. He came from nothing. Nothing at all. He always was and he always will be. Nothing happened before Him because there never was any “before Him”. It's always been Him.

As far as atheists are concerned, there is no God, neither monotheism nor polytheism. But – Lo and behold! - they do believe in “creation”. They believe that two particles collided with one another (the “Big Bang”) and from that altercation Life began! And from where did these colliding particles hail? From nowhere. They always were. So if we accept this theory we have no choice but to assume that these two were the Creators – two Gods. Polytheism? I guess so. Of course it could be that those particles were not Gods at all but created by a God …. or Gods. Atheists never seem to have much to say about that. Believers and dis-Believers just think that everything was created from nothing. "It always was!"

Old_man_jumps.gif

I like the zeus vs hera ----ETERNAL quarrel. -------It is very interesting
that Zeus---had lots of bastards ------but as far as I recall Hera remains true----
watta wuss

The only God is the God of the Church of Warmers. There are no other Gods...

Some think that God is in the flesh...and might be Obama...maybe Fat Albert....or even James Hansen...peace be upon them!!!

The sermons given by these three often cause amazing euphoria is believers....its a f**king MIRACLE.

A billion years ago the universe existed and a billion years from now it will still exist, it doesn't care what we think.... The human lives in the now. Enjoy the now.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/writing/50677-life-chance-eternity.html

"I think it's much more interesting to live not knowing than to have answers which might be wrong. I have approximate answers and possible beliefs and different degrees of uncertainty about different things, but I am not absolutely sure of anything and there are many things I don't know anything about, such as whether it means anything to ask why we're here. I don't have to know an answer. I don't feel frightened not knowing things, by being lost in a mysterious universe without any purpose, which is the way it really is as far as I can tell." Richard Feynman

Old_man_jumps.gif
The existence of a Supreme Cause is a problem without solution.
25 centuries of philosophy in the West and more than twice that time in the Far East didn't solve the question.
I think we'll never now if
there's a God;
there are many Gods or
there's no God at all and all reality is just this material world.
The best we can do is believing in what we want being respectful for other people's beliefs :)

p.s. for the records my family is Buddhist but I'm Agnostic like the OP :smile:

How many Gods for atheists?

Too many to count

A nice cold bottle of beer
The NFL to worship ALL DAY on Sunday
Chicken wings right out of the fryer
NFL Red Zone to fill the lulls
Hot pizza at halftime

Ahhhh,,,,the virtue of atheism

If man was made in Gods image.....then is there a Mrs God?

What sexual organs does God have and how would he use them?

We know very little about God's reproductive organs. We do know something about his digestive tract, however. It ought to be common knowledge that he dumps "holy shit" on us all.

"...God, in Himself, contains both masculine and feminine. GASP! God contains a feminine nature? Of course He does. Goodness. If God possessed no feminine nature, then that would mean that women contained a nature that was completely outside of God. How could God create something which He Himself did not contain? Well, you might say, God doesn’t have an evil nature, but evil exists. No. Evil is merely the absence of good. Evil is not extant, just as cold is the mere absence of heat, and darkness is the mere absence of light. Femininity is an extant nature. Femininity is NOT the absence of masculinity. Femininity is an existential reality unto itself, and therefore God contains it in Himself.

Let’s define masculinity and femininity with two axioms:

The essence of masculinity is INITIATION.

The essence of femininity is RESPONSE.

In all aspects of life, from sociology to courtship to sexual intercourse itself, men are vocationally the initiators – or at least they SHOULD BE. Men lead. Men make decisions. Men command armies and wage war. Men initiate courtship. Men are the head of the household. Even the male anatomy is initiatory. The man introduces his body into that of his wife..."

The One About WHY PRIESTS CAN ONLY EVER BE MEN | Barnhardt

"...God, in Himself, contains both masculine and feminine. GASP! God contains a feminine nature? Of course He does. Goodness. If God possessed no feminine nature, then that would mean that women contained a nature that was completely outside of God. How could God create something which He Himself did not contain? Well, you might say, God doesn’t have an evil nature, but evil exists. No. Evil is merely the absence of good. Evil is not extant, just as cold is the mere absence of heat, and darkness is the mere absence of light. Femininity is an extant nature. Femininity is NOT the absence of masculinity. Femininity is an existential reality unto itself, and therefore God contains it in Himself.

In all aspects of life, from sociology to courtship to sexual intercourse itself, men are vocationally the initiators – or at least they SHOULD BE. Men lead. Men make decisions. Men command armies and wage war. Men initiate courtship. Men are the head of the household. Even the male anatomy is initiatory. The man introduces his body into that of his wife..."

Do you believe in 7-years-bad-luck from a broken mirror, burning bushes, and spontaneous generation? I'll bet that you do.

Do you believe in 7-years-bad-luck from a broken mirror, burning bushes, and spontaneous generation? I'll bet that you do.
No. I don't. However I do believe that we can use what was created as evidence to learn about God. I do believe the universe is a self-referential system which behaves as a mind. I do believe that we live in a universe where the laws of nature are such that given enough time and the right conditions that beings that know and create will eventually arise. I do believe that the purpose of the universe was to create beings that know and create. I do believe that like every evolutionary phase before it that consciousness is evolving along a similar trajectory. I do believe that there are physical and moral laws of nature and that these laws control the evolution of matter since space and time were created.

What do you believe and what is your evidence for that belief?

"...God, in Himself, contains both masculine and feminine. GASP! God contains a feminine nature? Of course He does. Goodness. If God possessed no feminine nature, then that would mean that women contained a nature that was completely outside of God. How could God create something which He Himself did not contain? Well, you might say, God doesn’t have an evil nature, but evil exists. No. Evil is merely the absence of good. Evil is not extant, just as cold is the mere absence of heat, and darkness is the mere absence of light. Femininity is an extant nature. Femininity is NOT the absence of masculinity. Femininity is an existential reality unto itself, and therefore God contains it in Himself. Let’s define masculinity and femininity with two axioms: The essence of masculinity is INITIATION. The essence of femininity is RESPONSE.
In all aspects of life, from sociology to courtship to sexual intercourse itself, men are vocationally the initiators – or at least they SHOULD BE. Men lead. Men make decisions. Men command armies and wage war. Men initiate courtship. Men are the head of the household. Even the male anatomy is initiatory. The man introduces his body into that of his wife..." The One About WHY PRIESTS CAN ONLY EVER BE MEN | Barnhardt
No. I don't. However I do believe that we can use what was created as evidence to learn about God. I do believe the universe is a self-referential system which behaves as a mind. I do believe that we live in a universe where the laws of nature are such that given enough time and the right conditions that beings that know and create will eventually arise. I do believe that the purpose of the universe was to create beings that know and create. I do believe that like every evolutionary phase before it that consciousness is evolving along a similar trajectory. I do believe that there are physical and moral laws of nature and that these laws control the evolution of matter since space and time were created. What do you believe and what is your evidence for that belief?
I am Agnostic. I don't need evidence for anything.

What a sexist view of life

Only women are capable of Goodness?
Women are made to be followers, not make decisions, not initiate any activity

19th century thinking

"...God, in Himself, contains both masculine and feminine. GASP! God contains a feminine nature? Of course He does. Goodness. If God possessed no feminine nature, then that would mean that women contained a nature that was completely outside of God. How could God create something which He Himself did not contain? Well, you might say, God doesn’t have an evil nature, but evil exists. No. Evil is merely the absence of good. Evil is not extant, just as cold is the mere absence of heat, and darkness is the mere absence of light. Femininity is an extant nature. Femininity is NOT the absence of masculinity. Femininity is an existential reality unto itself, and therefore God contains it in Himself. Let’s define masculinity and femininity with two axioms: The essence of masculinity is INITIATION. The essence of femininity is RESPONSE.
In all aspects of life, from sociology to courtship to sexual intercourse itself, men are vocationally the initiators – or at least they SHOULD BE. Men lead. Men make decisions. Men command armies and wage war. Men initiate courtship. Men are the head of the household. Even the male anatomy is initiatory. The man introduces his body into that of his wife..." The One About WHY PRIESTS CAN ONLY EVER BE MEN | Barnhardt
No. I don't. However I do believe that we can use what was created as evidence to learn about God. I do believe the universe is a self-referential system which behaves as a mind. I do believe that we live in a universe where the laws of nature are such that given enough time and the right conditions that beings that know and create will eventually arise. I do believe that the purpose of the universe was to create beings that know and create. I do believe that like every evolutionary phase before it that consciousness is evolving along a similar trajectory. I do believe that there are physical and moral laws of nature and that these laws control the evolution of matter since space and time were created. What do you believe and what is your evidence for that belief?
I am Agnostic. I don't need evidence for anything.
If you were agnostic you wouldn't be discussing the existence or non-existence of God at all.

19th century thinking
That isn't what that said. If it were you would have explained it.

Last edited:

19th century thinking
That isn't what that said.

God contains a feminine nature? Of course He does. Goodness
Men lead. Men make decisions. Men command armies and wage war. Men initiate courtship. Men are the head of the household

19th century thinking

Yep. Too bad you don't believe in God.

19th century thinking

Yep. Too bad you don't believe in God.

Don't believe in Santa either....takes all the fun out of Christmas

Forum List

Back