Are you better off than you were four years ago?

Does anyone seriously believe that the US is better of at this point of Biden's presidency that it was at the same point in Trump's presidency?

Trump (October 2019): America is great again.

Biden (October 2023); We are in deep shit.

Please correct me if I am wrong.
Better off. Got a good man in the presidency after four years of that trump character who tried to over throw our democracy.

it costs a lot more to fill up on gas , buy food , electric bill, insurance ect .. 20 yrs of inflation in just 3 ... there are millions who's standard of living has dropped under the dems admin .. i dont think only of myself .. i think of those who are struggling .. no the country is better off than it was 4 yrs ago and a large majority of Americans say the country is headed in the wrong direction .

Fuck Off Hypocrite.
The Thread title was

Are you better off than you were four years ago?​

I answered.
Yes, I'm spending more on most ALL goods.
I'm STILL increasing my NET WORTH, just NOT as fast, but STILL increasing.
That was the Question.

You want to start a thread about "How much you care about the needy and HOW much you Help the Needy." Do it.

Bottom Line.
I have a NET WORTH that is Higher Now than It was 4 years ago.

Does anyone seriously believe that the US is better of at this point of Biden's presidency that it was at the same point in Trump's presidency?

This is why you're asking it now, and didn't wait for the presidential election season to start. Because comes next year, if you ask people if they are better off, than they were 4 years ago, they would give a massive "hell yes".

Here is an Honest Answer.

In 2019, the economy was great. I was working.
in 2020, Covid fucked the economy, but I kept working, as did many others.
In 2021, Covid was still a thing, and Yes, I'm still working, as are many others.
In 2022 and 2023, I'm still working, even though I retired from my Career Job in July of 2022, and I have a different Job, so Still Working.

The THREAD title is this :

Are you better off than you were four years ago?​

So YES, my personal NET WORTH is still growing, that means I'm better off than 4 yeas ago. You can't argue this.

Yet your net worth has lost 20-25% of its purchasing power due to inflation. So if your net worth hasn't exceeded the inflation rate, you're losing money.

Where it's always morning in America. :auiqs.jpg:

Trump got to skate on the accomplishments of others, fucked things up, and left a shit sandwich for the next guy.
Same thing Bonzo did to GHWB and Clinton.

This is why you're asking it now, and didn't wait for the presidential election season to start. Because comes next year, if you ask people if they are better off, than they were 4 years ago, they would give a massive "hell yes".
I am asking it now because it is now. We will see what people think a year from now. But implicit in your reply is that Trump should be blamed for Covid-19, but Biden should not be held responsible for things that have been under his control. Did I get that right?

I am most certainly better off now than I was when Trump had things...."great".
Making more money. Investments doing very well (because I take an active interest in managing them). Mortgage almost paid off.
Best of all, I don't have to wake up and see an orange spray tanned fraud who stood up in front of the country and once asked if UV light could be introduced into the body "in some other way". :auiqs.jpg:

Yes, I’m doing better off.

Maybe you guys should lift yourselves up by your boot straps instead of complaining about how bad it is.

FWIW, I lead a somewhat reclusive lifestyle some would even claim unAmerican

So other than the 'net , i really have little connection, not quite up on the pulse of society

That said, i highly suspect most of you are >>>>

~S~

Trump was handed a booming economy and stock market heading in the right direction by Obama.

Biden was handed an economy in shambles from covid lockdowns and supply shortages and delivery issues, that was just beginning its recovery period.

Just as Obama was handed an economy in shambles by GW Bush....

Yet your net worth has lost 20-25% of its purchasing power due to inflation. So if your net worth hasn't exceeded the inflation rate, you're losing money.

You are piss poor at this.

I own my house.
I own my vehicles.
I have ZERO credit Card Debt.

Can you say that?

If I have 1X $$$, then after a month, after ALL spending and earning, and Now I have 1.05X $$$$...... Please explain how my Net Worth hasn't increased,

regardless of your FAKE 20-25% number you pulled out of your ass.

That's a subjective measure.
Wells Fargo Special CD Rate - 5.00% Annual Percentage Yield
That's bigger than my mortgage rate. So my savings are actually covering my debts.
YMMV

STFU. Reality is inflation is through the roof.

Nice job suporting shutting diwn huh.
Look at the stock market over the last four years.

If you’re not better off now than you were 4 years ago, then that’s on you.

Make better choices. Stop blaming others for your failures.

I am asking it now because it is now. We will see what people think a year from now. But implicit in your reply is that Trump should be blamed for Covid-19, but Biden should not be held responsible for things that have been under his control. Did I get that right?
I'm just saying, ever since Ronald Reagan asked that question in his run for the presidency, it was made in the election year, and not the year before.

Forum List

Back