Are Blacks More Racist Than Whites? Most Americans Say Yes

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is your point? Is your point to discredit the theory that the present was created from the past? Is it to discredit me? Is it to discredit our understanding of what happened in the past? The fact of whether or not I have picked cotton does not mean that my life has not been impacted by someone who has.

What, specifically, are you attempting to debunk...or are you just expressing your frustration with notions that make you uncomfortable, yet you cannot debunk?

I believe you know my point very well.

There is no institutional racism, and in fact, blacks are pushed to the head of the line more than any other group.

Stop your hand wringing and hiding behind a history that goes over 7 generations back.

"There is no king who has not had a slave among his ancestors, and no slave who has not had a king among his." Helen Keller

The shelf life on your argument is well past date.

If I ask something of you....its because I don't know. No....I had no ideal what you really meant is that there is no institutional racism, but thanks for spitting it out.

If racism still exists and institutions still exists.....I don't see why its not plausible that institutional racism still exists....as ultimately institutions are only as good or bad as the individuals that administer them.

Math certainly does not support your argument that blacks are pushed to the head of the line, when our numbers show we are at the end of the line in rates of unemployment and poverty. Maybe we are not being pushed in front of the right lines to make up for what was lost from the past.

"Math certainly does not support your argument that blacks are pushed to the head of the line, ..."

Now you're reduced to a lying moron.

.... a Princeton University study that tried to measure how race and ethnicity affect admissions by using SAT scores as a benchmark. It uses the term “bonus” to describe how many extra SAT points an applicant's race is worth. She points to the first column.

African Americans received a “bonus” of 230 points, Lee says.

“Hispanics received a bonus of 185 points.

The last column draws gasps.

Asian Americans, Lee says, are penalized by 50 points — in other words, they had to do that much better to win admission.

“Do Asians need higher test scores? Is it harder for Asians to get into college? The answer is yes,”....."
For Asian Americans a changing landscape on college admissions - LA Times

That is not the BIG PICTURE. Sure, your probable can note some things where entities seek to recruit and promote women and minorities, but if such efforts were holistic it would reflect in the nations unemployment and poverty rates. There is no way you can do the math that shows blacks being given preference over whites, overall, and blacks being way behind whites, overall. That simply does not add up.

Confederate General Wise, running from Union General Cox, refused to call it 'retreat,' called it, 'a retrograde movement.'

Nice retrograde movement you've made.

Now you are speaking in riddles. What is your point? If blacks are being put at the head of the line in this society, then why are blacks so far behind in this society? Your theory is not supported by outcomes. You are taking exceptions to the general rule and trying to argue it as the rule.

I believe you know my point very well.

There is no institutional racism, and in fact, blacks are pushed to the head of the line more than any other group.

Stop your hand wringing and hiding behind a history that goes over 7 generations back.

"There is no king who has not had a slave among his ancestors, and no slave who has not had a king among his." Helen Keller

The shelf life on your argument is well past date.

If I ask something of you....its because I don't know. No....I had no ideal what you really meant is that there is no institutional racism, but thanks for spitting it out.

If racism still exists and institutions still exists.....I don't see why its not plausible that institutional racism still exists....as ultimately institutions are only as good or bad as the individuals that administer them.

Math certainly does not support your argument that blacks are pushed to the head of the line, when our numbers show we are at the end of the line in rates of unemployment and poverty. Maybe we are not being pushed in front of the right lines to make up for what was lost from the past.

"Math certainly does not support your argument that blacks are pushed to the head of the line, ..."

Now you're reduced to a lying moron.

.... a Princeton University study that tried to measure how race and ethnicity affect admissions by using SAT scores as a benchmark. It uses the term “bonus” to describe how many extra SAT points an applicant's race is worth. She points to the first column.

African Americans received a “bonus” of 230 points, Lee says.

“Hispanics received a bonus of 185 points.

The last column draws gasps.

Asian Americans, Lee says, are penalized by 50 points — in other words, they had to do that much better to win admission.

“Do Asians need higher test scores? Is it harder for Asians to get into college? The answer is yes,”....."
For Asian Americans a changing landscape on college admissions - LA Times

That is not the BIG PICTURE. Sure, your probable can note some things where entities seek to recruit and promote women and minorities, but if such efforts were holistic it would reflect in the nations unemployment and poverty rates. There is no way you can do the math that shows blacks being given preference over whites, overall, and blacks being way behind whites, overall. That simply does not add up.

Confederate General Wise, running from Union General Cox, refused to call it 'retreat,' called it, 'a retrograde movement.'

Nice retrograde movement you've made.

Now you are speaking in riddles. What is your point? If blacks are being put at the head of the line in this society, then why are blacks so far behind in this society? Your theory is not supported by outcomes. You are taking exceptions to the general rule and trying to argue it as the rule.

I just proved your premise wrong.....now, somehow I'm responsible for your entire re-education?

This will help:

51bEmRyQfCL._SX308_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

If I feel even more generous, I might share my notes on the book.

You imagine...I almost said 'think'....that that is what I said?
Read it again
So what's your point?

The point is that there are low-lives who attempt to support their tales with lies about their opponents.

Recognize yourself in there?

Are you still claiming that I said that racism is a thought crime?

Now....come clean: are you a liar or simply stupid.
Which is it?

Here is the post at issue:

Let's review what 'racism' is.

To Democrats and Liberals, it is thought crime: you don't like me.
Isn't that just too bad?
Grow a pair.

For Americans....those who support the views America was founded on, it is some objective damage done to someone based only on their race.
That should be accounted for by the law.

The only thing Democrats have done for blacks is to ban one particular word,
The damage done to blacks is to make some....you....imagine that special rules and accommodations must be accorded based on your skin color.

The point is that there are low-lives who attempt to support their tales with lies about their opponents.
I don't understand who you are talking about. What low lives ? What tales ? What opponents ?
I asked you what is racism. You still have not answered
Which is it?
Come clean about what ?
Isn't that just too bad?
Grow a pair.
So racism to you is not liking someone ?
For Americans....those who support the views America was founded on, it is some objective damage done to someone based only on their race.
I don't understand the point you are making here
The only thing Democrats have done for blacks is to ban one particular word
So racism has been banned then ?
The damage done to blacks is to make some....you....imagine that special rules and accommodations must be accorded based on your skin color.
Read my words. Instead of trying to read my mind. Where did I say that ?

I don't understand who you are talking about. What low lives ? What tales ? What opponents ?
Which is it?
Come clean about what ?
Isn't that just too bad?
Grow a pair.

My post:

Isn't that just too bad?
Grow a pair.

The only thing Democrats have done for blacks is to ban one particular word,

You claimed that I said that racism is a thought crime.

I'll let you try one more time:
Is that what I said?

Which is it?
Come clean about what ?
Isn't that just too bad?
Grow a pair.

"I asked you what is racism. You still have not answered."

You're a liar.

Which is it?
Come clean about what ?
Isn't that just too bad?
Grow a pair.

You're a liar.
Let's just leave it. You're on the

cracksmoke.jpeg

image.php

image.php

This is one of the first subjects I talked about when I started posting on message boards. Are Blacks on average more racist than whites?
I've always believed that they are. Something that I discovered growing up was that almost every black in America thinks about race every day, whereas most whites don't. There's a reason for this, but this simple fact is being used by the left to divide America.

A Rassmussen survey asked the question 5 years ago, and my guess is it would be even worse today.

Wednesday, July 03, 2013

Americans consider blacks more likely to be racist than whites and Hispanics in this country.

Thirty-seven percent (37%) of American Adults think most black Americans are racist, according to a new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey. Just 15% consider most white Americans racist, while 18% say the same of most Hispanic Americans. (To see survey question wording, click here.)

There is a huge ideological difference on this topic. Among conservative Americans, 49% consider most blacks racist, and only 12% see most whites that way. Among liberal voters, 27% see most white Americans as racist, and 21% say the same about black Americans.

From a partisan perspective, 49% of Republicans see most black Americans as racist, along with 36% of unaffiliated adults and 29% of Democrats.

Among black Americans, 31% think most blacks are racist, while 24% consider most whites racist and 15% view most Hispanics that way.

Among white adults, 10% think most white Americans are racist; 38% believe most blacks are racist, and 17% say most Hispanics are racist.

Overall, just 30% of all Americans now rate race relations in the United States as good or excellent. Fourteen percent (14%) describe them as poor. Twenty-nine percent (29%) think race relations are getting better, while 32% believe they are getting worse. Thirty-five percent (35%) feel they are staying about the same.

These figures reflect more pessimism than was found in April when 42% gave race relations positive marks and 39% said race relations were improving. However, the April number reflected all-time highs while the current numbers are more consistent with the general attitudes of recent years.

(Want a free daily e-mail update? If it's in the news, it's in our polls). Rasmussen Reports updates are also available on Twitter or Facebook.

The survey of 1,000 Adults was conducted on July 1-2, 2013 by Rasmussen Reports. The margin of sampling error is +/- 3 percentage points with a 95% level of confidence. Field work for all Rasmussen Reports surveys is conducted by Pulse Opinion Research, LLC. See methodology.

------------------

Blacks are slightly more optimistic about the current state of race relations in American than whites and Hispanics are. But 37% of blacks and 38% of Hispanics believe those relations are getting worse, compared to 29% of whites.​

image.php

Links
Since there are more whites than Blacks why is the report valid or even comment worthy?

Which is it?
Come clean about what ?
Isn't that just too bad?
Grow a pair.

You're a liar.
Let's just leave it. You're on the

cracksmoke.jpeg

I see you're following Truman's advice: since you can't stand the heat, you're staying out of the kitchen.

Excellent move.

image.php

image.php

This is one of the first subjects I talked about when I started posting on message boards. Are Blacks on average more racist than whites?
I've always believed that they are. Something that I discovered growing up was that almost every black in America thinks about race every day, whereas most whites don't. There's a reason for this, but this simple fact is being used by the left to divide America.

A Rassmussen survey asked the question 5 years ago, and my guess is it would be even worse today.

Wednesday, July 03, 2013

Americans consider blacks more likely to be racist than whites and Hispanics in this country.

Thirty-seven percent (37%) of American Adults think most black Americans are racist, according to a new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey. Just 15% consider most white Americans racist, while 18% say the same of most Hispanic Americans. (To see survey question wording, click here.)

There is a huge ideological difference on this topic. Among conservative Americans, 49% consider most blacks racist, and only 12% see most whites that way. Among liberal voters, 27% see most white Americans as racist, and 21% say the same about black Americans.

From a partisan perspective, 49% of Republicans see most black Americans as racist, along with 36% of unaffiliated adults and 29% of Democrats.

Among black Americans, 31% think most blacks are racist, while 24% consider most whites racist and 15% view most Hispanics that way.

Among white adults, 10% think most white Americans are racist; 38% believe most blacks are racist, and 17% say most Hispanics are racist.

Overall, just 30% of all Americans now rate race relations in the United States as good or excellent. Fourteen percent (14%) describe them as poor. Twenty-nine percent (29%) think race relations are getting better, while 32% believe they are getting worse. Thirty-five percent (35%) feel they are staying about the same.

These figures reflect more pessimism than was found in April when 42% gave race relations positive marks and 39% said race relations were improving. However, the April number reflected all-time highs while the current numbers are more consistent with the general attitudes of recent years.

(Want a free daily e-mail update? If it's in the news, it's in our polls). Rasmussen Reports updates are also available on Twitter or Facebook.

The survey of 1,000 Adults was conducted on July 1-2, 2013 by Rasmussen Reports. The margin of sampling error is +/- 3 percentage points with a 95% level of confidence. Field work for all Rasmussen Reports surveys is conducted by Pulse Opinion Research, LLC. See methodology.

------------------

Blacks are slightly more optimistic about the current state of race relations in American than whites and Hispanics are. But 37% of blacks and 38% of Hispanics believe those relations are getting worse, compared to 29% of whites.​

image.php

Links
Can we just be clear on what racism is.

What is racism to you ?

Because one thing I've noticed on USMB is when the subject is racism is brought up whites and blacks are not talking about the same thing. For most whites racism is saying a racist comment etc. For blacks, it is that too, but for most black people racism the pattern and practice of policies and social institutions, which have the effect of perpetuating deeply embedded structural inequalities between people on the basis of race.

To blacks racism is systemic. To whites, it's purely personal.

This is why you get studies because when you really break it down...Black racism is name calling.

But white racism for black people is a system, discrimination in housing, employment, schools or the justice system.

Plus racism is not just about money. Whites thought of as sober-minded. Whites have the advantage of knowing that their perceptions of the world are the ones that stick, that define the norm for everyone else, and that are taken seriously in the mainstream. Plus whites avoid being stigmatized by the actions of others whites. Whites never have to worry that the actions of others like them, no matter how horrible, will stick to them or force them to prove that they are somehow different.

White ppl can screw up on the job, run entire corporations into the ground, rip off the Savings and Loans to the tune of hundreds of billions of dollars, cut corners on occupational safety and health in the workplace, or scam millions from employee pension funds, without the rest of whites having to worry

I mean when was the last time any white person felt the need to stand up and apologize for a crime committed by another white person?
Every time some red-neck pulls off a mass-shooting.
Obama said us white folks love our guns and our religion and we hold antipathy toward darker folks.

Last edited:
Blacks are different than any other race in America.
They have an organization that makes a living off of grievances.
Blacks use their race as a crutch more than any other race....and they have the NAACP and other groups out there ready to reinforce this negative image. It is a false stereotype reinforced in movies and TV. They buy into it for the most part as one monolithic group, much more than Hispanics or Asians. Who's fault is that?

image.php

image.php

Wednesday, July 03, 2013

------------------

image.php

Links

"Brooklyn Museum Criticized for Hiring White Woman as African Art Curator

New York’s Brooklyn Museum has been criticized for appointing a white woman as its new curator of African art, with several people on social media platforms arguing that the institution should have hired a person of colour for the role.

Despite Windmuller-Luna’s credentials as a historian of African arts and architecture with a Ph.D from Princeton University and lectureships at Columbia University, and previous role as Mellon Collections Research Specialist (African Arts) at the Princeton University Art Museum, several people took to Twitter to criticize the appointment."
Brooklyn Museum Criticized for Hiring White Woman as African Art Curator

Imagine if that shoe were on the other foot.
Black people are curators for European art all the time.

image.php

image.php

Wednesday, July 03, 2013

------------------

image.php

Links

New York’s Brooklyn Museum has been criticized for appointing a white woman as its new curator of African art, with several people on social media platforms arguing that the institution should have hired a person of colour for the role.

Despite Windmuller-Luna’s credentials as a historian of African arts and architecture with a Ph.D from Princeton University and lectureships at Columbia University, and previous role as Mellon Collections Research Specialist (African Arts) at the Princeton University Art Museum, several people took to Twitter to criticize the appointment."

I don't think so.

image.php

image.php

Wednesday, July 03, 2013

------------------

image.php

Links

I don't think so.

Remove the last word in your post to improve accuracy.

Blacks use their race as a crutch more than any other race....and they have the NAACP and other groups out there ready to reinforce this negative image. It is a false stereotype reinforced in movies and TV. They buy into it for the most part as one monolithic group, much more than Hispanics or Asians. Who's fault is that?

With all due respect, muddy, black folks have at least this much of an alibi:
Liberal have made excuses for every maladjustment, and I'm afraid that most groups would behave as you write had they been assured that nothing is their fault, they can't overcome the 'oppression' and therefore no sense of their own responsibility for their futures would be effective.

"When Obama, or other politicians, appeal for the black vote, it is on the basis of felt grievances and presumed oppression. It is a worthy pursuit to seek the explanation for this view among a large segment of black population. It wasn’t the result of the slavery and/or the Civil War.

It was the misfortune of black Americans that they were just on the verge of passing through the immigrant experience when damaging ideas about welfare and the lenient attitude about crime took hold. It could have happened to the Italians, Germans, Jews or Irish, but luckily for them, there were no Liberals around to “help” when they arrived."
Coulter

Liberal have made excuses for every maladjustment, and I'm afraid that most groups would behave as you write had they been assured that nothing is their fault, they can't overcome the 'oppression' and therefore no sense of their own responsibility for their futures would be effective.

"When Obama, or other politicians, appeal for the black vote, it is on the basis of felt grievances and presumed oppression. It is a worthy pursuit to seek the explanation for this view among a large segment of black population. It wasn’t the result of the slavery and/or the Civil War.

It was the misfortune of black Americans that they were just on the verge of passing through the immigrant experience when damaging ideas about welfare and the lenient attitude about crime took hold. It could have happened to the Italians, Germans, Jews or Irish, but luckily for them, there were no Liberals around to “help” when they arrived."
Coulter
Democrats held them down for ages....but they eventually found a way to buy their votes on the cheap....and taxpayers are paying for it.
Blacks are taught from childhood that they were slaves...brought here against their will.
The funny thing is...I've been to Africa.....and American blacks don't know how lucky they are to be here.

Coulter
Democrats held them down for ages....but they eventually found a way to buy their votes on the cheap....and taxpayers are paying for it.
Blacks are taught from childhood that they were slaves...brought here against their will.
The funny thing is...I've been to Africa.....and American blacks don't know how lucky they are to be here.

Let me point out that this wasn't always true....and the reason that Liberals are responsible.

Black Americans were doing better in individual pursuits than many immigrants. Barone compared their American journey to the Irish: “Both rise smartly in hierarchies (government bureaucracies, the military) but haven't fared as well in free-market commerce.” http://www.usnews.com/usnews/news/articles/941114/archive_013670.htm

“Like members of outsider groups before and since, this African-American elite considered education to be the key to full citizenship. They also embraced values of character and responsibility….Gains in terms of entrepreneurship, finding a trade, finding a profession, setting down roots, buying property, and feeling they were at last becoming a genuine part of city life. They would refer to ‘color-phobia’ as ‘fast disappearing in our city.’…Peterson's great grandfather owned a pharmacy in a largely Irish neighborhood. ” "Black Gotham," by University of Maryland Professor Carla Peterson.

Of course they are.and by that they are creating more racism.
The more they bitch, complain and demand the more they are hated by the other races not just the whites.

Coulter

Let me point out that this wasn't always true....and the reason that Liberals are responsible.

Black Americans were doing better in individual pursuits than many immigrants. Barone compared their American journey to the Irish: “Both rise smartly in hierarchies (government bureaucracies, the military) but haven't fared as well in free-market commerce.” http://www.usnews.com/usnews/news/articles/941114/archive_013670.htm

“Like members of outsider groups before and since, this African-American elite considered education to be the key to full citizenship. They also embraced values of character and responsibility….Gains in terms of entrepreneurship, finding a trade, finding a profession, setting down roots, buying property, and feeling they were at last becoming a genuine part of city life. They would refer to ‘color-phobia’ as ‘fast disappearing in our city.’…Peterson's great grandfather owned a pharmacy in a largely Irish neighborhood. ” "Black Gotham," by University of Maryland Professor Carla Peterson.
Unfortunately Obama set back race relations in America about 50 years.
Blacks are becoming part of the elite. However the way some are going about it is by shaking down whites who don't want to be called racists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back