arie2l following the boys

Very true, but when they begin harassing and threatening your family, and posting your and your family's private info, the fun is over, and the taste is rancid :puke:

My advice?

Do not give out any personally traceable information on these forums. Others can not threaten with information they don't have. Data mining trolls can be particularly malevolent depending on how far they take their dirty tricks. If I ever see anyone posting private information I report it immediately and I agree, that it's no game and not funny.

Sound advice, in retrospect. However, over at PE2K, we had over 13 years of daily interaction. And, in the more innocent days of the experience, some were not so circumspect. It was (and still is to some extent) a weird little dysfunctional family. :cuckoo:
So, even in our diaspora the more unstable & malevolent members felt the need to follow & continue their bullshit. Reporting TOS violations did little good, since they'd just create another ID. That's one of the reasons I mentioned the TOS in my intro--hoping that the mods were more attendant here.

Your avatar shows you like taunting discussion. Expect others to give it back. Expect some to go farther than you do.

I just learned the rules and I report the violations.

Very true, but when they begin harassing and threatening your family, and posting your and your family's private info, the fun is over, and the taste is rancid :puke:

My advice?

Do not give out any personally traceable information on these forums. Others can not threaten with information they don't have. Data mining trolls can be particularly malevolent depending on how far they take their dirty tricks. If I ever see anyone posting private information I report it immediately and I agree, that it's no game and not funny.

Sound advice, in retrospect. However, over at PE2K, we had over 13 years of daily interaction. And, in the more innocent days of the experience, some were not so circumspect. It was (and still is to some extent) a weird little dysfunctional family. :cuckoo:
So, even in our diaspora the more unstable & malevolent members felt the need to follow & continue their bullshit. Reporting TOS violations did little good, since they'd just create another ID. That's one of the reasons I mentioned the TOS in my intro--hoping that the mods were more attendant here.
We do our best to make everyone feel "safe" here at USMB, so please feel free to contact any one of us (staff) for any questions and/or concerns you may have. In reality, you really shouldn't have any privacy issues here. Your info is very secure and we protect all our members. As UKRider pointed out, use the report function when needed and we will take care of the rest. Welcome to our family :)

Forum List

Back