Are queer weddings a sin?

Ladies and gentlemen...our nation is ph uked up. It does not matter what you believe in or not. We have far left extremist views against religious evangelicals. It can not stay this way. Someone is going to get bit. Ten years, twenty years or even more. I would believe there would be time for foundation to build but the taxes and receipts are rising every year faster then total domestic national product. And the official deficit just with the federal level is a trillion dollars a year. If this was many decades ago before we began massive spending on everything then we could absorb the changes without any issues. Something will happen at some point. Many different avenues of direction. But most not to good.

We've always had normal correct thinking people vs. religious evangelicals.

Which explains why California is such a paradise.

It is none of my business whether it is a sin or not. My actions are my business. I would not attend or participate in a same sex wedding in any capacity because that would be a sin.
OIP.16RjnylPHa6MFRFUeS5gvgHaE5
upload_2020-1-28_16-59-34.jpeg
OIP.V6T9pbSaXN4fls04zF3qOAHaFC

So before we get started I need you to answer two questions- because they are essential
a) Are you against incestuous marriage?
b) If you are- why are you against incestuous marriage?

LOL You never "get started" in answering a question put to you. But as to answering your questions:
a) I am against destructive health practices, especially if it can harm others. Since "incestuous marriage" connotes procreation with harmful genetic effects on the offspring, I am against it.
b) See above.

Now will YOU "name one argument for gay marriage that wouldn't apply to marriage between close relatives?"

Back to the question then '
"name one argument for gay marriage that wouldn't apply to incestuous marriage"

So the same reasons why a brother shouldn't be marrying his infertile sister, is the same reason why a brother should not be marrying his little brother.

First of all a little description of marriage.

"Marriage is a coming together for better or for worse, hopefully enduring, and intimate to the degree of being sacred," Justice William O. Douglas argued. "It is an association that promotes a way of life, not causes; a harmony in living, not political faiths; a bilateral loyalty, not commercial or social projects. Yet it is an association for as noble a purpose as any involved in our prior decisions."

Marriage is not just about procreation. If it was just about procreation then infertile couples would not be allowed to marry.
Nor are the prohibitions against incestuous marriage just about preventing birth defects. One state's law(I forget which) forbids marriages between a brother and sister regardless, but allows the marriage of first cousins- if they can prove that they are infertile.

So the law can recognize when an infertile couple are okay to marry- and when a couple- fertile or infertile- cannot marry.

So why the prohibition on a father marrying his infertile daughter or a brother marrying his infertile sister?

On the one hand there is the same argument against gay marriage- the 'ick factor'. But most of us recognize that the 'ick factor' is totally subjective and not a real rational to exclude someone from Constitutionally protected right of marriage.

The real reason that all incestuous marriages between a parent and a child, or two siblings is in place is because of the potential for imbalance of power making it so that the marriage is not one with full consent from one party. This is similar in ways to why there are laws against doctors dating their patients- again the imbalance of power.

A same gender couple of unrelated persons has no more of a risk of a power imbalance than a opposite gender couple of unrelated persons. An incestuous couple may truly want that 'coming together for better for worse' but society has deemed that the risk of abuse within that relationship is too high.

I believe queer weddings are a sin. What are your thoughts?

Sure. And no Christian should be involved in such a thing.

But a belief in religion makes one delusional.

Thanks!

I agree with completely. That's exactly why Christians have such a hard time knowing which bathroom to use.....

bathrooms-solved-750.jpg

And that has what to do with marriage-exactly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe queer weddings are a sin. What are your thoughts?

Sure. And no Christian should be involved in such a thing.

But a belief in religion makes one delusional.

Thanks!

I agree with completely. That's exactly why Christians have such a hard time knowing which bathroom to use.....

bathrooms-solved-750.jpg

And that has what to do with marriage-exactly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The same thing that saying believing in a religion makes one delusional, has to do with marriage.

If you are going to ask me why I'm responding with something off topic, then also ask the person who said what I was responding to, that was off topic.

I'm going to reply to what is said. That's how discussions work.

Good for you. Keep your religion out of politics. They have the right to marry and divorce like everyone else.
I am familiar with laws and rights. I am aware of laws that allow queers to legally experience the legal aspects of a real wedding, even though it is not a real wedding. But I have not seen anything in the bill of rights that says queers have the right to get married.

I see you avoided the topic of the opening post, so I will ask again. Do you think it is a sin for queers to marry?

Since I don't believe in any fairies in the sky- let alone the ones looking done and telling their followers they will be tortured for eternity if they aren't for gun rights- no I don't think any marriage is a sin.

If you want to know about the marriage rights of Americans, I suggest you start by reading the Supreme Court cases of Loving v. Virginia, Turner, Zabloski, and Obergefell.

Ladies and gentlemen...our nation is ph uked up. It does not matter what you believe in or not. We have far left extremist views against religious evangelicals. It can not stay this way. Someone is going to get bit. Ten years, twenty years or even more. I would believe there would be time for foundation to build but the taxes and receipts are rising every year faster then total domestic national product. And the official deficit just with the federal level is a trillion dollars a year. If this was many decades ago before we began massive spending on everything then we could absorb the changes without any issues. Something will happen at some point. Many different avenues of direction. But most not to good.

Oh it really doesn't- but yes compared to most of the United States- California is a paradise.
A damn expensive paradise but a pretty wonderful paradise with beaches and deserts, mountains and redwood forests.

We probably disagree on many things, but I agree the deficit is too high and growing too fast.

Is that related to the extremes of the far left and far right? Maybe. The mottos of both extremes are 'no to any compromise'- pretty hard to reduce spending without some kind of compromise.

Oh it really doesn't- but yes compared to most of the United States- California is a paradise.
A damn expensive paradise but a pretty wonderful paradise with beaches and deserts, mountains and redwood forests.
California has some nice places. But in many areas getting from point A to point B is an issue. Just one of some underlying ones.

It is none of my business whether it is a sin or not. My actions are my business. I would not attend or participate in a same sex wedding in any capacity because that would be a sin.

If Trump divorced and remarried- would you attend his wedding?

California has some nice places. But in many areas getting from point A to point B is an issue. Just one of some underlying ones.

Yeah traffic in the most populated areas is not a Paradise.

Would you march around with a God Hates Fags sign?
Not unless God told me personally that He hates fags.

Talking to God again? Time to get the meds refilled!
Is that what you heard? You are the one that needs a refill.

If Trump divorced and remarried- would you attend his wedding?

Would it be to another communist whore?

While I have no problem calling Trump himself any name you want, I am against insulting any First Lady.

I was against it when it was done to Michelle, against it being done to Melania.

I believe that its wrong to leave people out and sadly whenever a homosexual couple is in front of you, there is always going to be one gender that is missing from the picture.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

I believe that its wrong to leave people out and sadly whenever a homosexual couple is in front of you, there is always going to be one gender that is missing from the picture.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

You do realize that in any marriage- everyone except for the couple is 'left out'.

Why leave gay couples out of marriage?

Forum List

Back