Are you happy to know you will die?

Death or the fact that we die seems to be good news to Christians.

It is said that Adam’s sin brought death to earth and that the wages of sin is death.

Christians also sing that Adam's sin was a happy fault and necessary to god's plan.

This indicates that part of god’s plan and desire is that all people should die. God’s plan cannot be derailed., if god is real.

Do you think god’s plan working? If it is working as god wishes, which must be so if there is a powerful god, and if death is good for us, does the thought of dying make you happy?

If the notion of death makes you unhappy, then why sing of sin, --- and by inference, death, --- as being a happy fault and necessary to god’s plan?

Another issue on the death, specifically the death of Jesus springs to mind.

If Jesus was not a sinner, how could he have died?

Regards
DL
We all die....so?

It is said that Adam’s sin brought death to earth and that the wages of sin is death.

Christians also sing that Adam's sin was a happy fault and necessary to god's plan.

This indicates that part of god’s plan and desire is that all people should die. God’s plan cannot be derailed., if god is real.

Do you think god’s plan working? If it is working as god wishes, which must be so if there is a powerful god, and if death is good for us, does the thought of dying make you happy?

If the notion of death makes you unhappy, then why sing of sin, --- and by inference, death, --- as being a happy fault and necessary to god’s plan?

Regards
DL
Why does it bother you? Are you a Christian or just someone who wants to trash the religion?

I am not at all bothered by the thought of death.

I am a Gnostic Christian, and as some say, the only good Christians, but yes, I would love to trash Christianity and their adoration of a genocidal son murdering prick of a god.

Given the harm Christianity brings to us via their homophobia and misogyny, if you do not feel the same, then you are not following the Golden Rule and are not fighting evil.

Why not?

Regards
DL

Regards
DL
No I'm not happy BUT I will be when it's Trumps turn

I would prefer years in jail first.

Regards
DL

Read the Bible to try to understand it in its cultural and historical context.

Of course to the Hebrew writers, death was a biological phenomenon, but it was also spiritual. In fact, life in the Spirit seemed more meaningful to the ancients than life in the flesh did. Fellowship with God was their raison d'être, their purpose for life in the flesh. “It is the Spirit who gives life,” Jesus said. “The flesh is no help at all.” (Jn 6:63).

Death was condemnation, or separation from God. The Hebrews considered idolatry their great sin. It separated them from the living God. Idolatry was death, as the Scriptures allude to frequently. Paul tells us, for example, that before the Cross his Jewish contemporaries were dead in their trespasses and sins (Eph 2:1). While death in the minds of the Israelites was condemnation, belief led to life. “The soul who sins shall die.” (Ez 18:20) This is precisely what Paul says to the Roman Christians, that “as one trespass led to condemnation for all men, so one act of righteousness leads to justification and life for all men.” (5:18) Christ’s obedience restored life to humankind. Paul says further that sin (through the law) killed him (7:11). Sin is spiritual death. Obviously, Paul was not physically dead when he wrote this; dead people don’t write correspondences. In his Gospel, the Apostle John says the same thing about life and death:

But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name. (Jn 20:31)​

The people whom John is addressing are already alive physically; dead people don’t read manuscripts. They’re just not alive spiritually.

It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh is no help at all

What can I say to such garbage. I Know.

I hope you can see how intelligent the ancients were as compared to the mental trash that modern preachers and theists are using with the literal reading of myths.

What is God?

Further.
Bill Moyers Journal . Watch & Listen | PBS

Rabbi Hillel, the older contemporary of Jesus, said that when asked to sum up the whole of Jewish teaching, while he stood on one leg, said, "The Golden Rule. That which is hateful to you, do not do to your neighbor. That is the Torah. And everything else is only commentary. Now, go and study it."

Please listen as to what is said about the literal reading of myths.

"Origen, the great second or third century Greek commentator on the Bible said that it is absolutely impossible to take these texts literally. You simply cannot do so. And he said, "God has put these sort of conundrums and paradoxes in so that we are forced to seek a deeper meaning."

Matt 7;12 So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

This is how early Gnostic Christians view the transition from reading myths properly to destructive literal reading and idol worship.

Regards
DL

What you call garbage is scripture. I quoted plenty of scripture.

The garbage you post, on the other hand, suggests that you are not smarter than a fifth grader.

scripture is garbage --just like the MSM today

Of course to the Hebrew writers, death was a biological phenomenon, but it was also spiritual. In fact, life in the Spirit seemed more meaningful to the ancients than life in the flesh did. Fellowship with God was their raison d'être, their purpose for life in the flesh. “It is the Spirit who gives life,” Jesus said. “The flesh is no help at all.” (Jn 6:63).

Death was condemnation, or separation from God. The Hebrews considered idolatry their great sin. It separated them from the living God. Idolatry was death, as the Scriptures allude to frequently. Paul tells us, for example, that before the Cross his Jewish contemporaries were dead in their trespasses and sins (Eph 2:1). While death in the minds of the Israelites was condemnation, belief led to life. “The soul who sins shall die.” (Ez 18:20) This is precisely what Paul says to the Roman Christians, that “as one trespass led to condemnation for all men, so one act of righteousness leads to justification and life for all men.” (5:18) Christ’s obedience restored life to humankind. Paul says further that sin (through the law) killed him (7:11). Sin is spiritual death. Obviously, Paul was not physically dead when he wrote this; dead people don’t write correspondences. In his Gospel, the Apostle John says the same thing about life and death:

But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name. (Jn 20:31)​

The people whom John is addressing are already alive physically; dead people don’t read manuscripts. They’re just not alive spiritually.

I hope you can see how intelligent the ancients were as compared to the mental trash that modern preachers and theists are using with the literal reading of myths.

What is God?

Further.

Rabbi Hillel, the older contemporary of Jesus, said that when asked to sum up the whole of Jewish teaching, while he stood on one leg, said, "The Golden Rule. That which is hateful to you, do not do to your neighbor. That is the Torah. And everything else is only commentary. Now, go and study it."

"Origen, the great second or third century Greek commentator on the Bible said that it is absolutely impossible to take these texts literally. You simply cannot do so. And he said, "God has put these sort of conundrums and paradoxes in so that we are forced to seek a deeper meaning."

Matt 7;12 So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

This is how early Gnostic Christians view the transition from reading myths properly to destructive literal reading and idol worship.

Regards
DL

The garbage you post, on the other hand, suggests that you are not smarter than a fifth grader.

Scripture is sensible and easy to comprehend in its entirety.

Except for gnostics, fundamentalists, and skeptics.

Regards
DL
Why does it bother you? Are you a Christian or just someone who wants to trash the religion?

I am not at all bothered by the thought of death.

I am a Gnostic Christian, and as some say, the only good Christians, but yes, I would love to trash Christianity and their adoration of a genocidal son murdering prick of a god.

Given the harm Christianity brings to us via their homophobia and misogyny, if you do not feel the same, then you are not following the Golden Rule and are not fighting evil.

Why not?

Regards
DL

You really need to learn the third commandment

Thanks for all but your last idiocy.

Whatever liberals are, they are not so immoral as to elect a pussy grabber for president and a pedophile protecting pope.

Regards
DL

Thank You for the reaffirmation that you liberals are so consumed by the hatred your Democrat Party demands of you. There is additional comfort in we who respect our nation's Constitution that we will be able to glance down every now and then and, for an eternity, see a vast sea of liberals wallowing in the hatred they will have no choice but to turn on each other.

Are you happy to know you will die? ...

Sure I'm happy to know I will not have to be forever on planet Earth. Fortunatelly the return ticket home to god never expires and latest after 120 years I will need it. Who likes to be forever a member of the species homo sapiens sapiens? Murderous materialistic apes are not really a funny thing, specially when they speak day by day only nonsense about beliefers in spirituality.

Yep. Much better to hang with a genocidal son murdering prick of a god forever eh?

Regards
DL

Drugs? At Easter Sunday? Ever thought about to let your drugs behind?

Regina caeli, laetare, alleluia.
Quia quem meruisti portare, alleluia,
Resurrexit, sicut dixit, alleluia.
Ora pro nobis Deum, alleluia.

What is God?

Further.

Regards
DL

Scripture is sensible and easy to comprehend in its entirety.

Except for gnostics, fundamentalists, and skeptics.

If it is that easy to comprehend, why is the myth of Eden interpreted by the Jews --- who wrote it --- as where man was elevated, --- while Christians see a fall, all while singing that Adam's sin was a happy fault and necessary to God's plan?

Regards
DL

Thanks for all but your last idiocy.

Whatever liberals are, they are not so immoral as to elect a pussy grabber for president and a pedophile protecting pope.

Regards
DL

Thank You for the reaffirmation that you liberals are so consumed by the hatred your Democrat Party demands of you. There is additional comfort in we who respect our nation's Constitution that we will be able to glance down every now and then and, for an eternity, see a vast sea of liberals wallowing in the hatred they will have no choice but to turn on each other.

Respect your overly amended second class constitution all you like.

If you walked it's talk, you would not be the laughing stock of the world.

Regards
DL

Forum List

Back