As a Jew this is hard for me to explain

I’m 70 living in 2019ad. For those who didn’t know-------

“ad” means; The years “After Jesus’s death”.,.i.e. (ad)

2,019 years ago;.,.,,.,, Jesus walked the streets of Jerusalem

And He knew “Jerusalem” was not the “Promised Land”

Now over 2,000 years later I have found it.

The “Promised Land “ turns out to be-----

No,
It's not--
the Palestinian Land
now called “Israel”
But
The
“United States of America”
.,.,aka.,.,
USA
The United States​

And as an American, I consider a Jewish American to be just “an American” or a “Jewish American”.

But more importantly; I as an American; I view a Jew as a Jewish person. I view Jews who live in or born in “Israel” as Israelite’s; not a “Jew”, although they are from the same family.

there is a difference

No harm intended or implied

If I have offended, you

Please forgive me :)-

Ok?
I'm not Jewish, but I respect God's promises more than you.

I'm sure the Jews living in Germany felt the same way. They saw themselves as good Germans. But God had other plans.

It was time to fulfill a prophecy after 2520 years in exile. But the Jews of Europe were COMFORTABLE. They mocked, "Next year in Jerusalem."

Because they rejected who they were, God raised up Hitler force them to choose. Many chose wrong, and died.

No, America is NOT your "promised land." Of course you are welcome here (except by the American left), but recognize that you are disobeying God. He forced your people to choose not so long ago. I hope He allows you to abandon your identity in peace, but He knows what He is doing.

No,
It's not--
the Palestinian Land
now called “Israel”
But
The
.,.,aka.,.,
USA
The United States​

And as an American, I consider a Jewish American to be just “an American” or a “Jewish American”.

But more importantly; I as an American; I view a Jew as a Jewish person. I view Jews who live in or born in “Israel” as Israelite’s; not a “Jew”, although they are from the same family.

there is a difference

If I have offended, you

Ok?

I'm sure the Jews living in Germany felt the same way. They saw themselves as good Germans. But God had other plans.

It was time to fulfill a prophecy after 2520 years in exile. But the Jews of Europe were COMFORTABLE. They mocked, "Next year in Jerusalem."

Because they rejected who they were, God raised up Hitler force them to choose. Many chose wrong, and died.

No, America is NOT your "promised land." Of course you are welcome here (except by the American left), but recognize that you are disobeying God. He forced your people to choose not so long ago. I hope He allows you to abandon your identity in peace, but He knows what He is doing.
Sounds like crap to me. Hitler did not have God's permission to do what he did. It was a series of foul deeds for which he and his enablers were responsible. I am not allowed to hope he's in hell but.......dammit it's hard not to.

No,
It's not--
the Palestinian Land
now called “Israel”
But
The
.,.,aka.,.,
USA
The United States​

there is a difference

If I have offended, you

Ok?

Sounds like crap to me. Hitler did not have God's permission to do what he did. It was a series of foul deeds for which he and his enablers were responsible. I am not allowed to hope he's in hell but.......dammit it's hard not to.
Yep. God pushes people to fulfill prophecy. He sees the bigger picture. You dont. It was necessary to raise up Hitler because Jews were COMFORTABLE in Europe and unwilling to leave.

Actually, A.D. stands for Anno Domini (the year of the lord).

Yes but we have to use BCE/CE now as to not offend anyone
I dont have to. I have God's permission

Whose god?
Everybody's God. Your Creator

People believe in a great many dieties or divine persons.

From Al Gore to Zoroaster.

Can somebody explain why some Jews obsess over being barred from these weird little country clubs we read about in so many bios and the like? It's like their major snivel, like not being allowed to hang out with a bunch of boring drunken Episcopalians is some great tragedy in their lives. It's not like golf is a major Jewish sport or something, and having spent a couple of summers working at one these fronts for gambling and drinking I have never even thought about joining one, but apparently they loom large in the psyches of New York and LA Jewish people. I for one think they should be thankful they weren't allowed to be ripped off by the assholes.

You do know it's just a handful a really rich people getting dumbass doctors and dentists and the like to pay for their clubhouse and golf courses so they can use them for free, right? They're still going to hang out with each other and not the riff raff, but they like your dues a lot.

I'm not knocking the tips from the poker games and crap games, but, seriously, country cubs are boring; use the money to buy race cars or ski boats. they don't just bar Jews, they also bar a whole lot of demographics, so don't go around feeling 'Speshul' because of it.

Jews belong in Israel.
Jews belong in the USA.
Jews belong in Thailand (yes there is an orthodox synagogue in my Thai city).
Jews do NOT belong in Saudi Arabia.
Shall I go on?

In this amazing era for Jews the majority of Jews now live in Israel. That balance has changed where it is used to be the USA. However, it is not required for Jews to move to Israel and it never should be.

No,
It's not--
the Palestinian Land
now called “Israel”
But
The
.,.,aka.,.,
USA
The United States​

there is a difference

If I have offended, you

Ok?
A Jew, who mentions three times Jesus and never God? A Jew, who carefully avoids the notion "the Jewish people"?
I'm always suspicious when a person begins a post with "As a Jew". Being a Jew means being a part of the Jewish people. From my point of view you are not Jewish.

No,
It's not--
the Palestinian Land
now called “Israel”
But
The
.,.,aka.,.,
USA
The United States​

there is a difference

If I have offended, you

Ok?
A Jew, who mentions three times Jesus and never God? A Jew, who carefully avoids the notion "the Jewish people"?
I'm always suspicious when a person begins a post with "As a Jew". Being a Jew means being a part of the Jewish people. From my point of view you are not Jewish.

Some like being Jews, they just don't like being religious Jews, except for the racial part. It's culture as well. As far as religion goes, Christians are just as Jewish, except they don't care about genealogies and other rubbish, and this annoys some of the racist Jews no end. There is no 'typical Jew', at least outside of self-segregated enclaves in the Northeast, where the Evul Goy are constantly plotting to steal all their stuff.

No,
It's not--
the Palestinian Land
now called “Israel”
But
The
.,.,aka.,.,
USA
The United States​

there is a difference

If I have offended, you

Ok?
Some like being Jews, they just don't like being religious Jews, except for the racial part..
There is no "racial part" and it doesn't matter what a person likes or dislikes. Being a Jew means being a part of the Jewish people.
As far as religion goes, Christians are just as Jewish
Nope.

America hasn't always been a paradise for Jews.

Within my lifetime, it was still legal to not rent or sell property to Jews. Real estate ads in New York City contained the phrase 'Only Gentiles Need Apply'.

Companies could discriminate against Jews in hiring. Large firms made it policy to not hire Jews.

Hotel chains across America were openly restricted to potential guests with 'Jewish-sounding' surnames.

You couldn't join many country or social clubs if you were Jewish.

In 1930s America, this man, Charles Coughlin, had a network radio show espousing anti-semitic rhetoric to millions of listeners.

330px-Charles_Coughlin.jpg

In the 1920s, this was a nation-wide best-seller

41aUzdxfdmL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Israel is the only country on the face of this Earth where Jews are not the 'guests' of a host nation.

It's sad that there has to be at least one place where Jews can be autonomous, but history has shown, over and over again, that it is existentially necessary that Israel exist.

i may not agree with you all the time on USMB, but my father told mentioned to me about "Father" Coughlin and his antics (my father was born Catholic in January 1917) and I know about the bizarre activities of Henry Ford. I know about the Holocaust. I do not understand why so many people hound people of the Jewish faith, who are worthy as any other, and certainly are not deserving of wholesale murder. I certainly would not have murdered your grandmother. I love the YouTube series Bernette Clarke, "Strictly Kosher." We must all stick together.

Forum List

Back