Arkansas GOP State Rep.-Elect Once Led Hate Group

Discussion in 'Race Relations/Racism' started by Bass v 2.0, Dec 2, 2010.

1. Bass v 2.0

Bass v 2.0 Biblical Warrior For God.

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +528
  2. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,165
    Former Senator Byrd once led a hate group too. It doesn't matter to me what someone once did. I want to know what they are doing now.

Maybe it's about time we start recognizing that racism isn't the unforgivable sin some people try to pretend it is. There is hope for anyone to turn around. Even you Bass.

3. Article 15

Article 15 Dr. House slayer

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,859
    According to the link he is still an active member of the group.

4. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    League of the South Board of Directors in 2005 issued a "Statement on 'Racism'" stating in part: “We believe that Christianity and social order require that all people, regardless of race, must be equal before the law. We do not believe that the law should be used to persecute, oppress, or favor any race or class. We believe that the only harmony possible between the races, as between all natural differences among human beings, begins in submitting to Jesus Christ's commandment to 'love our neighbours as ourselves.' That is the world we envision and work for."

League of the South - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The group has been labeled racist. I'd need actual evidence of racism before I agree with that label.

5. bigrebnc1775

bigrebnc1775 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,830
    According to the link
    the League of the South, a neo-Confederate group that advocates for a second Southern secession and a society dominated by “European Americans.”

The league believes the “godly” nation it wants to form should be run by an “Anglo-Celtic” elite that would establish a Christian theocratic state and politically dominate blacks and other minorities. The group is also against interracial marriage, believes antebellum slavery is God-ordained, and wants a hierarchical society made up of superiors, equals and inferiors.

Hateful Loy Mauch Elected To Arkansas Congress | News One

sounds familar
    League of the South.
    Leadership:
    Michael Hill
    Ideology: Neo-Confederate
    Groups: League of the South
    Ironically a professor for years at a historically black college, Mike Hill established the League of the South in 1994 as an institution devoted to reviving Southern heritage and pushing for secession.

Founded: 1994
    Ideology: Neo-Confederate
    The League of the South is a neo-Confederate group that advocates for a second Southern secession and a society dominated by “European Americans.” The league believes the “godly” nation it wants to form should be run by an “Anglo-Celtic” (read: white) elite that would establish a Christian theocratic state and politically dominate blacks and other minorities. Originally founded by a group that included many Southern university professors, the group lost its Ph.D.s as it became more explicitly racist. The league denounces the federal government and northern and coastal states as part of “the Empire,” a materialist and anti-religious society.

League of the South | Southern Poverty Law Center

The Truth about the Southern Poverty Law Center
    Morris Dees and the Southern Poverty Law Center have earned quite a reputation for fighting “hate”. Some groups that have been labeled by the SPLC as “hate groups” are indeed just that. However; there are just as many groups that have been labeled as “hate groups” by the SPLC that aren’t. Like the ADL, the SPLC has branched out to include many conservative and Southern heritage groups in the “hate” category. We hope that you the reader will thoroughly utilize the following links to educate yourself about the Southern Poverty Law Center.

The Truth about the Southern Poverty Law Center ACGR's "News with Attitude"

Last edited: Dec 2, 2010
  6. Flaylo

Flaylo Handsome Devil

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +451
    Byrd didn't lead a hate group stupid, stop with the lies, and even if he did it doesn't justify Repugs electing racists.

7. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    The Klan wasn't a 'hate group'? Interesting.

8. Bass v 2.0

Bass v 2.0 Biblical Warrior For God.

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +528
    When did Byrd lead the KKK as an active member and elected official? As Flayylo asked, how does what Byrd did justify what this guy is doing?

9. goldcatt

goldcatt Catch me if you can! Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,331
    League of the South isn't an active promoter of racism, at least not by anything I've seen. They're freaky enough without adding to it. I'm sure there are racists associated with it, as there are racists associated with anything promoting the return of the Confederacy. I understand that promoting the return of the Confederacy as an independent theocratic State does reek a bit of racist undertones by association, doesn't it?

What it does promote is government by fundamentalist Christian Theocracy, which is bad enough. It also usually refers to the US as an "alien occupier" that must be expelled from the lands of Southern heritage and calls for a return to the agrarian lifestyle. Among other fruitcake ideas. Yep, if this guy is an active member he's just the fella I'd want making laws. :cuckoo:

DixieNet.Org :: League of the South Core Beliefs Statement

10. goldcatt

goldcatt Catch me if you can! Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,331
    One thing I find very interesting among all the platitudes about liberty and equality is the total rejection of the basic concepts that underly freedom of speech and religion, two of the backbones of American liberty, in order to promote "order" and rule by the Gospel. Faaaasscinating.

Oh, and something else very interesting in the racism department, I may have spoken too soon. Read the last paragraph of this link...note what it says, and what it does not say. Cagey critters, those Theocratic rebels.

DixieNet.Org :: League of the South Statement on Racism