Are You Ready For Some Football?

Giants 24 Dallas 20

Romo throws 4 Qtr INT and Eli drives for winning score with less than two minutes

I'm more of a college football guy especially since the Browns suck and were literally unwatchable last year, but I'm always pumped for the NFL to start.

The first week of the NFL is the toughest to handicap. Even pro linemakers mis-handicap the first week, but most of 'em are sharp for the rest of the season.

BTW, Eagles beat Cleveland in our opener Sunday, 50-3........

Finally! Football!

Exactly!

Now ... what to eat during game time ...

In my place, each sport has its proper viewing food.

A) Football: Wings

B) Baseball: Hot dogs (sausage substitute allowable)

C) Sumo: Pizza (the cheap, rectangular frozen kind)

I mashed an avocado and added a little of mr. masquerade's homemade smokey salsa and lime juice to make some delicious guacamole. That's what I'll be munching on. Mmmmmm.

Enjoy the game!

For the most part, I think Queen Latifah did a great job singing the National Anthem. The end was a bit much, but I thought she did great.

What I do find a tad shocking is the fact that the Cowboys beat the Giants.

For the most part, I think Queen Latifah did a great job singing the National Anthem. The end was a bit much, but I thought she did great.

Cowboys were rusty at first. Way too many false start penalties. But they warmed up and deserved the win. For all the pressure on them, the refs did an acceptable job

Cowboys were rusty at first. Way too many false start penalties. But they warmed up and deserved the win. For all the pressure on them, the refs did an acceptable job

Agreed ... they did deserve the win. Can't say I'm upset at the bitch-slapping they gave the Giants on opening night. :lol: Bastard Giants. I hate 'em!

I wouldn't call that game a 'bitch-slap'. Even tho' I detest admitting it, Cowgirls seem much improved and G-Men slow out of the gate.
The essential question remains, can Romo continue to play beyond expectations (as in turning broken plays into TD's!)?
It's a lo-on-n-g season, and I doubt it.

Agreed ... they did deserve the win. Can't say I'm upset at the bitch-slapping they gave the Giants on opening night. :lol: Bastard Giants. I hate 'em!

Why do you hate the Giants so much???
They do more with less many a season, and this is coming from an Eagles fan.
Now the Cowgirls, thatz a team worth hating..........:badgrin:

Forum List

Back