Are You Willing To Share?

Are we talking money or time or knowledge or a cup of flour here?

I'm still trying to figure out who didn't return my drill guide...

Honestly, I'm not sure what I'm asking. It just seems that there are folks out there who would have a really hard time living with some of their neighbors if they truly knew them. Hell, the only reason some of the folks I'm related to still consider me family is a default 'don't ask / don't tell' understanding about some things.

I'm curious... are Americans willing to share their America with people they don't like?

Can you live and let live when it comes to things like worship of weird Gods, married homosexuals and nudists? :dunno:

I never had the assumption that i have exclusive control over America. At this point id be happy with one piece of land to call my own.

But could you ever be happy knowing that your tax dollars helped build a road you have to share with :eusa_shifty: liberals?

Are you willing to share America?

How about with people you don't like? Are you willing to share your America with neighbors who smoke things you don't approve of, fuck in 'unnatural' ways and worship in ways you don't understand?

What if 'sharing' means living in peace next to folks who're doing things you don't approve of?
Of course. Right up until the point that you start to cost Me things. Then you are abusing My tolerance.

What does that mean? Sharing without cost is soliciting.

If you thought taxes were being collected fairly and spent wisely, would you be willing to share part of your productivity with the community at large?

Now the hard part... If you thought taxes were unfairly collected and spending fraught with corruption, would you still be willing to share a little of your hard earned so that children of all colors and preferences of Deity could be educated?

BIG GOVERNMENT -

the bigger the gov't the greater the sharing ...

I think you're missing the point. Joe isn't talking about redistributing wealth. He's talking about sharing freedom and the right to live in our country. Sort of the opposite of big government.

I'm talking about the base reasons for government. Sharing the cost of the infrastructure and security which makes it possible for 'America' to exist.

Sharing isn't an issue. It's inadequate sharing. It's giving the homeless guy a hamburger from your bbq while you chow down on steak.

So what is compassionate sharing? Giving the homeless guy a steak so that he is more comfortable in poverty? Or helping the homeless guy qualify for a job so that he can share in earned prosperity and buy his own burger?

If fair and simple taxes, public budgets that are balanced by law and transparency in all things politics is the economic vehicle that our kids can drive to the stars, education is the key that starts it.

Help a homeless guy qualify for a job... find something productive for each and every one of momma's little bastards to do... education rocks!

I never had the assumption that i have exclusive control over America. At this point id be happy with one piece of land to call my own.

But could you ever be happy knowing that your tax dollars helped build a road you have to share with :eusa_shifty: liberals?

im not sure anyone can be happy when taxes are involved. but no i dont have a problem with liberals using roads.

I will point out that there are some things I wont share.

1) Nobody better lay a finger on my butterfinger.
2) Nobody better lay a finger on my wife. She's mine.
3) Nobody better lay a finger on my daughter.

That is all.

Honestly, I'm not sure what I'm asking. It just seems that there are folks out there who would have a really hard time living with some of their neighbors if they truly knew them. Hell, the only reason some of the folks I'm related to still consider me family is a default 'don't ask / don't tell' understanding about some things.

I'm curious... are Americans willing to share their America with people they don't like?

Can you live and let live when it comes to things like worship of weird Gods, married homosexuals and nudists? :dunno:

They shouldn't have to. That's not sharing, it's tribalism. Destroying cohesion isn't sharing. It's destroying cohesion. Are you willing to live in a neighborhood of nudists who speak another language and believe that sex with ten year olds is acceptable. Would you move to live among people who were more like yourself and spoke the same language you did? This is how civil wars start and how Czechoslovokia got carved up into Kosovo and Bosnia.

I will point out that there are some things I wont share.

1) Nobody better lay a finger on my butterfinger.
2) Nobody better lay a finger on my wife. She's mine.
3) Nobody better lay a finger on my daughter.

That is all.

You are a selfish person who doesn't share.:lol:

Well heck Joe -- after that AND re-reading what you ACTUALLY axed -- that's a different story. It's not about STUFF -- it's about TOLERANCE. Because if it's America that we're sharing -- there's no implied transfer of material goods. Only a willingness to extend our CLAIM of liberty and freedom to others..

That's just part of the DEAL to recieve freedom, liberty and opportunity.. It CAN'T be restricted without decreasing it. HOWEVER -- BIG BUTT COMING...

That doesn't mean I have to CONDONE or LIKE certain choices and cultures that I share my country with.. I'm pro-choice on EVERYTHING -- but I abhor drug use, don't LIKE Sharia Law, think that immigration laws SHOULD be enforced, and that most eco-nuts are moronic frauds.

But strangely, I'm against the War on Drugs, FOR an open Moslem practice, for a very LIBERAL immigration policy and I consider myself an environmentalist.. And I sleep well without ANY inconsistency in those views..

Watch out for those BIG MultiCultural celebrators, some of them are the biggest hypocrits and bigots that I know..

It's good to share, and build on it. Be it Heart, Circumstance, still, it is better when it is on ones own terms, from the heart.

When I give to my church or to the Salvation Army or to St. Jude's Hospital, I am sharing my prosperity for the benefit of others. I may or may not ever personally benefit from any of that, but I am happy to do it.

When I vote for bonds to support the local schools and pay my school taxes, or for roads and bridges, or upgrades to sewer and water systems, I am sharing the responsibility for an aesthetically and practical beneficial benefit of all including myself. This I am happy to do.

If government confiscates what I earn to use to buy influence, power, and/or votes, I do not consider that sharing. I consider that theft.

They shouldn't have to. That's not sharing, it's tribalism. Destroying cohesion isn't sharing. It's destroying cohesion. Are you willing to live in a neighborhood of nudists who speak another language and believe that sex with ten year olds is acceptable. Would you move to live among people who were more like yourself and spoke the same language you did? This is how civil wars start and how Czechoslovokia got carved up into Kosovo and Bosnia.

Kind of my point, eh? If someone is unwilling to live next to someone who is 'different', they are by definition 'intolerant'. I find intolerant people with money to be assholes and I find intolerant people without money to be miserable, at least here in America.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OdJImQ5mRU]Xavier Rudd - Let Me Be music video - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back