As Confederate monuments come down when will libs come for the Washington Monument, Jefferson Memori

Washington and Jefferson are of course everywhere throughout the nation, statues, streets, buildings, schools, our money, etc.
They're of course even on Mt Rushmore.

They owned slaves, so obviously at some point the focus will turn to these two as well as others, as today's liberals seek to cleanse the nation of anything pertaining to past sins.

They'll be coming folks, there is no question. You might not hear the footsteps now, but they'll be coming, it's simply a matter of time.

Ah, yes, the Slippery Slope argument. that never gets old.

I see nothing wrong with putting Washington and Jefferson in Context. Jefferson wrote some wonderful things about liberty and freedom, and then he went right home and sexually abused Sally Hemings. Why not discuss both?

Who said anything about not discussing the issues?
I'm not for covering up what these men participated in, I'm asking when will libs be coming for the monuments?

?
Washington and Jefferson are of course everywhere throughout the nation, statues, streets, buildings, schools, our money, etc.

They owned slaves, so obviously at some point the focus will turn to these two as well as others, as today's liberals seek to cleanse the nation of anything pertaining to past sins.

They'll be coming folks, there is no question. You might not hear the footsteps now, but they'll be coming, it's simply a matter of time.

After the Confederates, Who's Next?

On Sept. 1, 1864, Union forces under Gen. William Tecumseh Sherman, victorious at Jonesborough, burned Atlanta and began the March to the Sea where Sherman's troops looted and pillaged farms and towns all along the 300-mile road to Savannah.

Captured in the Confederate defeat at Jonesborough was William Martin Buchanan of Okolona, Mississippi, who was transferred by rail to the Union POW stockade at Camp Douglas, Illinois.

By the standards of modernity, my great-grandfather, fighting to prevent the torching of Georgia's capital, was engaged in a criminal and immoral cause. And "Uncle Billy" Sherman was a liberator.

Under President Grant, Sherman took command of the Union army and ordered Gen. Philip Sheridan, who had burned the Shenandoah Valley to starve Virginia into submission, to corral the Plains Indians on reservations.

Today we would call some of what the Union did during the Civil War...Terrorism. Waging war upon civilians. And our military is fighting a war against such. But it was ok when Lincoln's army did it.

Is there any poster on USMB that has a more negative outlook than Joe?
Can you imagine living with this guy ?
He's the one person that would look up in the sky on a beautiful early summer day, and point out the one cloud in the sky.

?

On Sept. 1, 1864, Union forces under Gen. William Tecumseh Sherman, victorious at Jonesborough, burned Atlanta and began the March to the Sea where Sherman's troops looted and pillaged farms and towns all along the 300-mile road to Savannah.

Captured in the Confederate defeat at Jonesborough was William Martin Buchanan of Okolona, Mississippi, who was transferred by rail to the Union POW stockade at Camp Douglas, Illinois.

By the standards of modernity, my great-grandfather, fighting to prevent the torching of Georgia's capital, was engaged in a criminal and immoral cause. And "Uncle Billy" Sherman was a liberator.

Under President Grant, Sherman took command of the Union army and ordered Gen. Philip Sheridan, who had burned the Shenandoah Valley to starve Virginia into submission, to corral the Plains Indians on reservations.

Today we would call some of what the Union did during the Civil War...Terrorism. Waging war upon civilians. And our military is fighting a war against such. But it was ok when Lincoln's army did it.

Just think about what Sherman did. Disgraceful. During his march to the sea, he would send out some of his men especially at night to loot and terrorize civilians. They were known as "Bummers". Just despicable.

Neither Washington nor Jefferson ever fought to preserve slavery

Whites owned slaves. .Whites practiced segregation. It was bi partisan.

Ask Ulysses S. Grant.

Republicans Revise The History Of Slavery to Make Themselves The Party of Equal Rights.
Republicans Revise The History Of Slavery to Make Themselves The Party of Equal Rights

Can you imagine that... the Commanding General of the entire Union Army fighting to "free the slaves" was a former slave owner? Define Hypocrisy.
Hypocrisy?
Probably

But Grant and especially Sherman freed hundreds of thousands of slaves

170px-Private_Edwin_Francis_Jemison.jpg
<-------------------Surrender Monkey Snowflake Cuck Squish

Why is Albert Pike's statute so prominently in Washington, D.C? A Confederate general and one of the founders of the KKK that used the structural order of freemasonry to swear it's members to an oath of secrecy???? Could it be because Albert Pike's book "Morals And Dogma" is considered the bible of Scottish Rite Freemasonry???? And that most of the members of congress are high degreed freemasons????

i'm sure that the Trilateralists Jesuit Bilderberger Lizard People are behind it, Crazy Dale... and they just want you to take your meds.

Question: Why do leftards suck so bad at debating?

Answer: Because they base their arguments on feelings and emotions and they suffer from arrested development. They are easily duped by the lame stream corporate media and have a blind faith in it's consensus. They have no critical thinking skills whatsoever. They believe an "Operation Gladio" false flag event like Sandy Hook actually happened because "the media" said so. They believe it because the Barrypuppet wipes a fake tear from his eye. They never stop to think that the same M.O is used every time. Leftards are willing lemmings to the very elites that they claim to be against. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

?

It is in dispute as to whether Sheridan said, "The only good Indian is a dead Indian." There is no dispute as to the contempt Sheridan had for the Indians, killing their buffalo to deprive them of food.

Today, great statues stand in the nation's capital, along with a Sherman and a Sheridan circle, to honor these most ruthless of generals in that bloodiest of wars that cost 620,000 American lives.

Leftists think that V wall thingy, and that unwanted soldier thing are gun nut hang outs.

I don't think that is what you intended.

Answer: Because they base their arguments on feelings and emotions and they suffer from arrested development. They are easily duped by the lame stream corporate media and have a blind faith in it's consensus. They have no critical thinking skills whatsoever. They believe an "Operation Gladio" false flag event like Sandy Hook actually happened because "the media" said so. They believe it because the Barrypuppet wipes a fake tear from his eye. They never stop to think that the same M.O is used every time. Leftards are willing lemmings to the very elites that they claim to be against. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay,Dale, we all know you are a special kind of crazy, and the Lizardmen are leaving chemtrails to mess with you.

12 US Presidents were slave owners. Should we tear down their statues?

How many of them lead a war to break up the union?

Executive Mansion,
Washington, August 22, 1862.

Hon. Horace Greeley:
Dear Sir.

I have just read yours of the 19th. addressed to myself through the New-York Tribune. If there be in it any statements, or assumptions of fact, which I may know to be erroneous, I do not, now and here, controvert them. If there be in it any inferences which I may believe to be falsely drawn, I do not now and here, argue against them. If there be perceptable in it an impatient and dictatorial tone, I waive it in deference to an old friend, whose heart I have always supposed to be right.

As to the policy I "seem to be pursuing" as you say, I have not meant to leave any one in doubt.

I would save the Union. I would save it the shortest way under the Constitution. The sooner the national authority can be restored; the nearer the Union will be "the Union as it was." If there be those who would not save the Union, unless they could at the same time save slavery, I do not agree with them. If there be those who would not save the Union unless they could at the same time destroy slavery, I do not agree with them. My paramount object in this struggle is to save the Union, and is not either to save or to destroy slavery. If I could save the Union without freeing any slave I would do it, and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone I would also do that. What I do about slavery, and the colored race, I do because I believe it helps to save the Union; and what I forbear, I forbear because I do not believe it would help to save the Union. I shall do lesswhenever I shall believe what I am doing hurts the cause, and I shall do more whenever I shall believe doing more will help the cause. I shall try to correct errors when shown to be errors; and I shall adopt new views so fast as they shall appear to be true views.

I have here stated my purpose according to my view of official duty; and I intend no modification of my oft-expressed personal wish that all men every where could be free.

Yours,
A. Lincoln.

Who said anything about not discussing the issues?
I'm not for covering up what these men participated in, I'm asking when will libs be coming for the monuments?

Okay, you see, we didn't make a monument to Jefferson for raping Sally Hemmings... Although that would make an interesting sculpture if we did...

We honor him for his words.

So what did the Confederates do that deserved to be honored with monuments? They actually did kind of a shitty and stupid thing.

And we've let them have 150 years of therapy... enough is enough.

Ah, yes, the Slippery Slope argument. that never gets old.

I see nothing wrong with putting Washington and Jefferson in Context. Jefferson wrote some wonderful things about liberty and freedom, and then he went right home and sexually abused Sally Hemings. Why not discuss both?
Your Indian name is Foot In Mouth.
You just applied selective contextualism like a good political bigot.

Forum List

Back