Assassination. An option? Since when?

Again, for the mentally challenged, the piece is based on a scenario of what steps an Israeli government might take in a specific scenario. Anyone who sees this as anything 'threatening' has some intellectual issues.
Exactly! It is no more a threat than is a screenplay about a plot to assassinate a president for whatever reason. Sounds like a good plot for an episode of Mission Impossible.

No big deal.

I haven't read the article and do not intend to waste my time with it, but it could be that the author lists all alternatives for a dilemma regardless of some being "out of the question" in order to logically eliminate them.

Another possibility is they could surgically nuke Capital Hill while Congress is in session.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Again, for the mentally challenged, the piece is based on a scenario of what steps an Israeli government might take in a specific scenario. Anyone who sees this as anything 'threatening' has some intellectual issues.
Exactly! It is no more a threat than is a screenplay about a plot to assassinate a president for whatever reason. Sounds like a good plot for an episode of Mission Impossible.

No big deal.

I haven't read the article and do not intend to waste my time with it, but it could be that the author lists all alternatives for a dilemma regardless of some being "out of the question" in order to logically eliminate them.

Another possibility is they could surgically nuke Capital Hill while Congress is in session.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Indeed, it lists a variety of reactions, based on a specific scenario. One of those options would be to assassinate an anti-Israeli POTUS. A big, fat 'so what' to any rational American. Apparently, the OP is not one of those.

What? People secretly want the President to be assassinated in 2017? We don't even know who the President will be in 2017.

Idiot.

Does it fucking matter? There are religious nutjobs out there who so much believe in their self fulfilling prophecy that they would be willing to support absolutely anything for the state of Israel. That includes today with Obama(where a majority of the discussion and sentiment lies), and any future president.

So don't idiot me, you valley girl trash.

Oh look! A cowman with mad cow disease! Hey, cowherd...looking for a pat on the back again! :lol: You sound just like Unkotare's sock!

That's mad? I thought I was making a poignant observation of California fauna.

CokAE.png

Does it fucking matter? There are religious nutjobs out there who so much believe in their self fulfilling prophecy that they would be willing to support absolutely anything for the state of Israel. That includes today with Obama(where a majority of the discussion and sentiment lies), and any future president.

Oh look! A cowman with mad cow disease! Hey, cowherd...looking for a pat on the back again! :lol: You sound just like Unkotare's sock!

CokAE.png

Creating an alternative reality is, generally, not considered a 'poignant observation'. But you carry one... I have no issue with you demonstrating your stupidity. I actively encourage it.

You're an overly emotional twit. Since you find it difficult to cope with my taking a rational view of your ridiculously hyperbolic OP, you resort to the SOP of the brainless and think insulting my profession is somehow relevant. For a mental health professional, you seem a tad mentally unbalanced.

Your profession. LOL.

Let's see. I believe it was you who started lobbing shit at the profession of someone who actually has a profession. You can dish it out, but you can't take it! You are chicken shit.

Well, I get paid to write... and I see nothing that alludes to him alluding to homicide. It's a 'what if' scenario and you are being ridiculous by drawing parallels based on your meaningless experience.

Had I been writing a similar 'what if' article, I would probably have included the same possibility. It's meaningless.

Must suck to be you.

You were the one who claimed your 'profession' had some bearing on the subject. So does mine. I write for a living. So does the guy who wrote the article. See the connection there?

Yours, on the other hand, has absolutely no bearing on it, since he clearly is not calling for the assassination of any President. He is just 'war gaming' a scenario.

Moron. I feel sorry for your 'patients'.... happily, they are just voices in your head.

LOL. Your feathers are really ruffled now aren't they. It does seem that my profession is more important to the SS than yours!

What kind of training do Uniformed Division officers receive?

New appointees receive an intensive training program, which is 12 weeks in duration, at the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center in Glynco, Georgia, followed by a 12-week specialized training at the Secret Service's training facilities outside Washington, D.C. Training includes coursework in police procedures, firearms, physical fitness, psychology, police-community relations, criminal law, first aid, laws of arrest, search and seizure, physical defense techniques, diplomatic immunity, international treaties and protocol. On-the-job training and advanced in-service training programs complement classroom studies.

United States Secret Service: Frequently Asked Questions

So a 'what if' scenario lists options as to what Israel might do. Again, I'm not seeing the reason for any outrage.

Just saying something like this would not be such a big deal except it is willfully published by the owner of a newspaper, I don't know if he is indictable but he certainly crossed the line of journalistic responsibility. He is openly selling the idea that the assassination of the president would save Israel from destruction, who knows who may buy such an outlandish and dangerous idea.

So one must assume you were OUTRAGED when the Movie about assassinating Bush was made and shown? Or was that DIFFERENT?

Atlanta, Georgia (CNN) -- The U.S. Secret Service is looking into a controversial column by an Atlanta Jewish newspaper publisher that mulled the assassination of an American president.

Andrew Adler, owner and publisher of the Atlanta Jewish Times, wrote a January 13 column about the threat of Iran to Israel. He posed three options for the Jewish state to counter the Iranian regime.

One of them called for a "hit on a president in order to preserve Israel's existence."

"Give the go-ahead for U.S. based Mossad agents to take out a president deemed unfriendly to Israel in order for the current vice president to take his place and forcefully dictate that the United States' policy includes its helping the Jewish state obliterate its enemies."

U.S. Secret Service spokesman George Ogilvie told CNN Saturday, "We are aware of it. We are taking the appropriate investigative steps."

Wow. I can't believe this. Who doesn't know it is a felony to threaten a US president?

And what purpose would it serve? The vice president of the same stripe would be next in line!

Edited to add link: Jewish paper's column catches Secret Service eye - CNN.com

Sorry, didn't mean to forget it.

I see no threat in the article. The guy seems to be suggesting that such a scenario may have been discussed by the Israelis.

With allies like that we don't need enemies!~

*SNIP*

Creating an alternative reality is, generally, not considered a 'poignant observation'. But you carry one... I have no issue with you demonstrating your stupidity. I actively encourage it.

Oh, thanks baby.

DOLUb.png

So a 'what if' scenario lists options as to what Israel might do. Again, I'm not seeing the reason for any outrage.

Just saying something like this would not be such a big deal except it is willfully published by the owner of a newspaper, I don't know if he is indictable but he certainly crossed the line of journalistic responsibility. He is openly selling the idea that the assassination of the president would save Israel from destruction, who knows who may buy such an outlandish and dangerous idea.

So one must assume you were OUTRAGED when the Movie about assassinating Bush was made and shown? Or was that DIFFERENT?

"Death of a President" was a pretty tasteless film idea, but comparing a work of fiction and guy saying someone should kill the President is really stretching.

"Death of a President" was a pretty tasteless film idea, but comparing a work of fiction and guy saying someone should kill the President is really stretching.

Except that this guy is no more saying someone should kill the President as that movie was.

Oh well. Try a different tack.... hey, maybe it's because he's black.... except that the scenario the journalist writes about takes place in 2017.... so, no, that can't be it either.

Dammmmmit! Work with me. Find me some fucking faux outrage!

How do you figure? The movie was a work of fiction. This guy is writing out his dream scenarios.

How do you figure? The movie was a work of fiction. This guy is writing out his dream scenarios.

No, he was responding to a scenario. But don't let that get in the way of bullshit. You never have before.

What scenario? If I started talking about how someone is going to rape your children, would you write that off to "responding to a scenario"?

CG, you are on the wrong side of the fence on this one. And I suspect it will bite you in the ass.

I am on my side of the 'fence'. I really don't care what anyone else thinks. I march to my own drum - one that beats out logic, critical thought and reason. If others don't like that beat, that's not my problem.

Your drum beats out logic, critical thought and reason? No wonder you don't have any of it, your drum beat all of it out of you.

A real writer would have come across a lot clearer.

Not made in this country. DIdn't see it. DIdn't even hear about it until these boards outraged over it. Would NOT see it. Have no power over it.

Now....tell me how much my outrage should be and how should I display it. I want to do this the RW way.

No, he was responding to a scenario. But don't let that get in the way of bullshit. You never have before.

What scenario? If I started talking about how someone is going to rape your children, would you write that off to "responding to a scenario"?

Did you read the actual article he wrote or did you just read the 'outraged' media about it? I read the actual article. It's a scenario - taking place in 2017..... this is creating an outrage where there is none.

Faux outrage - the resort of the overly emotional.

link has been added.

The secret service may not completely agree with you. At least according to the article.

The Secret Service have a habit of over reacting to what they perceive as a 'threat'. With good reason... but I see nothing to get hysterical about.

Please explain how to over-react with good reason.

The connotation of the term 'over-react' is that the reaction was excessive and unwarranted. Therefore 'over-react with good reason' is an oxymoron.

That's what a lot of people probably secretly want. Disgusting really.

What? People secretly want the President to be assassinated in 2017? We don't even know who the President will be in 2017.

Idiot.

I don't get the sense that Obama is that keen on Israel. I believe, if he thought he could, he would dump Israel as an ally in a New York minute. He hasn't figured out how to do that just yet.

The Secret Service have a habit of over reacting to what they perceive as a 'threat'. With good reason... but I see nothing to get hysterical about.

Please explain how to over-react with good reason.

The connotation of the term 'over-react' is that the reaction was excessive and unwarranted. Therefore 'over-react with good reason' is an oxymoron.

I've already explained it. Fortunately, you are a straight-forward moron, nothing oxy about it.

Forum List

Back