Are progressives actually open-minded?

The income and other taxes are not a form of robbery, or anything illegal. Taxes are in COTUS, and are legal. So stop echoing the RW Bullshit / meme and try to be rational.

A balanced budget amendment is foolish, for only fools do not understand a budget, every budget, is only a plan. That may be too abstract for the brainwashed, but all of what I've written above is true and factual.

Do you have any knowledge at all of why our Revolutionary War stared?
Over taxing, too many regulations and no representation.

NYC thinks it was a "non-religious jihad against the non-religious" or something like that.

No, it doesn't make sense when he says it either.
Dear koshergrl and NYcarbineer
What did the term nonreligious jihad mean-- the Genocide against Native Americans to take over land by force?

Because PurpleOwl criticized this similarly AS a religious crusade based on Manifest Destiny.

Are you saying it was Secular politics and not church based religious?

PO argues it was religious

Are you talking about Native American Genocide as a Jihad ? Or enslavement of Africans as property bought and sold by banks as part of the mortgage?

A jihad is a war against non-believers.

The American Revolution was a war against non-believers.

Gosh you are an ignorant 'tard. The American Revolution was rejection of over reaching, and over powerful GOVERNMENT. Read a book you moron.

Which in no way contradicts what I said.

NYC thinks it was a "non-religious jihad against the non-religious" or something like that.

What did the term nonreligious jihad mean-- the Genocide against Native Americans to take over land by force?

Because PurpleOwl criticized this similarly AS a religious crusade based on Manifest Destiny.

Are you talking about Native American Genocide as a Jihad ? Or enslavement of Africans as property bought and sold by banks as part of the mortgage?

Gosh you are an ignorant 'tard. The American Revolution was rejection of over reaching, and over powerful GOVERNMENT. Read a book you moron.

Which in no way contradicts what I said.

Yes, it does. You imply a religious based cause. It was the exact opposite.

That's nice, however none of what you posted has anything to do with the concept of RIGHTS.

It's immoral for me to put a gun to your head and force you to pay for something that I want or need, it's no less immoral for government (or the majority) to do the same thing, both scenarios are violations of your rights as a human being, it's essentially turning you into a slave for whatever period of time was required for you to earn the money that is being taken from you by force.

The reason people advocate using government force to make people pay for XYZ (or do XYZ) is because their arguments aren't sound enough or persuasive enough to get people to do it voluntarily, which explains why generally speaking when the government issues "mandates" along with "promised benefits" you can always count on the getting exactly the opposite of the "promised benefits"; if the benefits are so good and the costs are justified why the hell do you have to use FORCE to get people to go along with it?

The income and other taxes are not a form of robbery, or anything illegal. Taxes are in COTUS, and are legal. So stop echoing the RW Bullshit / meme and try to be rational.

A balanced budget amendment is foolish, for only fools do not understand a budget, every budget, is only a plan. That may be too abstract for the brainwashed, but all of what I've written above is true and factual.

Actually, it was a war against you tyrants....

That's nice, however none of what you posted has anything to do with the concept of RIGHTS.

It's immoral for me to put a gun to your head and force you to pay for something that I want or need, it's no less immoral for government (or the majority) to do the same thing, both scenarios are violations of your rights as a human being, it's essentially turning you into a slave for whatever period of time was required for you to earn the money that is being taken from you by force.

The reason people advocate using government force to make people pay for XYZ (or do XYZ) is because their arguments aren't sound enough or persuasive enough to get people to do it voluntarily, which explains why generally speaking when the government issues "mandates" along with "promised benefits" you can always count on the getting exactly the opposite of the "promised benefits"; if the benefits are so good and the costs are justified why the hell do you have to use FORCE to get people to go along with it?

Dear NYcarbineer
0. First personal apologies to Muslims who reserve jihad to mean an internal struggle for peace by adhering to what is right and not losing to pressures to do wrong. This reply isn't about that spiritual meaning of Jihad, but uses jihad to mean political/religious holy war which isn't how Muslims teach it.

1. For what YOU mean by Jihad, there were believers on both sides of the War. Americans fought against Americans. Rebels against the Crown were considered the lawless criminals in the wrong. Both sides fought for what they believed as enforcing laws of what is right and just over what is wrong.

2. Revolutionaries weren't fighting to win by terrorizing innocent women and children.

They would fight against the British and also British spies, traitors and sympathizers who were now the enemy.

This was NOT to commit mass genocide and wipe out the British population to take over.

The Revolutionaries did not kidnap and rape British to control their populations.

3. If you notice, after America won the war for independence from Britain they set up agreements to RESPECT each other's sovereign nations. They went to war again, but again the war was ended with agreements on terms.

It was NOT to wipe out and take over control!

Are these points clear enough to distinguish the difference?

Too simple?

How would you clarify and explain why you compare Am Rev War with Jihad holy war?

Who insisted they had the authority and the right to take our resources and exploit our citizens from a distance.

In other words, they were the direct ideological ancestors of today's elitist urbanite progressives.

Dear NYcarbineer
0. First personal apologies to Muslims who reserve jihad to mean an internal struggle for peace by adhering to what is right and not losing to pressures to do wrong. This isn't about that meaning of Jihad but to mean religious holy war which isn't how Muslims teach it.

1. For what YOU mean by Jihad, there were believers on both sides of the War. Americans fought against Americans. Rebels against the Crown were considered the lawless criminals in the wrong. Both sides fought for what they believed as enforcing laws of what is right and just over what is wrong.

2. Revolutionaries weren't fighting to win by terrorizing innocent women and children.

They would fight against the British and also British spies, traitors and sympathizers who were now the enemy.

This was NOT to commit mass genocide and wipe out the British population to take over.

The Revolutionaries did not kidnap and rape British to control their populations.

3. If you notice, after America won the war for independence from Britain they set up agreements to RESPECT each other's sovereign nations. They went to war again, but again the war was ended with agreements on terms.

It was NOT to wipe out and take over control!

Are these points clear enough to distinguish the difference?

Too simple?

How would you clarify and explain why you compare Rev War with Jihad holy war?
He can't explain what he knows nothing about. This muddleheaded ding dong has no idea what the hell he's saying. He's just blabbering whatever comes to mind.

Where's my minimum food? If there are jobs out there and you can't get one how long do we give you free food? Republicans are saying get off the food stamps! And don't have kids you can't afford. All these murderers are coming from poor areas and fatherless young men. No doubt fed by foodstamps. Stop having these kids unless you can afford them. Stop it! Us liberals need to take a look at what we are defending here. And we're going to try it there way. If you break your arm you're going to owe the money to the hospital.
That's a great post Sealy. But here is the saddest part about it all:

The left has completely destroyed this country (divided it, run up $20 trillion in debt, etc.) by demanding that government engage in illegal activities to support an ideology which can easily be achieved in the free market.

If progressives like Wry Catcher and Pogo weren't so selfish, greedy, and lazy, they could easily create foundations that would feed the hungry, provide healthcare for the sick, and house the homeless - all without any resistance from anyone. In fact, conservatives would join their efforts. Nobody could complain. Nobody could block their efforts. Nobody could reverse their progress.

I look at it this way. Take for example a prisoner. I want them rehabilitated. I want to help the mothers of these young men so they don't become criminals, yada yada etc etc.

But none of the things I've been suggesting are lowering the crime rate. Perhaps the only solution is that she shouldn't have had the child in the first place. And why are you forced to pay for programs you don't agree with and don't work?

Progressives claim to be "open-minded" but over the past decade or so, all evidence to the contrary. That is, until I came across this article from a homosexual muslim immigrant named Riaz Patel. He illustrated a true open-mind. I wonder how many progressives on USMB would even be willing to read what he has to say with an open-mind, much less do what he actually did. What about it sealybobo, candycorn, Slade3200, and jillian? Can you click the link below and read the entire (short) article from a fellow Hillary-supporting progressive with an open-mind?
  • There exists a HUGE population in America who are desperately struggling to feed their families.
  • They feel their needs are not authentically represented within this huge government.
  • They feel their concerns are not being voiced by any major news outlet.
  • They are tired of being called “dumb,” “bigoted” and “racist.”
  • On my flight back, I realized that for many of us supporting Hillary, this election was about incredibly important social issues. It was a moral election for us. To most of the people I met on my trip, it was about survival. Literally.
  • So when I read Facebook/Twitter posts this morning vilifying 50% of the country for being dumb or racist, I remember Nicole, Jim & Paula and I know that’s not true.
What a gay muslim Pakistani-american immigrant learned traveling to Alaska
I'll be the first admit that I'm not in touch with the bleeding Americans that are fighting for survival. I am fortunate enough to be able to go to work, provide for my family, enjoy my house, car, watch my TV at night, and fiddle around on a laptop and smartphone during my free time. Not exactly the hardest of lives. I remember 2008 and how hard it was for so many, with the housing crash and the high unemployment, it was real bad and I felt it everywhere that I went. I understand that things may still be bad or maybe even worse for some people outside my bubble, I just personally haven't seen it.

To me I think this campaign was more a combination of Trump and the GOP branding Clinton as a criminal and highlighting how bad things are in American politics. I think some points had truth but most were grossly overstated and often misrepresented. I see interviews with people who voted for Trump and I hear almost all of them say Clinton is crooked and we want change in Washington. I think the trust factor was more important than ever, and Trump, with his hard ass brash style came off as the straight shooting change maker.

I personally didn't buy it and think that he was way more dishonest and full of shit than most politicians and didn't feel that he had enough character or integrity for the job. I wasn't excited about Clinton. I saw her as smart and capable but also shady and uncreative, plus I wasn't onboard with growing the government more.

It was a tough election and I'm not going to discount anybodies reasons for voting how they did. There are just too many people who voted for different reasons to stick a generalized label on them. I personally didn't vote for either of them.

I wish Trump luck and really hope that he finds success and improves the lives of Americans. I just really need him to grow up and start handling adversity with some class and integrity instead of the thin skinned bullying retorts that he is known for. Time for him to act like the leader of the free world

Progressives claim to be "open-minded" but over the past decade or so, all evidence to the contrary. That is, until I came across this article from a homosexual muslim immigrant named Riaz Patel. He illustrated a true open-mind. I wonder how many progressives on USMB would even be willing to read what he has to say with an open-mind, much less do what he actually did. What about it sealybobo, candycorn, Slade3200, and jillian? Can you click the link below and read the entire (short) article from a fellow Hillary-supporting progressive with an open-mind?
  • There exists a HUGE population in America who are desperately struggling to feed their families.
  • They feel their needs are not authentically represented within this huge government.
  • They feel their concerns are not being voiced by any major news outlet.
  • They are tired of being called “dumb,” “bigoted” and “racist.”
  • On my flight back, I realized that for many of us supporting Hillary, this election was about incredibly important social issues. It was a moral election for us. To most of the people I met on my trip, it was about survival. Literally.
  • So when I read Facebook/Twitter posts this morning vilifying 50% of the country for being dumb or racist, I remember Nicole, Jim & Paula and I know that’s not true.
What a gay muslim Pakistani-american immigrant learned traveling to Alaska
I'll be the first admit that I'm not in touch with the bleeding Americans that are fighting for survival. I am fortunate enough to be able to go to work, provide for my family, enjoy my house, car, watch my TV at night, and fiddle around on a laptop and smartphone during my free time. Not exactly the hardest of lives. I remember 2008 and how hard it was for so many, with the housing crash and the high unemployment, it was real bad and I felt it everywhere that I went. I understand that things may still be bad or maybe even worse for some people outside my bubble, I just personally haven't seen it.

To me I think this campaign was more a combination of Trump and the GOP branding Clinton as a criminal and highlighting how bad things are in American politics. I think some points had truth but most were grossly overstated and often misrepresented. I see interviews with people who voted for Trump and I hear almost all of them say Clinton is crooked and we want change in Washington. I think the trust factor was more important than ever, and Trump, with his hard ass brash style came off as the straight shooting change maker.

I personally didn't buy it and think that he was way more dishonest and full of shit than most politicians and didn't feel that he had enough character or integrity for the job. I wasn't excited about Clinton. I saw her as smart and capable but also shady and uncreative, plus I wasn't onboard with growing the government more.

It was a tough election and I'm not going to discount anybodies reasons for voting how they did. There are just too many people who voted for different reasons to stick a generalized label on them. I personally didn't vote for either of them.

I wish Trump luck and really hope that he finds success and improves the lives of Americans. I just really need him to grow up and start handling adversity with some class and integrity instead of the thin skinned bullying retorts that he is known for. Time for him to act like the leader of the free world
The left would do well to learn from you Slade. Attacking Trump is fine (hell, I do it). But progressives calling all of America that doesn't vote with them "racist" and "ignorant" has pissed off the masses and lit a fire under their ass. They really need to reverse course on that nonsense and do damage control.

lol, maybe you ought to read a book. COTUS made sure the government established as a result of its victory over a King, who had absolute power, would never govern the United States. To suggest we have gone down that road is at the very best hyperbole, and your post was far from best.

lol, maybe you ought to read a book. COTUS made sure the government established as a result of its victory over a King, who had absolute power, would never govern the United States. To suggest we have gone down that road is at the very best hyperbole, and your post was far from best.
To suggest that we haven't is an astounding level of ignorance that could only come from a progressive. :eusa_doh:

Who insisted they had the authority and the right to take our resources and exploit our citizens from a distance.

In other words, they were the direct ideological ancestors of today's elitist urbanite progressives.
Close koshergrl
At this point both left and right accuse the other of dominating for control.
Both parties see themselves as fighting to defend what are natural rights from imposition by the Beliefs of the other.

Thus they are equally right and wrong at the same time!

Forum List

Back