Are You Willing To Share?

Are you willing to share America?

How about with people you don't like? Are you willing to share your America with neighbors who smoke things you don't approve of, fuck in 'unnatural' ways and worship in ways you don't understand?

What if 'sharing' means living in peace next to folks who're doing things you don't approve of?
Of course. Right up until the point that you start to cost Me things. Then you are abusing My tolerance.

BIG GOVERNMENT -

the bigger the gov't the greater the sharing ...

The bigger the government, the greater the poverty, and loss of liberty, freedom and independence. Are we not having enough of our paychecks going to those almost 50% who contribute nothing in federal income taxes? Enough is enough.

I get so tired of hearing that. What you would like to see is for everyone to pay the exact same percentage of federal taxes, right? Then the highest income earners would, by far, pay the lowest percentage of taxes, and the lowest income earners would pay the highest, just as it is at the state level.

At the state level, the lowest income earners pay two to four times the amount percentage wise more than the highest income earners. At the federal level, the lowest income earners still pay excise taxes, and payroll taxes, even if they pay zero federal taxes. Payroll taxes equal 15.3% of income. The employer pays half, but it is still a tax on the employee. Between federal payroll taxes, federal excise taxes, property taxes, state income taxes, and sales taxes, low income earners pay about 25% in taxes. The wealthiest of the wealthy don't pay anywhere near that. Mitt Romney paid around 14% last year, plus less than 3% in payroll taxes, if that, and at the state level and property taxes, it was likely under 8%. In the end, he paid no more than the lowest income earners although the taxes went to different places. The big difference though is that the lowest income earner has a much harder time paying his/her taxes on a much lower income. Someone making a lot of money isn't going to have much trouble paying their taxes. Anyway, increase the low income workers taxes to even 10% and they would be paying way more than the top income earners. That is the America you want, one where the poor pay the most and the wealthy live off the backs of the poor. It's hilarious when you think about it.

How about with people you don't like? Are you willing to share your America with neighbors who smoke things you don't approve of, fuck in 'unnatural' ways and worship in ways you don't understand?

What if 'sharing' means living in peace next to folks who're doing things you don't approve of?

What if it means letting businesses whose owners say things you disapprove of, or who don't share your values, into the city?

BIG GOVERNMENT -

I think you're missing the point. Joe isn't talking about redistributing wealth. He's talking about sharing freedom and the right to live in our country. Sort of the opposite of big government.

Considering the arguing, spin and lack of ethics demonstrated in much of American Industry and Politics, I'd say that it's pretty obvious that sharing, and the compromise that sharing spawns, are sorely lacking among many Americans. That's why so many seem so angry.

That would be becasue forced sharing is never a formula for success.

Some of us already feel we are sharing enough... others want us to share more.

What she said... :clap2:

I'm ok with it.

Living in peace next door to people doing things I don't approve of is too broad a definition of sharing. If the people next door are beating each other up, trashing their property, running a meth lab, or otherwise disturbing my peace, I won't be feeling too charitable and will be more inclined to do whatever I must to stop it.

If the folks next door are doing whatever, all parties are consenting, I am not required to contribute or participate in any way, I am okay with that.

The problem comes when my 'sharing' is not voluntary and requires me to participate or contribute in some way. I may or may not be okay with that.

We already do. It's the "willing to" part that has the busy body holier-than-thous all bent out of shape.

One of the greatest Charities in America is being pissed on... While that's going on a group of people with an agenda want to tell us what to do how to do it and that we have to do it. Bullshit.. We'll piss on them in November!

Sharing isn't an issue. It's inadequate sharing. It's giving the homeless guy a hamburger from your bbq while you chow down on steak.

Sharing isn't an issue. It's inadequate sharing. It's giving the homeless guy a hamburger from your bbq while you chow down on steak.

So what is compassionate sharing? Giving the homeless guy a steak so that he is more comfortable in poverty? Or helping the homeless guy qualify for a job so that he can share in earned prosperity and buy his own burger?

How is it that this is a problem for you? Have you even consulted the homeless guy? Charity is for those most directly involved to decide, what is given and what is not. It's a matter of conscience for each of us. Why the Judgement?

So what is compassionate sharing? Giving the homeless guy a steak so that he is more comfortable in poverty? Or helping the homeless guy qualify for a job so that he can share in earned prosperity and buy his own burger?

Helping the homeless guy qualify for a job isn't charity. It's selfishness. It's greed. If you look at it from the viewpoint of the left, you would be training the homeless guy to be a wage slave so that some greedy company can make a profit off his labor. He ends up being able to afford that burger but is entitled to the same steak you have.

I agree with community sharing the way it is practiced in primitive tribes. The hunting party of young men goes out to bag a buck or a bear. The young women dress and pack the meat. The entire village shares, the sick, weak, old or infirm are fed. The children are fed. When young men and women refuse to participate in the hunt, they don't get a share, they get banished from the village.

How is it that this is a problem for you? Have you even consulted the homeless guy? Charity is for those most directly involved to decide, what is given and what is not. It's a matter of conscience for each of us. Why the Judgement?

No I would not ask the beneficiary of my charity what he prefers. That's why it's charity. If he wants to be involved in the decision, he has to bring something to the table.

As long as what someone else is doing doesn't affect ME or MINE. Yes, this country is plenty big enough and great enough to share, even with people I disagree with.

BIG GOVERNMENT -

The bigger the government, the greater the poverty, and loss of liberty, freedom and independence. Are we not having enough of our paychecks going to those almost 50% who contribute nothing in federal income taxes? Enough is enough.

Pending demands are keeping small business from making moves, The re Repatriation tax is at 35%.. None of our Companies will come back.. too many moochers don't want a job and keep voting in our future communist politicians.
We'll fight them off in November.. Then work on destroying there agenda forever.
We'll get those people thinking clearly and working again so they too can be proud Americans.

Helping the homeless guy qualify for a job isn't charity. It's selfishness. It's greed. If you look at it from the viewpoint of the left, you would be training the homeless guy to be a wage slave so that some greedy company can make a profit off his labor. He ends up being able to afford that burger but is entitled to the same steak you have.

I agree with community sharing the way it is practiced in primitive tribes. The hunting party of young men goes out to bag a buck or a bear. The young women dress and pack the meat. The entire village shares, the sick, weak, old or infirm are fed. The children are fed. When young men and women refuse to participate in the hunt, they don't get a share, they get banished from the village.

You might be speaking more truth than you know because I see compassion as making prosperity look much more attractive than powerty. And when somebody decides poverty sucks and therefore is inspired to do what he needs to do to escape it, I see that as a win win. Good for him. Good for me however selfish that might look.

But prosperity for all willing to reach for it is far more likely to be the norm when we each are looking to our own interests and thereby, however unintentional it might be, help all to prosper.

I do not see it as compassion when we seem to provide all sorts of incentives for people to remain in poverty and resist any incentives for them to escape it.

Last edited:
Considering the arguing, spin and lack of ethics demonstrated in much of American Industry and Politics, I'd say that it's pretty obvious that sharing, and the compromise that sharing spawns, are sorely lacking among many Americans. That's why so many seem so angry.

I think the sharing happens all the time at the micro level. It's at the macro level that things get super twisted and nasty.

Last edited:

Thats called the American Dream.

Forum List

Back