Are Climate Change Deniers Immoral?

YES.

Not the dumb RWs. They're just doing what they're told, following orders from their owners.

But, the businesses who rape the planet for money, knowing they are dooming their own children and grandchildren to a life of misery - that's immoral.
"The land that the Lord your God cares for. The eyes of the Lord your God are always upon it, from the beginning of the year until the end of the year."
Deuteronomy 11:12
God blessed them and said to them, "Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground."
God pretty much is saying, do as you want it is yours.
That would be the immoral interpretation. The moral interpretation is that God has made us responsible to take care of his creations.
"Subdue" the Earth? "Rule" over the flora and fauna?
How do you translate those words into a holy mandate "to take care of"?

I deny nothing, I am merely unconvinced. Yet, being unconvinced has me labeled a "denier," which usually leads to being labeled any number of other nasty things.

I am a scientist. I believe very little. I either know or I do not know. Anthropogenic Global Warming is unlikely as it has been presented, with humans being the primary cause of the current warming trend. We must affect the climate because it is a complex system of which we are a part.

We cannot identify even a minuscule fraction of a fraction of the other actors in the complex system, let alone define which are significant actors. Quantifying the effects of those actions is far beyond us. Modeling the complex system that is the climate is so far beyond our current capability that any attempt to do so is pure hubris.
A week or so ago there was an item on the net about an
ice shelf in the Antarctic melting and a lot of ice going off into the ocean.

If folks would study the mechanisms of the greenhouse gases maybe they could see a correlation between human activity and climate change. CO2 is not the most potent gas by far.

I wish I had a better memory but once on the weather channel a guy showed how warming perpetuates itself and coordinates with drought. Heat causes drought and drought causes heat, simply speaking. It takes green ground cover and trees to absorb the energy of the sun temper the hot temps via the photosynthesis process. ANANtggce

What is the moral basis for climate change denial? Do climate change deniers have any morality? Based on the evidence of global climate change, and the obvious effects this will have on humanity, are climate change deniers in fact immoral?
Climate denial is immoral says head of US Episcopal church Environment The Guardian

I think discussion about climate changes is rather scientific one than moral or ethic so to put question like this concerning this particular topic seems to be not correct or irrelevant.
Perhaps it is better to say that deniers are irresponsible
and a bit naïve. Bigots have such problems.

What is the moral basis for climate change denial? Do climate change deniers have any morality? Based on the evidence of global climate change, and the obvious effects this will have on humanity, are climate change deniers in fact immoral?
Climate denial is immoral says head of US Episcopal church Environment The Guardian

I think discussion about climate changes is rather scientific one than moral or ethic so to put question like this concerning this particular topic seems to be not correct or irrelevant.
Perhaps it is better to say that deniers are irresponsible
and a bit naïve. Bigots have such problems.
More like acting like adults, the Alarmists always have underlying motives they have been that way since the 70s.

Making an overwhelming case for reducing and eventually eliminating the use of fossil fuels without ever mentioning AGW is child's play. I have my own ideas about why this is not done, would like to hear yours.

The second you bring morals into an argument, you have left science at the door. Science is about facts. Truth and morals is the realm of religion.
Climate change deniers are immoral because they know they are lying.

You've stated this repeatedly.

When are you going to point out the lies ?

This is the clean debate zone....not the "my opinion rules" zone.

Your opinion (and frankly) your childish responses to many of these posts are pretty much of no value to this "debate".

I deny nothing, I am merely unconvinced. Yet, being unconvinced has me labeled a "denier," which usually leads to being labeled any number of other nasty things.

I am a scientist. I believe very little. I either know or I do not know. Anthropogenic Global Warming is unlikely as it has been presented, with humans being the primary cause of the current warming trend. We must affect the climate because it is a complex system of which we are a part.

We cannot identify even a minuscule fraction of a fraction of the other actors in the complex system, let alone define which are significant actors. Quantifying the effects of those actions is far beyond us. Modeling the complex system that is the climate is so far beyond our current capability that any attempt to do so is pure hubris.
A week or so ago there was an item on the net about an
ice shelf in the Antarctic melting and a lot of ice going off into the ocean.

If folks would study the mechanisms of the greenhouse gases maybe they could see a correlation between human activity and climate change. CO2 is not the most potent gas by far.

I wish I had a better memory but once on the weather channel a guy showed how warming perpetuates itself and coordinates with drought. Heat causes drought and drought causes heat, simply speaking. It takes green ground cover and trees to absorb the energy of the sun temper the hot temps via the photosynthesis process. ANANtggce

Water vapor is much more potent than CO2.

Some cross the line in the same way that shills for cigarette companies did.

It's one thing to question research and publish your own findings. It's quite another to go on TV without any real credentials or research background.

Real scientists, published and peer reviews, who say climate change is a hoax DO NOT exist. But many people with phd's appear on television and write op-eds.

The second you bring morals into an argument, you have left science at the door. Science is about facts. Truth and morals is the realm of religion.
Climate change deniers are immoral because they know they are lying.

You've stated this repeatedly.

When are you going to point out the lies ?

This is the clean debate zone....not the "my opinion rules" zone.

Your opinion (and frankly) your childish responses to many of these posts are pretty much of no value to this "debate".
Feel free to articulate some kind of rebuttal then.

"A false witness will not go unpunished, and he who breathes out lies will perish."
Proverbs 19:9

As I said, religious nuttery is a common theme amongst the AGW faithful. Not a tot of real science though. It is funny that you have a picture of old Sam there.....considering his views on religion....

"Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership has righteousness with lawlessness? Or what fellowship has light with darkness?"
Corinthians 7:13-14

"Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership has righteousness with lawlessness? Or what fellowship has light with darkness?"
Corinthians 7:13-14

And here is good old Sam and his views....

"So much blood has been shed by the Church because of an omission from the Gospel: "Ye shall be indifferent as to what your neighbor's religion is." Not merely tolerant of it, but indifferent to it. Divinity is claimed for many religions; but no religion is great enough or divine enough to add that new law to its code."
- Mark Twain, a Biography

"In religion and politics people's beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second-hand, and without examination, from authorities who have not themselves examined the questions at issue but have taken them at second-hand from other non-examiners, whose opinions about them were not worth a brass farthing."
- Autobiographical dictation, 10 July 1908. Published in Autobiography of Mark Twain, Volume 3 (University of California Press, 2015)

"I have a religion--but you will call it blasphemy. It is that there is a God for the rich man but none for the poor.....Perhaps your religion will sustain you,will feed you--I place no dependence in mine. Our religions are alike, though, in one respect--neither can make a man happy when he is out of luck."
- Letter to Orion Clemens, 19-20 October 1865

If believe otherwise, or know otherwise, it's immoral. If you simply don't believe yet though it isn't.

Like to think Man is basicly good, and most deniers simply haven't been convinced yet. Think some are corrupted by economic reasons to oppose measures deisgned to fight climate change though, these are the immoral ones.

Forum List

Back