Arkansas GOP State Rep.-Elect Once Led Hate Group

"It seems that voters in Arkansas have sent a someone who is a former head and current active member of a hate group to Congress"

How does byrd compare to this asshole when byrd renounced the group he was in decades ago yet this guy is a current member?

How can you people defend this asshole?

Your defense of such a POS is why you are seen as a racist entangled group.

So are you wrong, stoopid, lying or to fucking lazy to check the links?

It's not a hate group. Bass the racist, told you a lie and you to fucking dumb to check on his lies.

Damn you leftist of fucking dumb and lazy. You believe everyting you are told with few exceptions.

Dear fucking idiot racist, it is labeled a hate group

Already posted those links, TT. And while the last paragraph of that statement on racism is telling as to their real agenda, no there is not active promotion of racism there.

They're an authoritarian, theocratic secessionist group that advocates a return to the pre-Industrial South in order to "preserve" a culture that hasn't existed in more than 100 years and never did save for a small percentage of the landed elite. That's bad enough IMO. ;)

I lived in AR. This is a fairly common mentality, and common throughout the South.

I idea that "The South will rise again" is common.

They have a deep, nearly fanatical, faith.

The most independant and self reliant people I have ever met, come from the South.

It's racist like Bass and morons like TM that assume what they are told by a website is gospel b/c it supports thier fictional ideas of what southeners are like. And it pisses me off. I have seen more Klan rallies in 6 years here in PA than I heard of in 10 years in AR.

league of the south - wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

yes it is a hate group taintwallow

the league of the south is a southern nationalist organization, headquartered in killen, alabama, which states that its ultimate goal is "a free and independent southern republic."[1] the group defines the southern united states as the states that made up the former confederacy.[2] while political independence ranks highly among the group's goals, it is also a religious and social movement, advocating a return to a more traditionally conservative, protestant christian-oriented, white supremacist southern culture. the organization is labeled a hate group by the southern poverty law center.

its a hate group

"It seems that voters in Arkansas have sent a someone who is a former head and current active member of a hate group to Congress"

How does byrd compare to this asshole when byrd renounced the group he was in decades ago yet this guy is a current member?

How can you people defend this asshole?

Your defense of such a POS is why you are seen as a racist entangled group.

So are you wrong, stoopid, lying or to fucking lazy to check the links?

It's not a hate group. Bass the racist, told you a lie and you to fucking dumb to check on his lies.

Damn you leftist of fucking dumb and lazy. You believe everyting you are told with few exceptions.

Dear fucking idiot racist, it is labeled a hate group

Dear moron that believes everything she is told w/o critical thinking or any research.

It's was labeled that by that website. Not by people that did actual reseach.

Check the site, and prove yourself wrong you lying fuck.

Already posted those links, TT. And while the last paragraph of that statement on racism is telling as to their real agenda, no there is not active promotion of racism there.

They're an authoritarian, theocratic secessionist group that advocates a return to the pre-Industrial South in order to "preserve" a culture that hasn't existed in more than 100 years and never did save for a small percentage of the landed elite. That's bad enough IMO. ;)

I lived in AR. This is a fairly common mentality, and common throughout the South.

The most independant and self reliant people I have ever met, come from the South.

It's racist like Bass and morons like TM that assume what they are told by a website is gospel b/c it supports thier fictional ideas of what southeners are like. And it pisses me off. I have seen more Klan rallies in 6 years here in PA than I heard of in 10 years in AR.

No facts permeate your brick lined brain case huh?

Just pretend facts you dont like dont exsist.

You are a fucking racist to defend racism.

And you dickwads wonder why the people of color in this country dont vote for con candidates.

the league of the south is a southern nationalist organization, headquartered in killen, alabama, which states that its ultimate goal is "a free and independent southern republic."[1] the group defines the southern united states as the states that made up the former confederacy.[2] while political independence ranks highly among the group's goals, it is also a religious and social movement, advocating a return to a more traditionally conservative, protestant christian-oriented, white supremacist southern culture. the organization is labeled a hate group by the southern poverty law center.

its a hate group

Who hasn't the SPLC labelled a hate group? They've singlehandedly rendered the word racist meaningless.

A Senator's Shame

Bird joined the clan in 1940, get that folks.

He was 24 and raised in a racist family.

He renounced the stupidity a few years later when he got a fucking clue in life.

How old is this asshole who in 2010 is still a racist?

The young Klan leader went on to become one of the most powerful and enduring figures in modern Senate history. Throughout a half-century on Capitol Hill, Sen. Robert C. Byrd (D-W.Va.) has twice held the premier leadership post in the Senate, helped win ratification of the Panama Canal treaty, squeezed billions from federal coffers to aid his home state, and won praise from liberals for his opposition to the war in Iraq and his defense of minority party rights in the Senate.

Byrd's Klan past became an issue again when he joined with other southern Democrats to oppose the Civil Rights Act of 1964. Byrd filibustered the bill for more than 14 hours as he argued that it abrogated principles of federalism. He criticized most anti-poverty programs except for food stamps. And in 1967, he voted against the nomination of (liberal) Thurgood Marshall, the first black appointed to the Supreme Court and voted against (conservative) Clarence Thomas.

And you dickwads wonder why the people of color in this country dont vote for con candidates.

Fuck you you race pimping little douche. Go peddle you race card bullshit elsewhere.

And BTW.. people of color?

It seems that there is not a unified opinion of the splc;
from;
Southern Poverty Law Center officially declared "left-wing hate group"

"Though always left of center, the Alabama-based Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) once had a reputation as a fairly objective civil rights group. Founded by direct-marketing millionaire Morris Dees and partner Joseph Levin Jr. in 1971, the SPLC made important and honorable contributions to many of the historic civil rights gains of the 20th Century. According to its own materials, the SPLC was "internationally known for tracking and exposing the activities of hate groups."

Alas, "power corrupts," as it goes, and the SPLC, having amassed tremendous power and wealth over the years, has regrettably become corrupt to its core. By way of an ever-escalating wave of "us-versus-them" money-grubbing schemes, Today's SPLC has morphed into a far-left political activist outfit, famous for promoting a panoply of extreme liberal causes."

and more;

""The Ku Klux Klan, the SPLC's most lucrative nemesis, has shrunk from 4 million members in the 1920s to an estimated 2,000 today [year 2000], as many as 10 percent of whom are thought to be FBI informants. But news of a declining Klan does not make for inclining donations to Morris Dees and Co., which is why the SPLC honors nearly every nationally covered 'hate crime' with direct-mail alarums full of nightmarish invocations of 'armed Klan paramilitary forces' and 'violent neo-Nazi extremists...'"

But as the real dragons dry-up, new dragons emerge: "Tea Party" conservatives; Evangelical Christians; anti-abortion zealots and anti-gay bigots (read: pro-life and pro-family traditionalists); and, of course, gun-toting, knuckle-dragging 2nd Amendment rednecks. All bundled together — courtesy of the SPLC and Janet "the system worked" Napolitano — in that neat little pejorative package know as — Dun-Dun-Dun! — THE RIGHT-WING EXTREMIST! (You know, basically Middle America.)

So, sadly — shamefully, really — today's SPLC has become nothing more than a "non-profit" extension of the black helicopter, Huffpo-wing of the Democratic Party — a gaggle of partisan hacks bent on lining their pockets, defaming good people (along with the bad) and filling DNC coffers. (SPLC Director Mark Potok even doubles as a Huffington Post columnist. Seriously. They make it that easy.)"

Personally, I do not support racism from the left, right or the middle, nor do I support partisanship.

League of the South - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

YES it is a hate group taintwallow

The League of the South is a Southern nationalist organization, headquartered in Killen, Alabama, which states that its ultimate goal is "a free and independent Southern republic."[1] The group defines the Southern United States as the states that made up the former Confederacy.[2] While political independence ranks highly among the group's goals, it is also a religious and social movement, advocating a return to a more traditionally conservative, Protestant Christian-oriented, white supremacist Southern culture. The organization is labeled a hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center.

The Southern Poverty Law Center says so, so they must be. :cuckoo:

Don't get me started about he Klan rallies in PA. I grew up watching crosses burn in the mountains. :rolleyes:

No, I wouldn't say this group's agenda is "common" throughout AR. There are pockets, and it is certainly what you would consider Bible Belt. But Bible Belt is one thing, Christian Taliban is another. And the entire state can't be classified even as one particular regional characterization, let alone all or most of the average folks who live in it and aren't promoting anything but being able to live their lives just like everyone else. You're doing the State and its residents a grave injustice with that broad brush.

James Tolbert, president of the West Virginia chapter of the NAACP and an occasional critic of the senator, said Byrd transcended his past by gradually embracing more enlightened social views and by simply owning up to his past mistakes. "He doesn't try to lie his way out of things," Tolbert said. "If he's wrong, he'll say he's wrong."

By relentlessly serving his state's economic interests, Byrd has secured his place as West Virginia's preeminent politician. As a long-reigning chairman and ranking member of the Appropriations Committee, Byrd pumped billions of dollars worth of jobs, programs and projects into the state that did not have a single mile of divided four-lane highway when he began his political career. More than three dozen bridges, highways, schools and public buildings are named for him.

Still, says Ken Hechler, 90, a liberal Democratic former U.S. House member from West Virginia who served with Byrd in Congress, "It's impossible for anyone to try to whitewash the KKK and its overall symbolism."

"But at the same time," he added, "we honor those people who publicly admit the error of their ways."

James Tolbert, president of the West Virginia chapter of the NAACP and an occasional critic of the senator, said Byrd transcended his past by gradually embracing more enlightened social views and by simply owning up to his past mistakes. "He doesn't try to lie his way out of things," Tolbert said. "If he's wrong, he'll say he's wrong."

By relentlessly serving his state's economic interests, Byrd has secured his place as West Virginia's preeminent politician. As a long-reigning chairman and ranking member of the Appropriations Committee, Byrd pumped billions of dollars worth of jobs, programs and projects into the state that did not have a single mile of divided four-lane highway when he began his political career. More than three dozen bridges, highways, schools and public buildings are named for him.

Still, says Ken Hechler, 90, a liberal Democratic former U.S. House member from West Virginia who served with Byrd in Congress, "It's impossible for anyone to try to whitewash the KKK and its overall symbolism."

"But at the same time," he added, "we honor those people who publicly admit the error of their ways."

Byrd's actions defined him, no matter how many people come out to say good things about the man, the facts cannot be ignored.

its a hate group

That group labels most things as hate groups that have to do with the south with little to no evidence.

You miss the point. He's perfectly welcome to BE an uber fundie. He's not welcome to try to legislate uber fundie-ism into the way people live their lives. There's a difference between Christians and Christian Reconstructionists. One is just folks doing their thing, the other is folks whose sole aim is to force everyone else to do their thing right along with them - or else.

Having a Reconstructionist who voluntarily belongs to an openly secessionist, heavily authoritarian political organization in a position to make and influence law is of concern to me, absolutely.

His is more than welcome to try, but to accomplish it he has to amend the constitution, quite a high bar to reach. If you disagree with him, it is up to you and people like you to stop him using the same system.

He was elected. His views are not illegal. The only thing the opposition can do is prevent him from implementing things you oppose using every legal manner possible. This is the system the way it was intended.

If 2/3 of the states want to require people to wear a duck on thier head, and get 2/3 of the combined legislatures to agree, then guess what? start shopping for a fashionable mallard.

Actually all he has to do to accomplish it, at least temporarily, is to get 50.1% of the State Legislature to agree with him, or worse, to overlook what he slips into a bill here and there. Which will probably not happen, but the fact that it's a possibility is a concern.

Then you're looking at years-long court battles and millions in taxpayer funds blown. All because the voters didn't think about or didn't know about the drawbacks of the extremist with what Reconstructionists consider a holy mission. *sigh*

If he and people who think like him get their way, forget constitutional amendment. You're looking at secession - again. Their goal isn't to change the compact but to break it. Funny how some people never learn from history. I'll bet they're hypocrite enough to spit epithets at people like the Taliban too, who were successful in doing exactly what they want to do only in the name of a different religion.

Nope, I have nothing but utter contempt. Sorry. :D

He'd also have to get through a whole lot of courts and lawsuits. Keeping people like this from changing laws isnt automatic, you have to work to oppose it. Some people keep forgetting that, preferring that people who disagree with them politically should just shut the hell up (not you, just a generalization)

You calling me a racist is funny.

So funny that my wife and 1/2 Puerto rican kids would laugh at how funny you are.

I on the other hand know that your just another lying leftarded moron that hasn't a free thought in her tiny little head cavatiy.

I pity you

its a hate group

Who hasn't the SPLC labelled a hate group? They've singlehandedly rendered the word racist meaningless.

Yep. everyone the SPLC hates is labeled by them as a "hate group: oh the irony. :lol:

Forum List

Back