Are there any real gentlemen on the USMB?

As some of you might already be aware, the subject of being a gentlemen came up in a recent thread- specifically the contrast between the 1st and 2nd-wavers who believed in equality, responsibility, and independence and the modern neo-gentlemen who, much like those same groups who took over the Coloured Civil Rights movement, seek to invert, rather than abolish, the historical system of exploitation and socio-economic and political inequality.

Or do you just play one on T.V.?

I don't understand this. What does "invert" mean on this topic?

Maybe I just need to improve my blood sugar.

As some of you might already be aware, the subject of being a gentlemen came up in a recent thread- specifically the contrast between the 1st and 2nd-wavers who believed in equality, responsibility, and independence and the modern neo-gentlemen who, much like those same groups who took over the Coloured Civil Rights movement, seek to invert, rather than abolish, the historical system of exploitation and socio-economic and political inequality.

I don't understand this. What does "invert" mean on this topic?

Maybe I just need to improve my blood sugar.
Definition of INVERT

a : to reverse in position, order, or relationship b : to subject to inversion

Invert - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

I love parody, EZ. That just wasn't good parody.

I expect better from you.

You mean copying your OP from your feminist thread isn't good parody?

Don't make me cry JB. :(

Gentlemen don't make women cry! :D

• Thanks
Reactions: del
I love parody, EZ. That just wasn't good parody.

I expect better from you.

You mean copying your OP from your feminist thread isn't good parody?

Don't make me cry JB. :(

Gentlemen don't make women cry! :D
I never claimed to be a gentleman by any fair application of any of the historical definitions of the term.

Besides, I find such terms sexist.

A good day to you!

curtsey.jpg

Last edited:
By "gentleman," I assume we are talking about nice guys. There are lots of nice guys here. Lots. There are lots of nice gals here too. Lots. Many, many more than that board from whence I came in a former life. That's why I like it here.

I won't name names, because, as sure as I do, I will leave someone out and I don't want to do that.

You know who you are. Come to think of it, maybe you don't. Real gentlemen (or ladies) don't give it much thought - that's just the way they are.

Last edited:
There are tons! How can you ask that, EZ?

Bootneck, Colin, Middleman, Toro, Trajan, Radioman, The Light, froggy, Lumpy, Kalam -- so many, I cannot name all of them. Truely misognystic men are the exception here IMO, not the rule.

Thank you for including me on your list. :eusa_angel:

Of course! Besides, you agreed to model UPS man outfits for me, and bring me new shoes every Thursday.....what's not to love?

There are tons! How can you ask that, EZ?

Bootneck, Colin, Middleman, Toro, Trajan, Radioman, The Light, froggy, Lumpy, Kalam -- so many, I cannot name all of them. Truely misognystic men are the exception here IMO, not the rule.

Thank you for including me on your list. :eusa_angel:

Of course! Besides, you agreed to model UPS man outfits for me, and bring me new shoes every Thursday.....what's not to love?

As long as you're wearing your French Maid outfit on Thursdays, I will! ;)

Sometimes you may feel you can tell a real gentleman, but you could be wrong:

Two women are chatting in an office.

Woman 1: "I had sex last night, did you?"

Woman 2: "Yes."

Woman 1: "Was it good?"

Woman 2: "No, it was a disaster... my husband came home, ate his dinner in three minutes, got on top of me, finished having sex in five minutes, rolled over and fell asleep in two minutes. How was yours?"

Woman 1: "Oh it was amazing! My husband came home and took me out to a romantic dinner. After dinner we walked for an hour. When we came home he lit the candles around the house and we had an hour of foreplay. We then had an hour long session of fantastic sex and afterwards talked for an hour. It was like a fairytale!"

At the same time, their husbands are talking at work.

Husband 1: "You wanted sex last night, how was it?"

Husband 2: "Great. I came home, dinner was on the table, I ate, had sex with my wife and fell asleep. It was great! What about you?"

Husband 1: "It was horrible. I came home, there's no dinner because they cut the electricity because I hadn't paid the bill; so I had to take my wife out to dinner which was so expensive that I didn't have money left for a cab. We had to walk home which took an hour - and when we got home I remembered there was no electricity so I had to light candles all over the house! I was so angry that I couldn't get it up for an hour and then I couldn't climax for another hour. After I finally did, I was so aggravated that I couldn't fall asleep and my wife was jabbering away for another hour!"

Both, actually....;)

Forum List

Back