Are progressives actually open-minded?

Are you??? You seem to spend a hell of a lot of time being closed minded and fighting for the 18th century.
What you call "closed-minded" - educated, rational people call "lawful". We have a U.S. Constitution. It is the law of the land. Nobody cares that you don't like it.

Progressives claim to be "open-minded" but over the past decade or so, all evidence to the contrary.
Of course not, they're terribly intolerant. And to be fair, it's been a while since I saw any of them claiming to be open-minded.

One of the many behavioral similarities they share with their friends on the Right.
Dear Mac1958
1. I'm one of the few people identifying as both Progressive Democrat and Constitutionalist who believes in defending political and religious beliefs equally without exclusion coercion or discrimination.

2. Most ppl like me remain quiet behind scenes and don't impose. It's hard to find people willing to speak out or push publicly who by that nature tend to be biased for or against certain sides.

So of course the most vocal and visible tend to be the biased big mouths.

I find more of the open inclusive types behind the scenes among Greens and also Libertarians who align on key areas of progressive reform

3. Again of the vocal and visible people willing to accommodate other views the Constitionalists who respect religious freedom and due process, and the Christian who have faith in truth and in people to arrive at truth by free will and informed consent without imposing laws fanatically have more of this "faith" instead of relying on party or govt to "force" things politically.

The faith in consensus by resolving conflicts is a major key in how much people include or exclude others.

I find the fear factor is based on forgiveness. So the level of forgiveness correlates with inclusion and ability to resolve conflicts without forcing anyone to change their beliefs. And the level of unforgiven ess correlates with fear and rejection and failure to resolve conflicts out of fear of coercion and bullying to force one side over the other.

Im keeping an open mind. I clearly believe he is wrong for a lot of reasons but I/we really don't have a choice so now let's see what results your policies produce.

And I wouldnt mind trump so much if the Democrats controlled the Senate. It's all the right wing policies that are going to be passed that bother me. But I'm keeping an open mind. Really doesn't matter if I do. All that matters are the results
Really Sealy? You're keeping an "open-mind"? In every thread you've called the American people "idiots", "assholes", and "racists" for electing Trump.

Are you??? You seem to spend a hell of a lot of time being closed minded and fighting for the 18th century.
What you call "closed-minded" - educated, rational people call "lawful". We have a U.S. Constitution. It is the law of the land. Nobody cares that you don't like it.
Dear P@triot Matthew
As a progressive Constituionalist I include people's Political Beliefs
Under Religious Freedom,.
Equal protection of laws
And no discrimination by creed.

If Matthew does not believe
In the Constitution the same way
Then neither side should force their
Beliefs or interpretations on others!

The problem is when Obama Matthew and others DO impose their bias through govt and violate the equal Constitutional beliefs of half the nation protesting that those laws or rulings violate states rights or Constituional limits.

So it goes both ways P@triot

If I'm going to argue that Statists can't bypass beliefs of others about Constituional limits, it makes sense that neither can Constitutionalists like us can't impose our beliefs

We can both defend our beliefs from.imposition by the others.

But neither side can impose their beliefs, these must remain free choice.
That is just natural law.

Progressives claim to be "open-minded" but over the past decade or so, all evidence to the contrary.
Naw, progressives are completely "open-minded" as long as you agree with everything they say, think or feel.

"Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." -- William F. Buckley, Jr.

Im keeping an open mind. I clearly believe he is wrong for a lot of reasons but I/we really don't have a choice so now let's see what results your policies produce.

And I wouldnt mind trump so much if the Democrats controlled the Senate. It's all the right wing policies that are going to be passed that bother me. But I'm keeping an open mind. Really doesn't matter if I do. All that matters are the results
Really Sealy? You're keeping an "open-mind"? In every thread you've called the American people "idiots", "assholes", and "racists" for electing Trump.
Yes sealybobo is one who tries.
May not always succeed but sincerely tries! P@triot

Keep your eye on those results. The media will be trying to distract you.
There's a couple or few righties I like on usmb. You are one of them. Happy Thanksgiving

Naw, progressives are completely "open-minded" as long as you agree with everything they say, think or feel.

"Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." -- William F. Buckley, Jr.
Our society is becoming more selfish and stupid. That's why cons won.

Look at your beloved Russia. How are the citizens there doing? Yet they love Putin. You're basically a dumb Russia.

Don't worry about me arguing. I really am keeping an open mind. Last night I went off at the dinner table about how none of the GOP policies are going to hurt me and how if the poor don't care enough to vote why should I care about them

As long as trump gives workers a seat at the table I'm open to trying things your way.

Only I'm hoping trump isn't a dope like bush was. Either a dope or didn't care about the middle class.

The rich called fdr a traitor to his class. From some of the things trump said they should be calling him that too eventually

Look at your beloved Russia. How are the citizens there doing? Yet they love Putin. You're basically a dumb Russia.
Dear sealybobo
The liberal Democrats were equally selfish in projecting and imposing beliefs through federal government from right to health care and right to marriage that violated states rights.

You can't claim to be prochoice and for separating beliefs from govt, then pass laws and impose rulings that violate free choice of individuals who don't share these same political beliefs.

That is contradictory.

Remember that DOMA was passed by Clinton and endorsed by both Bill and Hillary Clinton although it was unconstitutional.

Totally contradictory, Democrats brought this on with their own abuse of party media and corporate ties to push agenda through govt that is biased by political beliefs and not Constitutional!

I rest my case. This liberal wrote an article about how his side calls anyone who doesn't vote for their candidates "racist" and "stupid". Sealy's first post says she is "open-minded". Her second posts says "society is stupid" for not voting for Hillary.

Folks...you can't make this stuff up. I'm 100% convinced now that Sealy needs meds. There is a serious mental health issue there. Anyone who can contradict themselves that quick is not sane.

Dear sealybobo
The liberal Democrats were equally selfish in projecting and imposing beliefs through federal government from right to health care and right to marriage that violated states rights.

You can't claim to be prochoice and for separating beliefs from govt, then pass laws and impose rulings that violate free choice of individuals who don't share these same political beliefs.

That is contradictory.

Remember that DOMA was passed by Clinton and endorsed by both Bill and Hillary Clinton although it was unconstitutional.

Totally contradictory, Democrats brought this on with their own abuse of party media and corporate ties to push agenda through govt that is biased by political beliefs and not Constitutional!
Affordable Healthcare should be a right.

LOL, Ah yes! a pratical demonstration of the "open-mindedness" of progressives. This is why you smug, arrogant Nimrods just lost and will continue to lose, if you keep saying that Americans are "selfish and stupid" do you think they there going to vote for the politicians and policies you support?

Keep working on getting that increasing share of shrinking market, let me know how it works out for you in 2018 and beyond, K?

Danger Will Robinson.....STRAW MAN DEFLECTION ALERT!!!!... I never even brought up the subject of Russia, so you have no idea what my opinions about Russia or Russians are, nor are they germane to the topic at hand.

I rest my case. This liberal wrote an article about how his side calls anyone who doesn't vote for their candidates "racist" and "stupid". Sealy's first post says she is "open-minded". Her second posts says "society is stupid" for not voting for Hillary.

Folks...you can't make this stuff up. I'm 100% convinced now that Sealy needs meds. There is a serious mental health issue there. Anyone who can contradict themselves that quick is not sane.
I can't help but think you are greedy stupid and wrong. Rather than cry why don't you prove me wrong? Don't talk, DO

LOL, Ah yes! a pratical demonstration of the "open-mindedness" of progressives. This is why you smug, arrogant Nimrods just lost and will continue to lose, if you keep saying that Americans are "selfish and stupid" do you think they there going to vote for the politicians and policies you support?

Keep working on getting that increasing share of shrinking market, let me know how it works out for you in 2018 and beyond, K?

Danger Will Robinson.....STRAW MAN DEFLECTION ALERT!!!!... I never even brought up the subject of Russia, so you have no idea what my opinions about Russia or Russians are, nor are they germane to the topic at hand.
Just produce positive results OK? Don't be like poor Russians who love Putin no matter how shitty their lives get.

Now is the time to show me and stop talking. You won the election. Seems like I'm getting over it but not you

Dear sealybobo

That is contradictory.

It isn't a right, never was, never will be and anybody that thinks it is or should be has no understanding regarding the concept of rights.

The only time health care is a right is when you can provide it for yourself, otherwise it's known as "goods and services" and those are things you need to earn.

Just produce positive results OK? Don't be like poor Russians who love Putin no matter how shitty their lives get.
You seem to be obsessed with the Russians, I wonder why? might it have something to do with the fact that their government is already as authoritarian as you want to make ours? The Russkies honing in on your turf upsetting you and your ilk?

Now is the time to show me and stop talking. You won the election. Seems like I'm getting over it but not you
I didn't "win" the election you fucking retard, just because I don't agree with your collectivist, authoritarian view of the world doesn't mean I agree with or support the Republican collectivist, authoritarian view of the world.

Apparently you didn't get the memo that there are people in the world that don't buy into the Democrat/Republican two-party kleptocracy.

IMG_2712.JPG

Dear sealybobo

That is contradictory.

It isn't a right, never was, never will be and anybody that thinks it is or should be has no understanding regarding the concept of rights.

The only time health care is a right is when you can provide it for yourself, otherwise it's known as "goods and services" and those are things you need to earn.
I disagree. Remember those pharma companies who overcharged? Poor people couldn't afford their products? Why did the company lower the price of epipen? Why did people complain epipens were too expensive.

Then I would also guess you're OK with denying people who have pre existing conditions?

And I bet you also think public schools should be ended and only people who want to and can afford an education should get one. Is that right? An education isn't a right either?

You seem to be obsessed with the Russians, I wonder why? might it have something to do with the fact that their government is already as authoritarian as you want to make ours? The Russkies honing in on your turf upsetting you and your ilk?

I didn't "win" the election you fucking retard, just because I don't agree with your collectivist, authoritarian view of the world doesn't mean I agree with or support the Republican collectivist, authoritarian view of the world.

Apparently you didn't get the memo that there are people in the world that don't buy into the Democrat/Republican two-party kleptocracy.
Oh boy! Am I talking to a libertarian?

Forum List

Back