Are Corporations People ?

For purposes of the court, corporations are fictitious persons having all the rights, responsibilities and privileges afforded to other persons...in court proceedings.

Gee, I wonder if a corporation can be sued for alimony, or human trafficking or scofflaws....in court proceedings.

I wonder why people have such little interest in this topic. Without corporate personhood, many of our worst problems in this nation would be solved.

You are joking, right?

The problem is not TV ads. The problem is willful ignorance. Solve THAT problem, and our worst problems will be solved.

Only an idiot would believe they need the government to protect them because they are too lazy and lacking in critical thinking to figure shit out for themselves. If people get the sum total of their knowledge on a candidate or an issue from a commercial, the problem is not the commercial!

The only reason those ads work is because they tell people what they want to hear.

You can't legislate willfully stupid people to not be stupid. There's nothing you can do about people whose understanding of a subject is so shallow they think they are clever when they say they never heard of a corporation being drafted to fight in Vietnam.

Last edited:
I wonder why people have such little interest in this topic. Without corporate personhood, many of our worst problems in this nation would be solved.

Good point, we would not have corporate income taxes or double taxation on dividends.

For purposes of the court, corporations are fictitious persons having all the rights, responsibilities and privileges afforded to other persons...in court proceedings.

They also have all the privileges of paying taxes that other business do not have to pay.

I not sure about this but, I recall reading threw
Multinational corporation holding and run some of our
American Corporations and this gets my interest more than
the round and round over a corporation is or isn’t
one but, do they count as people? Can anyone
explain this person, and where are clear records on
the money they have and why
are they anywhere near our hacks? Just to dumb
looking outside the box..
:scared1:

Corporations are "people" my friend. Ask Republicans to explain it to you.

I believe corporations are like unions, churches, and synagogues in that they are shields behind which people can hide from litigation. Corporations are "entities"; they are not referred to as he or she but as it. We do not refer to people as "it". Business men and women need shields to protect them from their victims - be they other companies, corporations, partnerships or the general public. The United States, its 50 states, president, members of congress and supreme court justices are protected by "sovereign immunity" which basically means they cannot be sued in their official capacity. People who form corporations do so for the same reason, protection. Imagine, if "we the people" could sue corrupt politicians for their misdeeds! Imagine, if greedy corporations bent on poisoning or endangering the lives of citizens could have their owners sued or brought up on criminal charges. If you or I tried to poison someone, we would be on trial for murder; if a corporation tries to poison hundreds of thousands by contaminating water, through fracking, for example; they get a slap on the wrist. Why be a person when you can be an entity? Is there anything better than sovereign immunity?

In that I case I propose a solution to this capitalist hell,
We the People all form our own "corporation" backed by all the members and then we use it to gain capital then branch out and try to extend our reach every where. Afterwards we could just pay the politicians to ignore all other corporations and do what the majority of ours wants! Since it would be a Corp it would have shares and each person could only have one share and would have to be willing to never sell it.
But of course people would never agree to help each other, Americans are to Me Me Me!

LOL

As non american own multinational corporations (people). Being able to influence and own most media companies (or corporate persons), to give money to the hack box
notions and ideals that corporations people from out of town. Some non american own multinational corporations (people/person). Corporations make profits and can affect people all over the world. Sometimes fatally right here at home, Us a person!:tongue:

Last edited:
If corporations are people then they should only get their personal exemption and dependents. None of this expenses crap.

If corporations are people then they should only get their personal exemption and dependents. None of this expenses crap.

Except corporations are not a person.

A tree has things in common with a rock. But a tree is not a rock.

Are you serious?

Increase the risk for opening a business, so only the larger ones can exist.

Yup that will get the economy moving.

Are you serious?

Increase the risk for opening a business, so only the larger ones can exist.

Yup that will get the economy moving.

Well, if YOU endorse this "corporations are people" crap, then it's YOU who are increasing the risk for opening a business, so only the larger ones can exist.

Citizens United over stepped it's original contention...which was ownership and rights of for advertisement on a syndicated network (I believe). If a corporation is a person, can it be sued for alimony, bigamy, rape? Who pays for it's hospitalization?:razz:

Corporate personhood is a nice scam because it allows investors to hide behind an entity who is legally responsible for their actions. Problem is, this "person" doesn't really exist. And even though it can't vote, it can hire lobbyists to influence elections, candidates, and laws. Insidious, really. And people actually defend this.

Forum List

Back