Are Your Favorite Restaurants Being Shut Down? Who Is To Blame?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by james bond, Sep 11, 2018.

1. Golfing Gator

Golfing Gator Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,007
    Outback might be my least favorite of the all, they make the worst steaks. I would rather eat a stake burrito at Taco Bell than go to Outback

2. Golfing Gator

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,007
    That is way so many people think, but so not true. Spent a week at Ponte Verda beach this past August and ate like kings and never once looked at a chain!

The Reef on South Ponte Verda Beach was simply amazing, if you are ever in that area I would recommend it 100%.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Hiryuu

Hiryuu Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,048
    I'm sorry, but none of those beat coming off the rice fields, after killing ducks along the flyway in Northern Arkansas, and stopping by The Hurley House Café in Hazen for lunch.

4. koshergrl

koshergrl Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +41,096
    I've been in some really bad mom and pops.

I took the kids to Olive Garden after school shopping and they had an absolute blast and we pigged out. The food and the ambience were exactly appropriate.

There's also a little chain called Pig 'N Pancake here on the coast....it's a great family place when you're vacationing on the Oregon Coast.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Pogo

Pogo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Carolinia Agresticia; the Forest Primeval
    Ratings:
    +46,292
    I have to be paid to even set foot in Florida. Heavily.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 1
  6. Golfing Gator

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,007
    It is a nice place to vacation, especially since my daughter now lives there and her brother wants to follow her when he graduates.

7. flewism

flewism Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +308
    I could care less if all those chains failed to exist tomorrow, except maybe sub-way. Applebee's and Outback have always sucked, B'dub's food has always been mediocre, it was just a place to hangout drink, and watch a game with a crowd of friends.

We spend time on Anna Maria island now mostly, and still go to the seafood markets in the morning to get the afternoon meal, cook it at the condo inside or out.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Hiryuu

Hiryuu Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,048
    Bojangles doesn't serve fried okra, so they ought to be shot for pretending to be a southern fried chicken restaurant anyway (out of principle alone). :21:
    It's like if you go to a fried catfish restaurant claiming to be southern and they don't have pinto beans on the menu, or green tomatoes on the table, call them a liar.
    If they don't have Tabasco sauce if and when you ask for it, just get in your truck and leave.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
  9. koshergrl

koshergrl Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +41,096
  10. james bond

james bond Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +745
    I'm going by the numbers and the types of restaurants. It could be that a few went bad, but the breadth of the restaurants mean something else. It sounds generational, so I looked into why the millennials weren't eating out more. They were carrying high student loan debts and hadn't got a job after graduation for some time. Events from the Obama years. They also use Instagram more and you had to serve good looking food or it wouldn't generate excitement, reposts and word of mouth. I suppose this is true. I was looking up a steakhouse on yelp just now after seeing it rated on buzzfeed video. What bothered me was people commenting they gave it low ratings because their meat was served cold. That would be a turnoff for a high priced steak. These were probably older diners like me. I had to look at the photos; You take your chances with a mixed review. The millenials are eating more healthy, so steakhouses aren't their type of restaurant. I can understand that. We're talking about iHop, Denny's and other eateries that are found practically everywhere and have served one generation to another.

I meant the trend of restaurants being closed due to millennials avoiding them is strictly based in the US. C'mon, if you've traveled to Europe, Asia, Canada, Russia, Australia, etc., then you found popular chains. I even looked up Mexico and they have popular chains.

Where do I get the research for millennials? I don't see them going to a fern bar, but they may eat fern if it's on the menu ha ha.

• Funny Funny x 1
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2018