Arkansas GOP State Rep.-Elect Once Led Hate Group

Hey, I spent 6 years in the Arkie Ozarks. It's a little more complicated there than you paint it. Are there folks still fighting the Civil War? Of course. But then there are huge parts of the State that are more Midwestern or Southwestern than Deep South, and there are also areas where the education, economic and overall sophistication level are higher than a lot of places I've lived in the Northeast. Being from Arkansas is no excuse.

And I do have a problem with a Christian Reconstructionist being in a position to influence law, even if most of his colleagues will reject his proposals. Theocracy is anathema to everything the US stands for. It should never be written into law. You have a point about the people who voted this guy in, but then again look at all the people who voted for O'Donnell in the DE primaries without knowing information that was out there, and regretted it later.

I'm sure you are not alone about the concern over a uber fundie being in a position of power. Its just that the good people of Arkansas are far less concerned.

I also doubt many of the people who voted for O'donnell regretted it later. her issue was that independents and moderates who voted for castle went running away screaming like banshees from her. That would have happened even without the media mass attack on her.

You miss the point. He's perfectly welcome to BE an uber fundie. He's not welcome to try to legislate uber fundie-ism into the way people live their lives. There's a difference between Christians and Christian Reconstructionists. One is just folks doing their thing, the other is folks whose sole aim is to force everyone else to do their thing right along with them - or else.

Having a Reconstructionist who voluntarily belongs to an openly secessionist, heavily authoritarian political organization in a position to make and influence law is of concern to me, absolutely.

His is more than welcome to try, but to accomplish it he has to amend the constitution, quite a high bar to reach. If you disagree with him, it is up to you and people like you to stop him using the same system.

He was elected. His views are not illegal. The only thing the opposition can do is prevent him from implementing things you oppose using every legal manner possible. This is the system the way it was intended.

If 2/3 of the states want to require people to wear a duck on thier head, and get 2/3 of the combined legislatures to agree, then guess what? start shopping for a fashionable mallard.

Former Senator Byrd once led a hate group too. It doesn't matter to me what someone once did. I want to know what they are doing now.

Maybe it's about time we start recognizing that racism isn't the unforgivable sin some people try to pretend it is. There is hope for anyone to turn around. Even you Bass.

Byrd didn't lead a hate group stupid, stop with the lies, and even if he did it doesn't justify Repugs electing racists.

You're an idiot. do some googling and prove yourself wrong.

"It seems that voters in Arkansas have sent a someone who is a former head and current active member of a hate group to Congress"

How does byrd compare to this asshole when byrd renounced the group he was in decades ago yet this guy is a current member?

How can you people defend this asshole?

Your defense of such a POS is why you are seen as a racist entangled group.

I'm sure you are not alone about the concern over a uber fundie being in a position of power. Its just that the good people of Arkansas are far less concerned.

I also doubt many of the people who voted for O'donnell regretted it later. her issue was that independents and moderates who voted for castle went running away screaming like banshees from her. That would have happened even without the media mass attack on her.

You miss the point. He's perfectly welcome to BE an uber fundie. He's not welcome to try to legislate uber fundie-ism into the way people live their lives. There's a difference between Christians and Christian Reconstructionists. One is just folks doing their thing, the other is folks whose sole aim is to force everyone else to do their thing right along with them - or else.

Having a Reconstructionist who voluntarily belongs to an openly secessionist, heavily authoritarian political organization in a position to make and influence law is of concern to me, absolutely.

His is more than welcome to try, but to accomplish it he has to amend the constitution, quite a high bar to reach. If you disagree with him, it is up to you and people like you to stop him using the same system.

He was elected. His views are not illegal. The only thing the opposition can do is prevent him from implementing things you oppose using every legal manner possible. This is the system the way it was intended.

If 2/3 of the states want to require people to wear a duck on thier head, and get 2/3 of the combined legislatures to agree, then guess what? start shopping for a fashionable mallard.

Actually all he has to do to accomplish it, at least temporarily, is to get 50.1% of the State Legislature to agree with him, or worse, to overlook what he slips into a bill here and there. Which will probably not happen, but the fact that it's a possibility is a concern.

Then you're looking at years-long court battles and millions in taxpayer funds blown. All because the voters didn't think about or didn't know about the drawbacks of the extremist with what Reconstructionists consider a holy mission. *sigh*

If he and people who think like him get their way, forget constitutional amendment. You're looking at secession - again. Their goal isn't to change the compact but to break it. Funny how some people never learn from history. I'll bet they're hypocrite enough to spit epithets at people like the Taliban too, who were successful in doing exactly what they want to do only in the name of a different religion.

Nope, I have nothing but utter contempt. Sorry. :D

Last edited:
So when will you admit your wrong or lying about this man?

League of the South Statement on "Racism"
LS Board of Directors

The League of the South has never before issued a statement denying that it is "racist" because racism is a wax nose charge. Those who resort to this charge can never be satisfied. The more we deny it, the more we will be forced to deny it, until at last all that we will have time to do is to repel the latest charge of "racism." However, we make this one statement, to satisfy strangers of good will, that we bear no ill will or hatred to any racial, ethnic, or religious group.

We believe that Christianity and social order require that all people, regardless of race, must be equal before the law. We do not believe that the law should be used to persecute, oppress, or favour any race or class.

We believe that the only harmony possible between the races, as between all natural differences among human beings, begins in submitting to Jesus Christ's commandment to "love our neighbours as ourselves." That is the world we envision and work for.

We believe that the politics of race -- baiting whites against blacks and blacks against white has been profitable for politicians but catastrophic for the South and Southerners.

We believe that all Southerners - black and white - want and need the same things: a safe country for their families, liberty, and the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

We believe that the last thing the South's enemies want is to see black and white Southerners sitting down together to determine their common destiny and work for authentic harmony, a just social and economic order, and an independent South. We can't foretell precisely what that order will look like, but certainly it will not make room for diversity police and political correctness. Rather, we hope it will bring the greatest freedom for the greatest number of all races, and good will among them all.

The League of the South Board of Directors
21 June 2005

DixieNet.Org :: League of the South Statement on Racism

"It seems that voters in Arkansas have sent a someone who is a former head and current active member of a hate group to Congress"

How does byrd compare to this asshole when byrd renounced the group he was in decades ago yet this guy is a current member?

How can you people defend this asshole?

Your defense of such a POS is why you are seen as a racist entangled group.

So are you wrong, stoopid, lying or to fucking lazy to check the links?

It's not a hate group. Bass the racist, told you a lie and you to fucking dumb to check on his lies.

Damn you leftist of fucking dumb and lazy. You believe everyting you are told with few exceptions.

Already posted those links, TT. And while the last paragraph of that statement on racism is telling as to their real agenda, no there is not active promotion of racism there.

They're an authoritarian, theocratic secessionist group that advocates a return to the pre-Industrial South in order to "preserve" a culture that hasn't existed in more than 100 years and never did save for a small percentage of the landed elite. That's bad enough IMO. ;)

Hey, people elect goofy people.... just look at that nutter who think Guam is going to tip over.

A Senator's Shame

Bird joined the clan in 1940, get that folks.

He was 24 and raised in a racist family.

He renounced the stupidity a few years later when he got a fucking clue in life.

How old is this asshole who in 2010 is still a racist?

We have a congressional black caucus who refuses admittance to white people. How much more racist can you get?

League of the South - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

YES it is a hate group taintwallow

The League of the South is a Southern nationalist organization, headquartered in Killen, Alabama, which states that its ultimate goal is "a free and independent Southern republic."[1] The group defines the Southern United States as the states that made up the former Confederacy.[2] While political independence ranks highly among the group's goals, it is also a religious and social movement, advocating a return to a more traditionally conservative, Protestant Christian-oriented, white supremacist Southern culture. The organization is labeled a hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center.

Last edited:
Former Senator Byrd once led a hate group too. It doesn't matter to me what someone once did. I want to know what they are doing now.

Maybe it's about time we start recognizing that racism isn't the unforgivable sin some people try to pretend it is. There is hope for anyone to turn around. Even you Bass.

Byrd didn't lead a hate group stupid, stop with the lies, and even if he did it doesn't justify Repugs electing racists.

LOL, so I guess we can assume the KKK was a LOVE group.
good gawd, The Democrats ELECTED a member of the KKK and they want to cast stones at OTHERS.:lol:

Watch what happens when a white person tries to get tuition assistance from the United Negro College Fund.

lol, The SPLD is just like the NAACP.

They weren't ELECTED by the people to be the judge and jury of anyone or ANY GROUP.

they can go to hell.:lol:

Forum List

Back