CDZ Are Some Cultures Better Than Others?

Yes, in Europe people like cutting out the hearts of people so the Gods will be pleased, and stealing little girls for wives. And what people did 300 years ago has everything to do with what people do today. Again, your knowledge is vastly superior.
How about eating each other in the colonies because with their superior western culture they didnt have the knowledge or foresight to equip themselves for the winter? Yes what people did 300 years ago has a great impact on what people do today. You dont have to fawn to let me know you appreciate my knowledge but I thank you anyway.
Yes, a human BBQ resturant just opened up near me. The flavor is to die for. Again, your vast insight into Western Culture is truely outstanding.
Did a relative of Dahmer open it or is this a new cannibal?
Ah yes. We all know of the Donner party 170 years ago because what happened is so common and widely accepted in Western Culture.
You made a reading error. I said Dahmer not Donner but thanks for the reminder. Many people that practice western culture say they would have done the same thing.

Ah yes, and Dahmer is at home watching Oprah because what he did is accepted in Western Culture. Again, your vast grasp of reality brings me to my knees.

How about eating each other in the colonies because with their superior western culture they didnt have the knowledge or foresight to equip themselves for the winter? Yes what people did 300 years ago has a great impact on what people do today. You dont have to fawn to let me know you appreciate my knowledge but I thank you anyway.
Yes, a human BBQ resturant just opened up near me. The flavor is to die for. Again, your vast insight into Western Culture is truely outstanding.
Ah yes. We all know of the Donner party 170 years ago because what happened is so common and widely accepted in Western Culture.
You made a reading error. I said Dahmer not Donner but thanks for the reminder. Many people that practice western culture say they would have done the same thing.

Ah yes, and Dahmer is at home watching Oprah because what he did is accepted in Western Culture. Again, your vast grasp of reality brings me to my knees.
No. someone from another culture took Dahmer from this world. He is stuck somewhere between western culture and hell right now.

No. someone from another culture took Dahmer from this world. He is stuck somewhere between western culture and hell right now.
What happened to Dahmer? He was just a normal person doing what is accepted in Western Culture.

I had no idea that was a measure of achievement.
I would think it was a failure that europeans didnt have the ability to provide their own labor. That western culture must not have believed in hard work and the pride that comes from building something themselves. It seems that western culture taught them to be lazy and force others by rationalizing class and race to achieve their ends. I guess they thought that was the hallmark of achievement according to western culture.
laugh.gif
Can you name the culture that didn't use slave labor?
I can name plenty of cultures that didnt use chattel slavery. Why do you ask?
Please feel free to do so.
Pretty much every culture except those that practiced western culture. Why do you ask?
Name one culture. Please, grace us with your vast knowledge of reality.

In what way?

Better at surviving and adapting to a changing world? Better at morality? Better at flourishing? How is such a judgement made?
I'll give you a small example of what I'm talking about. When Spain conquered the Americas they discovered many seemingly advanced civilizations of great cities, dams, canals, paved roads, systems of law and government, literature, science, art, etc. The Aztecs, Mayans, Incas and others seemed to have all the elements in place to advance and progress into a modern society, except they were missing one crucial technological development....the wheel. Because there were no suitable draft animals in the Americas prior to the arrival of Europeans the wheel had never been utilized as a method of conveyance. Not having the wheel as a basic tool severely limits any further progress; they can't develope gears or pulleys, water wheels etc., all the things that lead to more advanced technology. The cultures of the Americas couldn't compete and so they succumbed.

I had no idea that was a measure of achievement.
I would think it was a failure that europeans didnt have the ability to provide their own labor. That western culture must not have believed in hard work and the pride that comes from building something themselves. It seems that western culture taught them to be lazy and force others by rationalizing class and race to achieve their ends. I guess they thought that was the hallmark of achievement according to western culture.
laugh.gif
Pretty much every culture except those that practiced western culture. Why do you ask?
About what I expected.

In what way?

Better at surviving and adapting to a changing world? Better at morality? Better at flourishing? How is such a judgement made?
I'll give you a small example of what I'm talking about. When Spain conquered the Americas they discovered many seemingly advanced civilizations of great cities, dams, canals, paved roads, systems of law and government, literature, science, art, etc. The Aztecs, Mayans, Incas and others seemed to have all the elements in place to advance and progress into a modern society, except they were missing one crucial technological development....the wheel. Because there were no suitable draft animals in the Americas prior to the arrival of Europeans the wheel had never been utilized as a method of conveyance. Not having the wheel as a basic tool severely limits any further progress; they can't develope gears or pulleys, water wheels etc., all the things that lead to more advanced technology. The cultures of the Americas couldn't compete and so they succumbed.
So now you think not inventing the wheel is what caused the attempted genocide of the natives by harbingers of western culture.? :laugh:

Western culture didnt invent the wheel so that may throw a snag in your logic. Also the Maya and the Axtecs did use the wheel. This is just another example of how indoctrinated you are.

Last edited:
laugh.gif
About what I expected.
Yeah you shouldnt expect me to deflect on a thread even if the person that authored the OP is trying to deflect.

In what way?

So now you think not inventing the wheel is what caused the attempted genocide of the natives by harbingers of western culture.? :laugh:

Western culture didnt invent the wheel so that may throw a snag in your logic.
Those poor Aztecs. Just sitting around minding their own business watching their slaves work and eating their enemies. Shame those good times came to an end.

In what way?

Western culture didnt invent the wheel so that may throw a snag in your logic. Also the Maya and the Axtecs did use the wheel. This is just another example of how indoctrinated you are.
No, because unlike you, I don't rely on simple one dimensional explanations. It must be very difficult for you to focus with your knees jerking so hard all the time.

About what I expected.
Yeah you shouldnt expect me to deflect on a thread even if the person that authored the OP is trying to deflect.
I'm sure that almost makes sense in some bizarre alternate universe.

The other terrible influence of Western Culture was stopping the practice of widows in India throwing themselves into the funeral pyres of their late husbands. Of course if they didn't cooperate the people helped her do it. It is a terrible law, that since invoked has not seen one widow from tossing herself into the fire. Because we all know, it would be impossible to do such a thing because you could be arrested for throwing yourself into a bonfire.

The other terrible influence of Western Culture was stopping the practice of widows in India throwing themselves into the funeral pyres of their late husbands. Of course if they didn't cooperate the people helped her do it. It is a terrible law, that since invoked has not seen one widow from tossing herself into the fire. Because we all know, it would be impossible to do such a thing because you could be arrested for throwing yourself into a bonfire.
Maybe some of these people would have been happier if the Chinese had established global hegemony instead of the Europeans.

Maybe some of these people would have been happier if the Chinese had established global hegemony instead of the Europeans.
Chinese culture is vastly superior to Western Culture. Murdering 60 million of your own citizens in the past century was a great first step for the Chinese.

So far on this thread you've tried to argue that literature and technology are not important factors in the cultural development of societies. I look forward to your next shattering insight.

Chinese culture is vastly superior to Western Culture. Murdering 60 million of your own citizens in the past century was a great first step for the Chinese.
60 million? Are you kidding? Not even close. They don't know how many, but between the Chinese Civil War and the Great Leap Forward at least 200 million people are estimated to have perished.

So far on this thread you've tried to argue that literature and technology are not important factors in the cultural development of societies. I look forward to your next shattering insight.
Nope. The only thing I argued was that no one can say what is a superior culture. Nice try though.

Nope. The only thing I argued was that no one can say what is a superior culture. Nice try though.
Are you really going to make me review your posts for you? Very tiresome.

Do our western traditions of open discussion and acceptance of new and different ideas create the conditions for successful societies? Are the virtues and attributes of western culture inherently superior to others?

Yes, cultures that instruct you on how to beat your wife, stone to death your daughter for being raped and disgracing the family, cutting off hands and feet for stealing a slice of bread, strapping bombs on 5 year olds, firing missiles at cities in the hope of killing as many as possible are vastly superior to western culture.

I wonder how you figure thats any different than what goes on in western culture?

Yes, you are correct. Western governments do enforce how to properly beat your wife, cuts off hands and feet for stealing a slice of bread, stoning to death your daughter for being raped and disgracing the family, strap bombs on 5 year olds, firing missiles at cities in the hope of killing as many civilians as possible.
No one can withstand your vast knowledge.

I was going to thank you for agreeing then I noticed you made up something no one else was talking about. We are talking about western culture not governments.

Governments do not mirror the cultures of its people?
OK then, people of Western Cultures openly support how to properly beat your wife, cuts off hands and feet of children for stealing a slice of bread, stoning to death your daughter for being raped and disgracing the family, strap bombs on 5 year olds, firing missiles at cities in the hope of killing as many civilians as possible.
You are just too smart for me.

Which cultures support these acts ?

Yes, cultures that instruct you on how to beat your wife, stone to death your daughter for being raped and disgracing the family, cutting off hands and feet for stealing a slice of bread, strapping bombs on 5 year olds, firing missiles at cities in the hope of killing as many as possible are vastly superior to western culture.
I wonder how you figure thats any different than what goes on in western culture?
Yes, you are correct. Western governments do enforce how to properly beat your wife, cuts off hands and feet for stealing a slice of bread, stoning to death your daughter for being raped and disgracing the family, strap bombs on 5 year olds, firing missiles at cities in the hope of killing as many civilians as possible.
No one can withstand your vast knowledge.
I was going to thank you for agreeing then I noticed you made up something no one else was talking about. We are talking about western culture not governments.
Governments do not mirror the cultures of its people?
OK then, people of Western Cultures openly support how to properly beat your wife, cuts off hands and feet of children for stealing a slice of bread, stoning to death your daughter for being raped and disgracing the family, strap bombs on 5 year olds, firing missiles at cities in the hope of killing as many civilians as possible.
You arest too smart for me.
Which cultures support these acts ?
He is just being silly because he has failed to make his point. Its just an attempt at distracting people. Its an old but easily spotted debating tactic of the weak.

Forum List

Back