India heatwave toll nears 1,000

The death toll in the heatwave sweeping India has passed 1,000, with temperatures nearing 50C (122F) in some areas.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...-india-32880180

Probably just a bad year for india...Mostly to do with our El Nino...

You mean the El Nino that never arrived? They have downgraded it to a Moki event, or didn't you get the memo? Still terribly sad for the Indians. Of course they have more farmers committing suicide (300,000 since 1995) than are dying from the heat.

They need AC...Surely General Electric can send some to sell..

I guess you've never been to India. They don't have a grid like us. Most of the country has intermittent to no electricity.

Oh come on. We used to play sports in 120 degree weather in Texas. They need to adapt.​

The death toll in the heatwave sweeping India has passed 1,000, with temperatures nearing 50C (122F) in some areas.

You mean the El Nino that never arrived? They have downgraded it to a Moki event, or didn't you get the memo? Still terribly sad for the Indians. Of course they have more farmers committing suicide (300,000 since 1995) than are dying from the heat.

What are you talking about? You just lost every ounce of your creditability by saying something that is flat out false. Both datasets say we have a low to moderate nino. You're not even trying to be honest anymore and I find that sad.

This week the noaa said 1.1c for 3.4. So how exactly can we not be having a el nino?? Where do you get your information?

I guess you've never been to India. They don't have a grid like us. Most of the country has intermittent to no electricity.

They should be used to living in the intense heat. It would be nice if they could join the 21st century and build a fricking grid to power their heating and cooling requirements. Can you say 3rd world nations? No different than the African continent.

What are you talking about? You just lost every ounce of your creditability by saying something that is flat out false. Both datasets say we have a low to moderate nino. You're not even trying to be honest anymore and I find that sad.

This week the noaa said 1.1c for 3.4. So how exactly can we not be having a el nino?? Where do you get your information?

Really? Where?

upload_2015-5-24_11-5-22-png.41631

Climate Variability Oceanic Ni o Index NOAA Climate.gov

How about the call centers?

I guess you missed the part where I said "most". Need to work on those reading comprehensions skills, junior.

So places where corporate America occupies have the means of protecting life, and the rest can die?

How about the call centers?

I guess you missed the part where I said "most". Need to work on those reading comprehensions skills, junior.

So places where corporate America occupies have the means of protecting life, and the rest can die?

Where did I say that? Hmm? You come and troll like a fricking moron. If you wish to make a point make it. Otherwise shut the hell up and remain silent like a good child.

Really? Where?

upload_2015-5-24_11-5-22-png.41631

You Goddamned liar. Go to that graph and zoom out. You will see that for 2015, there is a definate El Nino. Not that you would care that you are lying, that is your modus operandi.

Time and again, Wallyeyes has been shown to be a liar. He says a site says one thing, and when the site is read, it says just the opposite. No better than ol' Billy Boob.

Forum List

Back