As a Jew this is hard for me to explain

America hasn't always been a paradise for Jews.

Within my lifetime, it was still legal to not rent or sell property to Jews. Real estate ads in New York City contained the phrase 'Only Gentiles Need Apply'.

Companies could discriminate against Jews in hiring. Large firms made it policy to not hire Jews.

Hotel chains across America were openly restricted to potential guests with 'Jewish-sounding' surnames.

You couldn't join many country or social clubs if you were Jewish.

In 1930s America, this man, Charles Coughlin, had a network radio show espousing anti-semitic rhetoric to millions of listeners.

330px-Charles_Coughlin.jpg

In the 1920s, this was a nation-wide best-seller

41aUzdxfdmL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Israel is the only country on the face of this Earth where Jews are not the 'guests' of a host nation.

It's sad that there has to be at least one place where Jews can be autonomous, but history has shown, over and over again, that it is existentially necessary that Israel exist.

i may not agree with you all the time on USMB, but my father told mentioned to me about "Father" Coughlin and his antics (my father was born Catholic in January 1917) and I know about the bizarre activities of Henry Ford. I know about the Holocaust. I do not understand why so many people hound people of the Jewish faith, who are worthy as any other, and certainly are not deserving of wholesale murder. I certainly would not have murdered your grandmother. I love the YouTube series Bernette Clarke, "Strictly Kosher." We must all stick together.

lol you need to ask your fellow Democrats why they insist on policies that will wipe out Israelis, and support cretins blowing up Europe and importing them to the U.S.. You aren't believable as a left wing 'social justice warrior' troll anyway, too ignorant and relying solely on pre=packaged narratives.

There is no "racial part" and it doesn't matter what a person likes or dislikes.

Of course there is. You think one just shows up at a synagogue and they all dance around making you a 'brother' or something?

Being a Jew means being a part of the Jewish people.
As far as religion goes, Christians are just as Jewish
Nope.

Yep, very much so.

As a whole, Jews have forgotten God. It certainly isn't the first time and it probably won't be the last time. God loves predictable surprises. He created them.

“More than half a century ago, while I was still a child, I recall hearing a number of older people offer the following explanation for the great disasters that had befallen Russia: ‘Men have forgotten God; that's why all this has happened.’ Since then I have spent well-nigh fifty years working on the history of our Revolution; in the process I have read hundreds of books, collected hundreds of personal testimonies, and have already contributed eight volumes of my own toward the effort of clearing away the rubble left by that upheaval...But if I were asked today to formulate as concisely as possible the main cause of the ruinous Revolution that swallowed up some sixty million of our people, I could not put it more accurately than to repeat: "Men have forgotten God; that's why all this has happened.’”

“Templeton Lecture, May 10, 1983,” in The Solzhenitsyn Reader: New and Essential Writings, 1947-2005, eds. Edward E. Ericson, Jr. and Daniel J. Mahoney (Wilmington, DE: Intercollegiate Studies Institute, 2006), 577

As a whole, Jews have forgotten God. It certainly isn't the first time and it probably won't be the last time. God loves predictable surprises. He created them.

“More than half a century ago, while I was still a child, I recall hearing a number of older people offer the following explanation for the great disasters that had befallen Russia: ‘Men have forgotten God; that's why all this has happened.’ Since then I have spent well-nigh fifty years working on the history of our Revolution; in the process I have read hundreds of books, collected hundreds of personal testimonies, and have already contributed eight volumes of my own toward the effort of clearing away the rubble left by that upheaval...But if I were asked today to formulate as concisely as possible the main cause of the ruinous Revolution that swallowed up some sixty million of our people, I could not put it more accurately than to repeat: "Men have forgotten God; that's why all this has happened.’”

“Templeton Lecture, May 10, 1983,” in The Solzhenitsyn Reader: New and Essential Writings, 1947-2005, eds. Edward E. Ericson, Jr. and Daniel J. Mahoney (Wilmington, DE: Intercollegiate Studies Institute, 2006), 577

It's what you want to believe.

No. It’s the cycle that has existed since the beginning of man.

This conversation's going nowhere.

I should have known better.

You mean it isn’t going the way you wanted.

No. I didn't mean that.

I meant nowhere.

No. I didn't mean that.

I meant nowhere.
Most conversations with you do tend to end that way.

No. I didn't mean that.

I meant nowhere.

As far as I recall, there has never been a conversation with you.
That’s on you.

I treat every encounter as a new encounter.

No. I didn't mean that.

I meant nowhere.

That’s on you.

Looks like the same old.... To me.

Will you promise to stop drinking. This thread is odd. Are you pro or Anti Israel?
This is not about being “pro” or “anti” Israel.

You must first clarify your question.

Are you talking about the Israeli Jews occupying a large chunk of Palestine-?

Or the boundaries of this land now referred to as “Israel”-?

What do you mean by the term “anti”-?
Besides; "Israel" was a person; not a place

Just asking :)-

So you’re anti Israel. You knew what I meant and danced around it and then buttressed your idiotic post with a childish smiley face. I knew The answer but wanted to see if you would be brave enough to respond directly. You’re a coward. I am a Jew. I am Pro Israel. “Palestine” is a territory like North America. There is no and was never a state or country called Palestine. You’re welcome for the education.

No. I didn't mean that.

I meant nowhere.

That’s on you.

That’s only because you keep doing the same thing. Please tell me you weren’t expecting a different outcome.

Will you promise to stop drinking. This thread is odd. Are you pro or Anti Israel?

So you’re anti Israel. You knew what I meant and danced around it and then buttressed your idiotic post with a childish smiley face. I knew The answer but wanted to see if you would be brave enough to respond directly. You’re a coward. I am a Jew. I am Pro Israel. “Palestine” is a territory like North America. There is no and was never a state or country called Palestine. You’re welcome for the education.
Was there ever a doubt?

Was there ever a doubt?

He never said he was a dancer but he surely acts like one. If he truly is a Jew then he is a traitor.

No. I didn't mean that.

I meant nowhere.

That’s on you.

That’s only because you keep doing the same thing. Please tell me you weren’t expecting a different outcome.

I expect nothing. From you.

Pro or anti.

That statement shouldn't even exist.

Was there ever a doubt?

He never said he was a dancer but he surely acts like one. If he truly is a Jew then he is a traitor.
5th post from the top.

Why isn't there a palestinian state? Huh.....Cause of Israel? Well, here are the historical FACTS.

Most likely he is a liberal, atheist American Jew. History is littered with his type.

Pro or anti.

That statement shouldn't even exist.
Bullshit. It is what it is. How else do you label diametrically opposed positions?

Forum List

Back