Army Secretary Considers Drafting Women For Service

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
561d2f371400002200c79c91.jpeg

Capt. Kristen Griest salutes during the graduation ceremony of the United States Army's Ranger School on Aug. 21, 2015, at Fort Benning, Georgia.

If the U.S. military prioritizes "true and pure equality," women might eventually have to register for the draft.

So said Army Secretary John McHugh at the Association of the United States Army’s annual meeting in Washington on Monday, reports Military.com. McHugh added that the issue -- if and when it arises -- should be determined by Congress, not the Department of Defense.

"If your objective is true and pure equality, then you have to look at all aspects and at some point Selective Service will have to be one of those things considered very carefully," said McHugh, according to The Washington Examiner.

McHugh added he expects the issue would prompt much "emotional discussion and debate."

Women are not currently required to register for the draft, although a New Jersey woman earlier this year sued the U.S. Selective Service System in an attempt to change that policy.

In 2013, then-Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta and Army Gen. Martin Dempsey, then the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, lifted the ban on women serving in combat roles.

“If members of our military can meet the qualifications for a job -- and let me be clear, we are not reducing qualifications -- then they should have the right to serve,” Panetta said at the time.

He also speculated that the move could eventually lead to the inclusion of women in the Selective Service.

Army Secretary Considers Drafting Women For Military Service

This possibility should be kept in mind when warmongers push for more American aggression in foreign countries. I believe the military draft will eventually have to be reinstated. Such a possibility should encourage everyone to pay close attention to presidential candidates on related issues.

A good start.

However we live in an era of reparations and affirmative, corrective action.

Therefore WHEN women are drafted there should be no more men drafted until the number of female draftees equals the number of men drafted in the last 100 years.

But once that corrective parity has been achieved then it'd be OK to draft men and women in numbers proportionate to their representation in the general population.

Capt. Kristen Griest salutes during the graduation ceremony of the United States Army's Ranger School on Aug. 21, 2015, at Fort Benning, Georgia.

If the U.S. military prioritizes "true and pure equality," women might eventually have to register for the draft.

So said Army Secretary John McHugh at the Association of the United States Army’s annual meeting in Washington on Monday, reports Military.com. McHugh added that the issue -- if and when it arises -- should be determined by Congress, not the Department of Defense.

"If your objective is true and pure equality, then you have to look at all aspects and at some point Selective Service will have to be one of those things considered very carefully," said McHugh, according to The Washington Examiner.

McHugh added he expects the issue would prompt much "emotional discussion and debate."

Women are not currently required to register for the draft, although a New Jersey woman earlier this year sued the U.S. Selective Service System in an attempt to change that policy.

In 2013, then-Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta and Army Gen. Martin Dempsey, then the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, lifted the ban on women serving in combat roles.

“If members of our military can meet the qualifications for a job -- and let me be clear, we are not reducing qualifications -- then they should have the right to serve,” Panetta said at the time.

He also speculated that the move could eventually lead to the inclusion of women in the Selective Service.

This possibility should be kept in mind when warmongers push for more American aggression in foreign countries. I believe the military draft will eventually have to be reinstated. Such a possibility should encourage everyone to pay close attention to presidential candidates on related issues.

Another useless huge database? A total waste of time. No woman will ever be called up.

Another useless huge database? A total waste of time. No woman will ever be called up.

Why not? They are in Israel. Women want equality - which they should have.

I hate to break this to you all at once but apparently your parents failed to do so. THIS AIN'T ISRAEL.

If the draft is reinstated - I hope it is fair and includes the "privileged" ones as well. No more pulling strings and mickey mouse deferments. That includes the Romney and Trump kids.

I hate to break this to you all at once but apparently your parents failed to do so. THIS AIN'T ISRAEL.

There are many countries that require mandatory military service.

Uhhh. We ain't one of them. Look, it's a volunteer military anyway so the whole subject is a moot point. If you wish to join up, you can certainly do so. That's what men and women are doing right now.

A good start.

However we live in an era of reparations and affirmative, corrective action.

Therefore WHEN women are drafted there should be no more men drafted until the number of female draftees equals the number of men drafted in the last 100 years.

But once that corrective parity has been achieved then it'd be OK to draft men and women in numbers proportionate to their representation in the general population.
Jesus Christ, I find myself in agreement with HenryBHough!

Are these the Last Days, or what?

If the draft is reinstated - I hope it is fair and includes the "privileged" ones as well. No more pulling strings and mickey mouse deferments. That includes the Romney and Trump kids.

Right on!

Including Chelsea and those cute little pickanninnies!

That's right - everyone! No favorites!

Who said anything about reinstating the draft? I haven't heard a thing about it even from Presidential candidates on both sides. Are you just passing gas again?

We used to joke about an all female warship. It would be painted pink, of course, but don't let that fool you. When in close quarters together, women start to menstruate at the same time.

So imagine a ship of a few hundred woman all PMSing at the same time, armed with missiles and guns and torpedos, and they are all coming for you.

You're fucked. Resistance is futile. You won't even have time to write a last email to your loved ones.

They would sink your battleship, and then get on the guns and shoot any survivors in the water.

Then they would cry because they hit some dolphins.

Uhhh. We ain't one of them. Look, it's a volunteer military anyway so the whole subject is a moot point. If you wish to join up, you can certainly do so. That's what men and women are doing right now.

It's only voluntary because we haven't needed a greater standing military since Vietnam. Are you afraid to do your duty?

The Obama girls should get drafted, amiright?

Forum List

Back