Are We Ready For The Fall Of Baghdad?- The US Embassy?

Since the US destroyed the best of the Iraqi army, replacing it with very poorly trained troops, but with the very expensive weapons the US taxpayer gave them, ISIS have a very nice chance of taking the whole country, and getting all that hardly used, US taxpayer supplied gear.
The worst thing - you started ISIS by training "moderate" anti Assad forces in Syria.

In other words, you set the thing going, but other poor fuckers have to put up with the results of your stupidity.

Since the US destroyed the best of the Iraqi army, replacing it with very poorly trained troops, but with the very expensive weapons the US taxpayer gave them, ISIS have a very nice chance of taking the whole country, and getting all that hardly used, US taxpayer supplied gear.
The worst thing - you started ISIS by training "moderate" anti Assad forces in Syria.

In other words, you set the thing going, but other poor fuckers have to put up with the results of your stupidity.

For Sale. Iraqi Army Rifles. Never fired, only dropped once.

(1) Baghdad is not Saigon and will not fall.

(2) ISIS ISIL is not the NVA.

(3) Geaux4it is not a patriot.

You know noting of what I am, or where I've been. But we know plenty about you. :badgrin:

-Geaux

We know that you are both a fan of cultural McCarthyism and a neo-con, neither of which will be the future of America.

We also know my three points above are accurate.

Baghdad was destabilized when baby bush went in and tossed saddam Hussein. the state department under daddy bush SAID what would happen to the country and the region if we did that.

so i'm not quite sure why the right is wringing its hands when bush's efforts came to fruition.

or should we engage in perpetual warfare to try to prop up what bush broke?

It has become clear Obama is over matched at every juncture. The man has an impressive resume of failures to weigh him and America down

-Geaux

-------------------

I recently was in Vietnam and spent some time in prosperous, capitalist Saigon, now called Ho Chi Minh City, and toured the American War Museum. I believe there are a number of parallels between the Vietnam and Iraq War and that history could repeat itself now in Baghdad. Who can forget the former Vietnamese supporters of America being left behind as the last helicopter left the roof of the US embassy?

The thing was, most of those supporters were fleeing because their fellow Vietnamese were going to kill them.

Which is what happens to Quislings after you get rid of an occupation government.

We had no business being in the middle of a Vietnamese Civil War 50 years ago, and we have no business being in the middle of an Iraqi Civil War today.

But if you feel otherwise, then you and Bill Kristol and and a bunch of other Right Wingers should take your guns and form an "Abraham Lincoln Brigade" to fight for.... Oh, wait, we don't know who we are fighting for.

The other choices over there are the Pro-Iranian Shi'ite Government and the Communist dominated Kurdish separatists. All the choices there kind of suck.

And unlike the Vietnamese, they don't have hot women over there who will love you long time. Nor really a compelling American national interest.
Will Obama let ISIS burn the American flag and raise the black flag of death at the US Embassy?

-Geaux

Yes he will, and secretly cheer while golfing.

Baghdad was destabilized when baby bush went in and tossed saddam Hussein. the state department under daddy bush SAID what would happen to the country and the region if we did that.

so i'm not quite sure why the right is wringing its hands when bush's efforts came to fruition.

or should we engage in perpetual warfare to try to prop up what bush broke?

Did you miss the link above that its Bush and Obama's mess?

-Geaux

How many US lives are we willing to lose to save Baghdad?

100?
1000?
5000?
or will they treat us as liberators?

How long are we willing to keep the peace until Iraq is able to maintain itself?

By what I see yes we are ready.

All the left wing pundits seem to be armed with the reasons the fall is all GWB's fault.

All the left wing posters seem to have all their talking points in line.

All that is still needed is to lob a few more meaningless bombs and fold up camp.

By what I see yes we are ready.

All the left wing pundits seem to be armed with the reasons the fall is all GWB's fault.

All the left wing posters seem to have all their talking points in line.

All that is still needed is to lob a few more meaningless bombs and fold up camp.

Yes, it is G W Bush's fault. He was the decider, he made the case for war

Bush told us we needed to attack immediately or else risk a mushroom cloud. He told us not to worry about post war Iraq because we would be treated as liberators

He never said anything about having to stay for over ten years to keep the peace or about losing 5000 dead to stabilize his blunder of a conquest

Interesting how the rw, including the extremist here at this site, O haters, the anti war and pro ISIS folks all focus and promote the same propaganda and news articles that slam the US, cheer for ISIS and portray the US and it's military efforts in a negative way. Probably just a coincidence.

Of course Baghdad will "fall." It is inevitable; it isn't a U.S. possession. It's only a matter of time, politics, and expendable U.S. resources.

Obama abandoned Iraq so he could claim "Victory" for his 2012 reelection.

A real American President would have made sure that US supplied the ISF with the logistics and continued training they so desperately needed. Instead, Obama turned yet another country over to his friends in AQ and Jihad.

It takes 15 years of training before the US Army will give a commander control of a single division, Obama decided the ISF was ready for full country over the entire Army after only a few years. He broke it, he bought it

Forum List

Back