Are there any threads here about dating in our modern era- Because it ain’t like it used to be

I feel sorry for people who never enjoy the immense pleasure of having a best friend whom they enjoy French kissing.

Now here’s something to consider. Women have a way easier time getting sex. You could be a one or two as a lady and go to a bar and you could get a guy easily. But if you’re a guy and even if you’re a seven out of 10 it’s gonna take some work.
Actually it is very easy getting a woman to have sex if you have confidence and know which buttons to push.

When I was dating, my preferences could be summed up as: Petite, Average build, Traditional Roles (cooking, cleaning, etc…), Quiet/Demure, Drama-free.

With the exception of the build, I got pretty much everything I was looking for. Her family has a ton of drama, but my wife avoids most of it.

Well in 1997 I was quite a bit too young to date ! Even if you’re a bit of an older gentleman well there’s someone out there for you my friend that’s for sure. One of my poker friends is 82 years old and his longtime wife passed away a few years ago. He got himself a new girlfriend maybe last year.

But I will say this for our younger generation of Americans. Because of the rise of drug use and social media there seems to be some number of young men and even young women who have no interest at all on going on any dates. So we need to address this as a society. At least you have tried…. I’m talking about young men and women who have no interest in even trying out a first date …and that’s a problem for our country.
My granddaughter, a pharmacist, 27, was married for 9 months. Her husband, an engineer, agreed with her kids were not part of the equation. He changed his mind, so she just filed for divorce. I applaud her. She wants NO kids of her own. A brave and courageous choice. They are going to sell the house they bought and she has found a smaller house. I'm happy for her that she held her ground.

My granddaughter, a pharmacist, 27, was married for 9 months. Her husband, an engineer, agreed with her kids were not part of the equation. He changed his mind, so she just filed for divorce. I applaud her. She wants NO kids of her own. A brave and courageous choice. They are going to sell the house they bought and she has found a smaller house. I'm happy for her that she held her ground.
Seems to me a bit of a different topic my friend….

anyway you have a granddaughter what about those with a grandson and that grandchild is a young man black or white and he’s so addicted to marijuana that he doesn’t even care about finding a woman. This is a big problem for society.

One thing that’s changed for the better is there’s a ton more women out there just looking for casual sex.

kids are raised by bad parents that just let them be raised by a smartphone. They even as small kids they are home playing on a phone, they go out to eat and parents stick a phone in their hand, they talk to everyone through messages on phones.

So when they grow up they don't know how to be personable, how to talk to strangers, how to express through words and so on. Phones made them block out the real world and when they are in the real world they can't handle it. It's like keeping a kid in the house for the first 10 years of their life, then one day dropping them off at the mall and saying "go make friends".

Kids in general are soft and weak. They were overly protected by parents and kept from maturing and learning how to be tough or thick skin. They were given phones to pacify them and spend all their time surrounding themselves only by what made them comfortable.

Basically young people a lot of times are soft, weak, overly sensitive pussies that were raised to have the arrogance that they have a right to not be offended and everything should be there simply because they showed up

So it's no wonder they can't have relationships face to face.

I don't want them to have relationships anyway because all that means is they will breed and raise more shitty kids that don't do anything except get in the way and use up resources.

You have touched on something ... Or maybe just slid into it.

What you are saying about phones is true to an extent ... But not necessarily the depth of the issue.
What you mentioned about young people texting instead or being more personal ... Neglecting social skills and communication skills is part of the problem.

However ... The connective nature of our digital society plays a larger role than many want to address.
It's not restricted to young people ... And to some degrees we all do it nowadays.

Before the massive growth of the internet and digital world ... If someone desired to talk to someone else ... They had to find someone to talk to.
That involved social skills ... The ability to approach and communicate with others ... And to a degree, the need to find some common ground.
It required accepting some things in others ... In order to maintain and actual relationship in real-time ... And with who was available to talk to.

Once our massive digital society became full-blown ... It's a lot easier to find someone that may agree with you ...
And likewise ... A lot easier to throw people who don't agree with you to the curb.

In dating ... Like the OP suggested ... And asked what people were looking for ... That's the point I am making as the issue.
It's not just what they are looking for ... It's how they form their desires ... And the scale of the selections that have provided them with what they think.

If you are looking for Compliance, Validation, Security, Satisfaction to your Personal Desires, Thoughts, Beliefs or General World View ...
It's a hell of a lot easier when you are looking at a group of 5 or more billion People online ... Than if you are in a room of 25 People.

Over time ... It shapes the way People think about others ... Adjusts their priorities to more closely meet their own needs ... At any given time.
They don't need to find someone to talk to ... People to talk to are at the touch of a button.
They don't need to find someone who will agree with them ... Someone who will agree with them is at the touch of a button.
They don't need to find someone who think the way they do or believes what they believe ... Just the button.

As far as the actual dating and baby making part ... Well ... Electronics may be involved in some way or another ...
But successfully ending up with baby ... Isn't just about what one person wants ... And can easily find online.

You can blame Parents ... But to some degree we all do it ... As well as the Parents you are blaming.
This isn't 1997 ... If you think all those people online who agree with you ... Think like you do ... Say what you want them to say ...
Make a difference ... Try that shit with the person in front of you in the line at the grocery store.

It may work ... But you got lucky with that one ... :auiqs.jpg:
In other cases ... You may find out that they are just as bad at it as you are.

Last edited:
Civilized Men with some common decency and values. That’s who.
Plenty of time to get married to a nice girl. What’s wrong with looking for sex in the meantime?

It’s not some crazy, debauched concept. Every man on earth sleeps around before getting married. Now it’s just easier than when you were young. Nothing wrong with that.

It depends on how hot the woman is... ;)

Depending on how hot she is ... A woman can walk by a man in the grocery store ...
And he may go rub one out in his vehicle thinking about her 5 minutes later.

Men actually act like they have something worth saying in the matter ... :auiqs.jpg:

No I don't.

You didn't reject to the scenario I gave ... And instead expressed how it could be true.
I would guess that is because you are a guy ... The scenario is not a completely inescapable idea ... And you know it.

Tell yourself whatever you need to chief ... But you did know ...
And proved it ... :auiqs.jpg:

Forum List

Back