Are there any real gentlemen on the USMB?

Poor Radioman......

BTW, I agree about Ollie, Jeremy, Dr. House, DiveCon.....Sheldon is also a gentleman.....the list of men who are not would be much, much shorter.

If I start calling everyone cock-gobbling midgets, would I be able to reverse this decision?
Oh, please don't. If you do, USMB would pop up on the first page of Dante's and 52ndstreet's morning Google searches.

So what am I to do?

Just how big is that chip on Buttemia's shoulder?

:lol:

GF10_Balancing-Rock.jpg

that's jb on the right.

As some of you might already be aware, the subject of being a gentlemen came up in a recent thread- specifically the contrast between the 1st and 2nd-wavers who believed in equality, responsibility, and independence and the modern neo-gentlemen who, much like those same groups who took over the Coloured Civil Rights movement, seek to invert, rather than abolish, the historical system of exploitation and socio-economic and political inequality.

Or do you just play one on T.V.?
If you're going to go rdeaning, try learning your vocabulary words for the week.

The term gentleman (from Latin gentilis, belonging to a race or "gens", and "man", cognate with the French word gentilhomme, the Spanish gentilhombre and the Italian gentil uomo or gentiluomo), in its original and strict signification, denoted a man of good family, analogous to the Latin generosus (its invariable translation in English-Latin documents). In this sense the word equates with the French gentilhomme (nobleman), which latter term was in Great Britain long confined to the peerage. The term "gentry" (from the Old French genterise for gentelise) has much of the social class significance of the French noblesse or of the German Adel, but without the strict technical requirements of those traditions (such as quarters of nobility). This was what the rebels under John Ball in the 14th century meant when they repeated:
When Adam delved and Eve span,
Who was then the gentleman?[1]
John Selden in Titles of Honour (1614), discussing the title "gentleman", speaks of "our English use of it" as "convertible with nobilis" (an ambiguous word, like 'noble' meaning elevated either by rank or by personal qualities) and describes in connection with it the forms of ennobling in various European countries.
To a degree, "gentleman" signified a man with an income derived from property, a legacy or some other source, and was thus independently wealthy and did not need to work. The term was particularly used of those who could not claim nobility or even the rank of esquire.
Gentleman - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Kinda the opposite of equality...
elvis said:
Hi, you have received -189 reputation points from elvis.
Reputation was given for this post.

Comment:
fuck off

Regards,
elvis

Note: This is an automated message.

As some of you might already be aware, the subject of being a gentlemen came up in a recent thread- specifically the contrast between the 1st and 2nd-wavers who believed in equality, responsibility, and independence and the modern neo-gentlemen who, much like those same groups who took over the Coloured Civil Rights movement, seek to invert, rather than abolish, the historical system of exploitation and socio-economic and political inequality.

Or do you just play one on T.V.?
If you're going to go rdeaning, try learning your vocabulary words for the week.

Gentleman - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Kinda the opposite of equality...
elvis said:
Hi, you have received -189 reputation points from elvis.
Reputation was given for this post.

Comment:
fuck off

Regards,
elvis

Note: This is an automated message.

What an excellent idea, Elvis. Why didn't I think of that?

Here, JB, have another neg.

Fuck; I have to wait a day. O well.

Just finished reading the thread.

People think I am a gentleman? WTF did I do wrong?

Poor Radioman......

BTW, I agree about Ollie, Jeremy, Dr. House, DiveCon.....Sheldon is also a gentleman.....the list of men who are not would be much, much shorter.

If I start calling everyone cock-gobbling midgets, would I be able to reverse this decision?

You can try. However, I warn you, you have accumulated severe good will and a strong rep as a kindly person.

Might take more'n "cock gobblers" to move to the asshole side of the ledger. Mayhaps some tutoring would help?

I thought by law, all UK men were required to have fine manners or else they could no longer sport that accent?

*Puzzled look*

:eusa_eh: Oh dear. Don't get Colin going on accents! :eek:

Now I am curious. Why??

Because he will tell you that Oxford English has no accent. It's Welsh, Scots, Geordies, Yorkies, Americans et al who have the accent. :lol: Of course, he is correct. :cool:

Forum List

Back