Are you part of the Climate cult?

The discussion could have stayed constructive and on track but ding isn't inclined to allow that and so it's become a part of his irrational world.

Your attempt to put it back on the tracks is appreciated. Just be careful that the cure doesn't become far worse than the malady! (civil war)
My only point is to show how you exaggerate things like all good little social justice warriors do. You over dramatize and over sensationalize almost everything because reality isn't enough to convince others to join your causes.

The discussion could have stayed constructive and on track but ding isn't inclined to allow that and so it's become a part of his irrational world.

Your attempt to put it back on the tracks is appreciated. Just be careful that the cure doesn't become far worse than the malady! (civil war)
My main point is that expecting humans to solve the problems that they've created is just wishful thinking, especially after they've politicized, monetized, and incorporated those 'problems' into the culture.

My main point is that expecting humans to solve the problems that they've created is just wishful thinking, especially after they've politicized, monetized, and incorporated those 'problems' into the culture.
I get your point, but problems 'do' get solved sometimes. Could you be suggesting some method other than depending on the people who created the problems.

I would certainly buy into something that suggested that government malfunctioning congressmen created the problems and then the constituents solved them..

But to your main point, MTG likely creates problems and there's no way she will ever fix one of them.
She's become a culture of 'fk you' in politics and that gives her a free ride. The people of the country pay big for her.

I get your point, but problems 'do' get solved sometimes. Could you be suggesting some method other than depending on the people who created the problems.

I would certainly buy into something that suggested that government malfunctioning congressmen created the problems and then the constituents solved them..

But to your main point, MTG likely creates problems and there's no way she will ever fix one of them.
She's become a culture of 'fk you' in politics and that gives her a free ride. The people of the country pay big for her.
Most problems have obvious solutions, but they become comfortable, self-directing ruts for the people, and anathema to the reelection hopes of leadership. The common denominator for solving problems is sacrifice, which most are unable or unwilling to do. We have reached the point of no return for many of our problems. All we can do now is deal with the consequences of our inaction (the 'nine' stitches).

Most problems have obvious solutions, but they become comfortable, self-directing ruts for the people, and anathema to the reelection hopes of leadership. The common denominator for solving problems is sacrifice, which most are unable or unwilling to do. We have reached the point of no return for many of our problems. All we can do now is deal with the consequences of our inaction (the 'nine' stitches).
Well, I think that all problems are solvable. But that could be 'qualified' on whether or not it's a solution.

Even America's Civil War could be called a solution.
Even nuclear war could be considered a solution to the Russia problem.

So you're right about the solution being too great a sacrifice.

But then don't we hear every day on this board, a certain extremist faction that advocates 'kill em all' as being a solution.

As time and politics go by, the non-solutions start to become rational and good solutions.

I think we both know that Texas secession is near an impossibility, but that doesn't mean some extremists won't try it.
(such a reaction when folks learned how the UN prevents secession)

Does that address your point?

Well, I think that all problems are solvable. But that could be 'qualified' on whether or not it's a solution.

But then don't we hear every day on this board, a certain extremist faction that advocates 'kill em all' as being a solution.

As time and politics go by, the non-solutions start to become rational and good solutions.

I think we both know that Texas secession is near an impossibility, but that doesn't mean some extremists won't try it.

Do you know what a paragraph is?

This is a textbook example of an external locus of control.
Do you want further discussion with me? Say something that is worthy of my time, or play it safe by joining one of the discussion in which I take part.

Do you want further discussion with me? Say something that is worthy of my time, or play it safe by joining one of the discussion in which I take part.
I comment on what I want when I want. I assume you do the same.

Once you get to the nuclear or other extreme 'solutions' you are dealing with the aforementioned consequences of not solving problems when they are small and manageable.

Once you get to the nuclear or other extreme 'solutions' you are dealing with the aforementioned consequences of not solving problems when they are small and manageable.
No doubt! It's been a small pleasure talking with you. I think something bigger could come out of it

I was there when the fires took place. I was not at Maui but was at Kauai. Frankly it caused me to look again at the grasses growing at Kauai and how they claim they keep mowing them down.
Fortunately for me and my family at Kauai we did not have such fires happening there at the time.

Do you believe that the burning vegetation melted the tires of cars on pavement?

I laugh at most of what I see on tv. I wonder why someone hasn't sued Oral B for their absurd toothbrush ads.

The Maui fire was a freak wind driven firestorm.

So you believe that the "wildfire" melted the tires of cars on pavement??

That's 1100F....

What are you saying?

Simple truth that the wildfires maybe got to 400F near those strips of pavement where the tires fully melted.

Not even close.

Something else heated that pavement to do that. This is as obvious as the river of 2200F molten steel pouring out of South Tower, never mind jet fuel burns at 600F in open air...

Simple truth that the wildfires maybe got to 400F near those strips of pavement where the tires fully melted.

Not even close.

Something else heated that pavement to do that. This is as obvious as the river of 2200F molten steel pouring out of South Tower, never mind jet fuel burns at 600F in open air...
My oven can reach temperatures of 500 degrees.

Not even close.

Jet fuel ignites at around 300 degrees. When fully burning in open air it can reach nearly 2000 degrees. Add more oxygen (draft, wind) and it burns even hotter.

Forum List

Back