Are you fucking kidding me?!?! This is what you libs consider sexual harrassment?

The "news" cannot seem to come to an agreement on what happened. Well...they've come to an agreement on how the story's going to be spun politically...based upon which corporation or politician is paying them off.

Mr. Cain seems to be taking the "I can neither confirm nor deny these allegations." route. One channel has been saying that he was pretty forward with the women, and one is saying that NOTHING ever happened. So who the hell are we supposed to believe?

Murkin, I appreciate your aggravation with what you believe to be an irrelevant bygone issue. And I will be the first to agree that whether or not the man ever copped a feel of one of his coworkers has nothing to do with his ability to fix a jacked up economy.

But being sexually harrassed is infuriating and disturbing. I don't know if you've ever been sexually harrassed, but I have. And it is ROUGH when you finally have enough, and report it. I used to get my ass grabbed, daily.....when I was MUCH younger that is. Comments were made about my "dick-sucking lips", and my "perky titties" (classy, I know). I put up with it for two years, because I understood that I was in a predominantly male field. And the last thing that most women want to do, is piss off their coworkers, when the deck is stacked overwhelmingly against them.

I finally went to administration when I'd had enough. And this was after REPEATEDLY telling one sick dude to leave me alone. I was literally afraid of him....as in potential future rape.

From that point forward, I was someone who would "get you for sexual harrassment". I was the broad who "couldn't take a joke". My work gloves were repeatedly thrown away. Some of my uniforms were trashed. After this little ride, I decided that my days of putting up with shit, were over. There would be no question of my lack of interest, again.

I would politely tell them to take their hands off me, if they didn't want to get racked. Problem solved.

The point I'm trying to make is: MOST women, from what I've witnessed, have dealt with crap similar to what I went through for years, before they finally tattle.

There were "laws" in place, at the time all of this was going on with me. But they weren't much of a deterent.

Politico exerpt.....

"physical gestures that WERE NOT overtly sexual but that made women who experienced or witnessed them uncomfortable"

Really?!? This is what were coming to as a legit attack in our politics? What a fucking joke!

I know I'm a bit late to this story but I've had a lot of work over the last seven days so I wasn't really up to speed until now.

You all should be embarrassed that this is what your hounding on. If this is sexual harassment then all of us men are criminal scum.

This is a fucking joke and all of those latching on to it are just as much a joke as it is.

DUMB BEYOND BELIEF.

Makes you wonder why they settled then...

Just sayin'.

The unfounded hysteria reminds me of my grandson when he sees a spider. Completely unnecessary reaction, as well as childish.
I agree....Cain's reaction has been exactly that. He should have handled this like an adult.

He can't think on his feet. Cain didn't know exactly how to handle it, he was Roved. Imagine how Bill Clinton felt with all of these women coming forward with those charges.

It's rough but he needs to think quickly and be very decisive if he's running for the most important job in the land.

Politico exerpt.....

"physical gestures that WERE NOT overtly sexual but that made women who experienced or witnessed them uncomfortable"

Really?!? This is what were coming to as a legit attack in our politics? What a fucking joke!

I know I'm a bit late to this story but I've had a lot of work over the last seven days so I wasn't really up to speed until now.

You all should be embarrassed that this is what your hounding on. If this is sexual harassment then all of us men are criminal scum.

This is a fucking joke and all of those latching on to it are just as much a joke as it is.

DUMB BEYOND BELIEF.

Makes you wonder why they settled then...

Just sayin'.

That is a question that the GOP just can't answer. They don't like him that much anyway.

I think he's done, Cain is done.

Republicans don't care if their mother or daughter is harassed? You sure?

I watched and listened to my mother engage in conversations with men that would never fly in the work place.

These were Air Force "families" where such talk took place all the time.

What is harassment...not in the least.

OK, so I learned something new. Republicans don't care if their mother or daughter is sexually harassed. Who knew?

Republicans laugh at sexual harassment until their mom or daughter are targeted. Then they stop laughing. Some pull out handguns. I'm pretty sure they are just for "show".

Can you cite a case where someone has "pulled out a gun" to resolve such a dispute?

Here's the reality in today's workplace.

The mere accusation of Sexual Harrassment is a careerkiller.

HR departments will usually fire you on the spot if someone makes an accusation like that, even if the accuser has no crediblity.

I do think that some behavior should be actionable- coercing sex, acting lewdly in the office, etc.

Swimsuit calanders and dirty jokes. Not so much.

the problem with Sexual Harrassment laws is that the standard is so subjective that there is no standard, and in this litigation heavy environment, firing people is easier than resolving disputes.

If Bill Clinton had been a president of a company, what Paula Jones claimed would have gotten him fired, without a doubt. What he did with Lewinsky would have gotten him fired.

The problem with people making rules they couldn't live under themselves is that the rules usually tend to be awful.

He can't think on his feet. ....
You mean he's not slick?

I'm OK with that. I don't fall for slick.

Morons do, though.

You seem to always know what morons are thinking. Hmm.. You're an expert! Lots of practice thinking like a moron, eh?
Lots of time at USMB to see morons' thoughts in action.

Who knew so many existed?

I sure didn't.

Thanks for the opportunity to explain the obvious to you. :thup:

Republicans laugh at sexual harassment until their mom or daughter are targeted. Then they stop laughing. Some pull out handguns. I'm pretty sure they are just for "show".

Can you cite a case where someone has "pulled out a gun" to resolve such a dispute?

Here's the reality in today's workplace.

The mere accusation of Sexual Harrassment is a careerkiller.

HR departments will usually fire you on the spot if someone makes an accusation like that, even if the accuser has no crediblity.

I do think that some behavior should be actionable- coercing sex, acting lewdly in the office, etc.

Swimsuit calanders and dirty jokes. Not so much.

the problem with Sexual Harrassment laws is that the standard is so subjective that there is no standard, and in this litigation heavy environment, firing people is easier than resolving disputes.

If Bill Clinton had been a president of a company, what Paula Jones claimed would have gotten him fired, without a doubt. What he did with Lewinsky would have gotten him fired.

The problem with people making rules they couldn't live under themselves is that the rules usually tend to be awful.

I agree. I love a tasteless joke just like the rest of them, and have told my share of them in a group of guys.

One of the issues that I see, is that we've stopped talking to each other. And many women (not all, but many) try to be nice to a guy, as they are afraid that the guy's feelings will be hurt. Let me tell you something, ladies; if a man is not getting the hint that you aren't interested after the 10th time you've turned him down for a date, the time to be nice is WAY OVER! Don't be ambiguous, because most people who will actually sexually harrass you aren't possessing all their sanity.

Dirty jokes, are not really professional and my current workplace has zero tolerance for any type of harrassment. The way I understand the law, is that everyone gets a freebie. You can look someone up and down or make a crude comment once. After that, you have no leg to stand on, if you continue to invite people to your bedroom.

But again, just because he might have groped someone at work in the past, doesn't mean that he isn't capable of being president. We've had many horndogs in the White House. If you don't agree with him, reference the issues. Okay....done. :razz:

Forum List

Back