Are you part of the Climate cult?

Then do what I and other serious Christians do, head for the cheap seats and snipe at them from there. :biggrin:
That may be good advice for Americans. Maybe not Canadians.

But it at least serves to make a point with our ding.

I'm trying to prove how ridiculous your characterization is. What is the incidence rate of Americans murdering other Americans?
That requires digging deeper into the published statistics in order to expose the hidden. I'm not going to do that for you.

I find we're able to connect better on other topics you favour.

That may be good advice for Americans. Maybe not Canadians.

But it at least serves to make a point with our ding.
Says the guy who believes it's a well established fact that Americans are murdering each other with their guns when the data shows 99,997 Americans per 100,000 Americans are in fact NOT murdering other Americans with their guns or any other weapon for that matter.

That requires digging deeper into the published statistics in order to expose the hidden. I'm not going to do that for you.

I find we're able to connect better on other topics you favour.
It's less than 3 per 100,000 people, dummy. FBI Crime Statistics in America.

Clarification is in adding up all the incidents but then adding in all the incidents of murders that America justifies as legitimate too.

Elaborating with specifics can be your job or anybody's who is willing to look inward for answers.
I've done it already. Back in the late eighties or early nineties, a time of high violent crime, one of the news magazines published the weekly gun death toll across the country, accompanied by details of each event. The article was intended to bring attention to the gun problems and promote legislative actions to address it. Two editorials accompanied the article, one addressed gun deaths other than suicides, the other addressed suicides.

To make a long story short, I examined each of the approximately 575 events to get a sense of what could or should be done to reduce these deadly shootings. Here's what I determined based on the actual facts surrounding the incidents.

Suicides: Nothing can be done.
Criminals shooting criminals: Nothing.
Police actions: Nothing.
Family members killing other family members: Nothing
Killing of other acquaintances: Nothing.
Accidental killings: Nothing.
Murder as a 'crime of passion': Nothing.

What is curious is that I searched the archives of all three news magazines and cannot find that article. It has disappeared without a trace.

Let's assume all murders are done for political purposes.
Basically, that's what I'm suggesting and it only requires that racism be directly connected to politics. As is the 'political divide' directly connected to the American south.

note: I may miss some of your comments now that you're posting as fast as you can. let me know)

Basically, that's what I'm suggesting and it only requires that racism be directly connected to politics. As is the 'political divide' directly connected to the American south.

note: I may miss some of your comments now that you're posting as fast as you can. let me know)
And the point I am making is that you are exaggerating everything.

It's less than 3 per 100,000 people, dummy. FBI Crime Statistics in America.
That's the point! 3 is acknowledged while those that are considered justifiable homicides are ignored. How many of the latter last night in Chicago or Kansas city?

Suicides: Nothing can be done.
Criminals shooting criminals: Nothing.
Police actions: Nothing.
Family members killing other family members: Nothing
Killing of other acquaintances: Nothing.
Accidental killings: Nothing.
Murder as a 'crime of passion': Nothing.

What is curious is that I searched the archives of all three news magazines and cannot find that article. It has disappeared without a trace.
Exactly to my point!!

An attitude of accepting that nothing can be done, right down the board from top to bottom!

I've never had my point made so completely by any other debating opponent!

That's the point! 3 is acknowledged while those that are considered justifiable homicides are ignored. How many of the latter last night in Chicago or Kansas city?
Go ahead and triple it, quadruple it, multiply it by 10, multiply it by 100. Here, I'll do it for you.

99,991 out 100,000 Americans didn't kill an American
99,988 out 100,000 Americans didn't kill an American
99,970 out 100,000 Americans didn't kill an American
99,700 out 100,000 Americans didn't kill an American

My time doesn't allow 'you' exclusively. Woodnutz just blew the whole discussion out of the water!
Says the guy who believes it's a well established fact that Americans are murdering each other with their guns when the data shows 99,997 Americans per 100,000 Americans are in fact NOT murdering other Americans with their guns or any other weapon for that matter.

Go ahead and triple it, quadruple it, multiply it by 10, multiply it by 100. Here, I'll do it for you.

99,991 out 100,000 Americans didn't kill an American
How many out of 330,000,000 did?

9 x 10 x 330 did.

Last night? your stats!

Exactly to my point!!

An attitude of accepting that nothing can be done, right down the board from top to bottom!

I've never had my point made so completely by any other debating opponent!
The individual can make certain that none of these things happen to them. That's the best we can do right now.

As a caveat to my realistic pessimism, this,

"America will always do the right thing, but only after all other options have been exhausted."

We are far from exhausting our other options.

How many out of 330,000,000 did?

9 x 10 x 330 did.

Last night? your stats!
It's like you are unable to articulate a coherent response. What are you trying to say here? Speak English. Not Canadian.

How many out of 330,000,000 didn't? Try defining the rule by the rule and not by the exception.

The individual can make certain that none of these things happen to them. That's the best we can do right now.

As a caveat to my realistic pessimism, this,

"America will always do the right thing, but only after all other options have been exhausted."

We are far from exhausting our other options.
The discussion could have stayed constructive and on track but ding isn't inclined to allow that and so it's become a part of his irrational world.

Your attempt to put it back on the tracks is appreciated. Just be careful that the cure doesn't become far worse than the malady! (civil war)

It's like you are unable to articulate a coherent response. What are you trying to say here? Speak English. Not Canadian.

How many out of 330,000,000 didn't? Try defining the rule by the rule and not by the exception.
Try harder to do the simple arithmatic.

Forum List

Back