Are Corporations People ?

Picnics have rights?
14th Amendment, Santa Clara County v. Southern Pacific "persons" are not people, they're "persons".....Big difference.

What's that have to do with picnics.

In any case..Not every decision handed down from the courts is a good one..

Dred Scott - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Korematsu v. United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Plessy v. Ferguson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

These libs have been listening to Rachel Maddow--I am watching it now.

So--I am an S-corporation--small business electrical contractor--been in business for over 30 years--employed over 100 electricians--with good jobs--and I want one you LIBERALS TO come up to me--and tell me I didn't earn the money.

And then I'll shove the tax stick right up your own freakin asses--you lazy- whiny---worthless pieces of crap--whom refer to yourselves as liberal.

Last edited:
So just so I am sure I have this right.

Liberals think People can pool their money together in Unions and Make Huge Political Donations, But the Stock holders of Cooperation's could not be able to do the same?

Under the new SCOTUS ruling, that same CEO ALONG WITH CONSENSUS OF HIS BOARD OF TRUSTEES AND MANAGEMENT can now have the Corporation THEY RUN to do exactly what they as individuals are prohibited to do.

And if what they do, is contrary to what the stock holders think is in the Companies best interests they wont be there long.

Hell in many cases Stock holders have more power over things, than members of unions do.

Why is it ok for the leadership of Unions to do exactly what you are saying is not ok for the leaders of a cooperation to do?

What is the difference.

Because of the job my wife does, She was forced to be a member of the SEIU. Forced to pay dues, and has ABSOLUTELY no say, or control over who the SEIU donates to. NONE, Nor does she have any say in who Runs the SEIU. Hell as I said she did not even have any say in whether she was in the Union or not. Stockholders have to choose to but stock, and can choose to sell it if they don't like what the company does with the money. Many people in unions never had the same choice.

What's with this double standard?

Last edited:
14th Amendment, Santa Clara County v. Southern Pacific "persons" are not people, they're "persons".....Big difference.

So--I am an S-corporation--small business electrical contractor--been in business for over 30 years--employed over 100 electricians--with good jobs--and I want one you LIBERALS TO come up to me--and tell me I didn't earn the money.

And then I'll shove the tax stick right up your own freakin asses--you lazy- whiny---worthless pieces of crap--whom refer to yourselves as liberal.

Well not nice to threaten people..doncha know.

:lol:

Well not nice to threaten people..doncha know.

:lol:

I don't give a shit--about you whiners. You have threatened me--a small minut--business owner (S corporation) that actually employs licensed electricians--good--high paying jobs--and after 30 years of your bull shit--'corporations are evil" FUCK YOU--dumb ass.

You elected a freaking Dumb Ass that represents your beliefs and look where the freaking economy is right now. Guaranteed millions of other small busness'es in this country are saying FUCK YOU and your Messiah too.

Last edited:

Liberals think People can pool their money together in Unions and Make Huge Political Donations, But the Stock holders of Cooperation's could not be able to do the same?

You have it wrong: unions would have a VOTE as to how their money is used. Corporations use the money accrued by the labor of their workers, who have no vote.
Until the recent Citizens United decision by SCOTUS, unions were NOT considered as individual human beings with regards to campaign contributions, and could not act as such.

But if you want to ban BOTH from being recognized as "people" when it comes to campaign contributions, then I'm all for that.

You have it wrong: unions would have a VOTE as to how their money is used. Corporations use the money accrued by the labor of their workers, who have no vote.
Until the recent Citizens United decision by SCOTUS, unions were NOT considered as individual human beings with regards to campaign contributions, and could not act as such.

But if you want to ban BOTH from being recognized as "people" when it comes to campaign contributions, then I'm all for that.

You freakin libtards are at it again. A UNION member has no choice as to which party his union dues go for a contribution. WTF--are you that freakin DENSE!

$Unions funding into the democrat party.jpg

Here's your list of YOUR union dues going to the democrat party.

Under the new SCOTUS ruling, that same CEO ALONG WITH CONSENSUS OF HIS BOARD OF TRUSTEES AND MANAGEMENT can now have the Corporation THEY RUN to do exactly what they as individuals are prohibited to do.

And if what they do, is contrary to what the stock holders think is in the Companies best interests they wont be there long.

Ahhh, but what of the workers, Chuck? It is the fruits of their labor that give the corporation it's largesse, and they have NO say in such matters. And do stockholders have voter sway on ALL decisions by the Board and the CEO(s)? And again, how can individuals on one had be forbidden to use company profits for personal political expenidture, but then magically be granted that right by turning a piece of paper (the corporation) into a human being with Constitutional Rights?

Hell in many cases Stock holders have more power over things, than members of unions do.

Hell, in many cases they don't...because Unions have a direct up/down consensus, while the stockholders and the Board don't always see eye to eye...ESPECIALLY IF YOUR STOCK ISN'T ALL THAT MUCH.

Why is it ok for the leadership of Unions to do exactly what you are saying is not ok for the leaders of a cooperation to do?

Who says it is? Because last time I checked Unions were NOT granted "citizenship" status and were NOT allowed to be treated as such regarding campaign finance. If you have proof otherwise, then please produce it.

What is the difference.

See above responses.

Because of the job my wife does, She was forced to be a member of the SEIU. Forced to pay dues, and has ABSOLUTELY no say, or control over who the SEIU donates to. NONE, Nor does she have any say in who Runs the SEIU. Hell as I said she did not even have any say in whether she was in the Union or not. Stockholders have to choose to but stock, and can choose to sell it if they don't like what the company does with the money. Many people in unions never had the same choice.

What's with this double standard?

With all due respect, your wife needs to read up on the union that she was "forced" to join an pay dues so she'll know how to get involved more. I got this with just an easy google on the first shot:

Constitution and Bylaws
Resources for SEIU Members

Bottom line: your comparison of a corporation to a union is bogus, because a union is about the workers memberships, while the corporations management and stockholders PROHIBIT worker regarding the subject at hand.

You freakin libtards are at it again. A UNION member has no choice as to which party his union dues go for a contribution. WTF--are you that freakin DENSE!

View attachment 14663

What you've done is show a chart that shows unions contributing to Democrats.

So what? YOU PROVIDE NO INFORMATION TO BACK UP YOUR CLAIM THAT A UNION MEMBER HAS "NO CHOICE"....THAT IS AN ASSUMPTION ON YOUR PART.

Obviously, Oreo is working on the premise that a combination of his supposition and conjecture makes up for fact. Here is a little information on a union that I got from the net while answering another joker spouting off about union member input into the decisions of their union

Constitution and Bylaws

A corporation is not a person, it is an entity.

Part of the problem we have today is that corporations are being treated as people and it's allowed them to get too close to the government. It's created a "corporatist" country and it's killing us. Corporations were never meant to be given the same rights as the individual.

Which corporation got the needle for killing over 10,000 people in Bhopal, India?

Substantiate your claims, I don't need to substantiate mine - mine are facts.

What totalitarian Marxist got the needle for murdering 2,000,000 Cambodians in a 4-year span??

What totalitarian Marxist got the needle for murdering 65,000,000 in China over a 25-year span?

What totalitarian Marxist got the needle for murdering 65,000,000 in the USSR over a 12-year span?

You want me to keep going?

What North Vietnamese Marxist dictator regime murdered upwards of 1.3 million people over a span of 40 years??

Wow the evil capitalists eh??

Who said we supported that either? Nice strawman there Nick.

Which corporation got the needle for killing over 10,000 people in Bhopal, India?

What totalitarian Marxist got the needle for murdering 2,000,000 Cambodians in a 4-year span??

What totalitarian Marxist got the needle for murdering 65,000,000 in China over a 25-year span?

What totalitarian Marxist got the needle for murdering 65,000,000 in the USSR over a 12-year span?

What North Vietnamese Marxist dictator regime murdered upwards of 1.3 million people over a span of 40 years??

You just got owned :clap2:

View attachment 14663

You are talking out of your ass. Regular Union dues do not go to campaign donations. They cannot by law. The only funds that go into the campaign coffers are from VOLUNTARY PAC's that the Unions have created. A Union member either joins a PAC and has additional funds(usually a buck or two) taken out of their paychecks every pay period, or they don't. The process is optional and the default position is to NOT belong to it. You have to fill out a separate registration card to belong to it.

You just got owned :clap2:

Who? Me, or Nick?

Corporations are legal entities.

They are legal contrivences granted rights and obligation by the STATE.

Are they people?

No, but they are owned by people.

Now seriously...who ever thought otherwise?

Picnics have rights?

It has to do with picnics in that both they and corporations are free and peaceful associations of people....The point Romney was making.

Pointing out the facts of any given USSC case does not necessarily signal my approval of it.

You really are that thick arnt you, next time have a real doctor put the steel plate in your head.

Well, if we are going to play it that way...

What Capitalist nation killed 100-500k Native Americans?
What Capitalist Nation killed 4000+ Mexicans so that Rick Perry could have his Prayer Meeting?
Which Capitalist "Free" nation allowed slavery for 75 years or so after it was formed?

Ok... I'll wait for the "if you hate it so bad, leave" comments. The thing is, I don't hate this country. I love my country.

But if you are going to sit there and throw bullshit about Marxist dictators out there.. which ABSOLUTELY NONE of us on this board is calling for, hey... then I guess it's time to take a look at the skeletons in our own closet.

I'm taking significant exception to M.Romney's comment that 'Corporations are People!" as I've just seen on CSPAN.

I don't recall any corporations being drafted to serve in Vietnam.

I don't believe that corporations have a right to vote in any civil elections in this country including federal elections.

I'm a little uncertain as to whether 'corporate people' are allowed to bear arms in this country.

May I marry a corporate body, independent of its stated sexual orientation?

Can corporations be deported upon being found to engaged in illegal overseas activities or defrauding the government of this country?

Can a corporation be sentenced to federal or state prison for violating the laws of this country?

For some reason, Mr. Romney is very confused about the nature of people and abstractions about people and should apologize to the people of this country before he is mistaken for another 'silly' Republican who is a token of the corporate citizens he serves.

I suppose that its no wonder that the US now relies on a mercenary armed force (voluntary is a bit of a stretch given the costs and budget requirements, particularly for the Nato generals,etc contributing a couple thousand members combined).

Over half of military support overseas is sub-contracted out to corporations able to deal with the corruption that occurs there. But that's just the military-industrial complex all grown up, despite Eisenhower's warnings so long ago.

Corporations are legal fictions to allow groups of people to avoid individual responsibility for their actions. It seemed like a good idea at the time to encourage business.

Corporate lawyers got more use out of the 14th Amendment than any freed slave or minority.

The dumb motherfuckers that sell Marxist literature at progressive events, the dickheads progressives who walk around in their Che Guevara t-shirts... The morons that keep the "little red book" in their back pocket, the labor unions that run around spewing shit out the naked communist, the fucking progressives that implement authoritarian and collectivist ideas in a individualist nation.

Progressives are either one of two things - Marxists or stupid.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back