Arrest Made in L.I.S.K Cold Case

candycorn

Diamond Member
Aug 25, 2009
Deep State Plant.
I've been following this story for a few years. It was (more or less) my entree into the world of true crime cable shows and podcasts and such. But like all of these cable shows anyway, they quickly moved on to a broader scope talking about dead bodies found in Atlantic City, Florida and even New Mexico.

Authorities in Suffolk County, NY (I think that was it) made an arrest in 3 of the 11 killings.

For those who don't know the story; it gets a little dodgy (as does my memory) on what happened first, second, or third. But essentially a call girl was taken via taxi cab from New York City to a house on Long Island. A few hours later, she is screaming for help, knocking on a few doors. Nobody helps her directly although the police are called. She runs off into the marsh grass that is found along Long Island Sound--the body of water between Connecticut and Long Island. Authorities begin searching for her. They find some bodies buried along the roadway. The bodies are buried in individual holes, wrapped in burlap, and arrayed with their feet toward the road and head pointed away from the road obviously. They don't immediately find the call girl until they go deep into the grass. They find her and she is only partially clothed. Inexplicably; they don't call this a murder as I recall. Well, they end up finding 11 bodies; almost all female sex workers buried out there. One of the murdered women had a cell phone. Someone has called her house and has taunted her family over the years.

Remember the bodies found wrapped in burlap and arrayed neatly? Police in Atlantic City found four--I believe--arrayed the same way behind this motel that had since been demolished. They too were sex workers.

Anyway; the LISK case is a baffling bewildering true crime mystery. I'm glad they made an arrest. Hopefully this will bring some closure to the victim's families.

This country has always been full of serial killers. I wonder why this flourishes in this country, and wonder if things have gotten better over the past 50 years, or worse. Sex worker killers are always hard to catch.

This country has always been full of serial killers. I wonder why this flourishes in this country, and wonder if things have gotten better over the past 50 years, or worse. Sex worker killers are always hard to catch.
States/jurisdictions don't share information very well or, more correctly, seek out other information. Its easier to simply ignore someone who says, "what about this similar case" in Atlantic City? Also, the dead often don't have a constituency to speak up for them. Its also why our prisons are so terrible

Forum List

Back