Are You Willing To Share?

AVG-JOE

American Mutt
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 23, 2008
Your Imagination
Are you willing to share America?

How about with people you don't like? Are you willing to share your America with neighbors who smoke things you don't approve of, fuck in 'unnatural' ways and worship in ways you don't understand?

What if 'sharing' means living in peace next to folks who're doing things you don't approve of?

Considering the arguing, spin and lack of ethics demonstrated in much of American Industry and Politics, I'd say that it's pretty obvious that sharing, and the compromise that sharing spawns, are sorely lacking among many Americans. That's why so many seem so angry.

How about with people you don't like? Are you willing to share your America with neighbors who smoke things you don't approve of, fuck in 'unnatural' ways and worship in ways you don't understand?

What if 'sharing' means living in peace next to folks who're doing things you don't approve of?

Of course, I do it every day. One neighbor is even a Tea Bagger and I have not shot him yet.

If I'm extended the same courtesy, absolutely. That's what real tolerance and diversity is all about. Sadly, I don't see much of this ethos represented in politics today. Even those who give it lip service seem more eager than ever to force their will on others via government.

Considering the arguing, spin and lack of ethics demonstrated in much of American Industry and Politics, I'd say that it's pretty obvious that sharing, and the compromise that sharing spawns, are sorely lacking among many Americans. That's why so many seem so angry.
I guess that's the nice thing about the Constitution.

Too bad folks are angry, or seem angry.

For a country that has 300 million people without large or even small groups at each others' throats, yeah it's pretty obvious to me that we share.

This may not be utopia, but for 300 million people, it's far better than anywhere else. And, as more folks want in than out, it's looks better to them, too.

Oh, no doubt - a LOT of Americans know how to share, the most ready evidence following disaster. And some are even willing to share their America with people that they don't like, but there is a loud and angry group of Americans who seem unwilling to give a little back, the most ready evidence the protection of the status quo tax code.

Oh, no doubt - a LOT of Americans know how to share, the most ready evidence following disaster. And some are even willing to share their America with people that they don't like, but there is a loud and angry group of Americans who seem unwilling to give a little back, the most ready evidence the protection of the status quo tax code.
No offense, Joe, but here is reality: We are a diverse crowd, we 300 million Americans.

The fact that we are not at each others throats demonstrates that our system works better than pretty much anything out there.

You will not get utopia....ever....it's the nasty old bell curve that always does us in.

You can TRY to "enforce the nice", but that doesn't fit with our Constitution.

No offense, but some need to accept that the world will never be perfect, nor will the population of man.

I was under the impression that we already were sharing.

I'm pretty sure I already am.

That would be becasue forced sharing is never a formula for success.

Some of us already feel we are sharing enough... others want us to share more.

If you are writing about people on the board, I am sure you are aware that it is pretty easy to act like an ass to your fellow Americans when you are hiding behind a computer screen but a completely different thing when it comes to your neighbors.

I am sure that are plenty here that think I'm an ass... then again, I suspect some of my neighbors do too especially when my lawn hasn't been mowed. :eusa_whistle:

Immie

:confused: What do you mean, what if...? Let's share reality, bub...

BIG GOVERNMENT -

the bigger the gov't the greater the sharing ...

The bigger the government, the greater the poverty, and loss of liberty, freedom and independence. Are we not having enough of our paychecks going to those almost 50% who contribute nothing in federal income taxes? Enough is enough.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
BIG GOVERNMENT -

the bigger the gov't the greater the sharing ...

The bigger the government, the greater the poverty, and loss of liberty, freedom and independence. Are we not having enough of our paychecks going to those almost 50% who contribute nothing in federal income taxes? Enough is enough.

we have all herd it before ^

gov't is family ... share our resources.

I never had the assumption that i have exclusive control over America. At this point id be happy with one piece of land to call my own.

Forum List

Back