Are Blacks More Racist Than Whites? Most Americans Say Yes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I give everyone the benefit of the doubt in regards to intelligence. Thus, I assume that you or any one who concludes that blacks are more racist than whites, are as smart as I am...if not smarter. Hence, if I know that the belief that blacks are more racist than whites is false, what prevents people like you from knowing it too?

If an intelligent person cannot figure out the correct answer to a simple question, when all the information is there to get the right answer, its because the intelligent persons intellect is being subdued by emotions and prejudice. There is a clear reason why people like you have to be "educated by force" on such matters. Its because you don't want to be educated, but rather, to believe what your prejudice and emotions want you to believe. Even when forced fed the truth....you stick your finger down your throat to throw it back up.

America has as many racist whites as it has ever has in its history. What different today is that there are also many whites who are not like that and don't feel that they have to pretend to be that way or to be silent about the racism of other, just to get along and fit in. There are a lot of racist white people and there are a lot of white people who are not racist. The former just seek to camouflage themselves as the latter.
There is no way to prove that. So please spare us.
You have history on your side but like almost every thread on race you post in, you dont have the present.

Take away the past and the present ceases to exist. The present is simply the reaction to the past and every action creates a reaction....often equal and opposite.
The past is just a memory.
Removing memories doesn't erase the present. The past is merely a tool one uses to deal with the present.

The past is not a memory, as it existed whether you witnessed it to remember it or not. The past is ENERGY that transcends the temporal continuum. The energy of the past illuminates the present.

How many generations do we go back?

Just so I can be ready.....

I'm guessing that the only cotton you picked came out of an aspirin bottle.

True?

I give everyone the benefit of the doubt in regards to intelligence. Thus, I assume that you or any one who concludes that blacks are more racist than whites, are as smart as I am...if not smarter. Hence, if I know that the belief that blacks are more racist than whites is false, what prevents people like you from knowing it too?

If an intelligent person cannot figure out the correct answer to a simple question, when all the information is there to get the right answer, its because the intelligent persons intellect is being subdued by emotions and prejudice. There is a clear reason why people like you have to be "educated by force" on such matters. Its because you don't want to be educated, but rather, to believe what your prejudice and emotions want you to believe. Even when forced fed the truth....you stick your finger down your throat to throw it back up.

America has as many racist whites as it has ever has in its history. What different today is that there are also many whites who are not like that and don't feel that they have to pretend to be that way or to be silent about the racism of other, just to get along and fit in. There are a lot of racist white people and there are a lot of white people who are not racist. The former just seek to camouflage themselves as the latter.
You have history on your side but like almost every thread on race you post in, you dont have the present.

Take away the past and the present ceases to exist. The present is simply the reaction to the past and every action creates a reaction....often equal and opposite.
Removing memories doesn't erase the present. The past is merely a tool one uses to deal with the present.

The past is not a memory, as it existed whether you witnessed it to remember it or not. The past is ENERGY that transcends the temporal continuum. The energy of the past illuminates the present.

True?

What is your point? Is your point to discredit the theory that the present was created from the past? Is it to discredit me? Is it to discredit our understanding of what happened in the past? The fact of whether or not I have picked cotton does not mean that my life has not been impacted by someone who has.

What, specifically, are you attempting to debunk...or are you just expressing your frustration with notions that make you uncomfortable, yet you cannot debunk?

you are just soooooooooooooooo special :rolleyes:

As are his needs.

Actions create reactions. Needs are a reaction.

Well, at least I got you to admit that you are a special needs individual.

That must explain why you do nothing but play the game of blame whitey to explain your failure in life.

The only evidence here is the evidence pilling up against you and your motivation for misrepresenting the truth. What "failure" of mine have I shared with you and where do I then blame whitey for it?

True?

What is your point? Is your point to discredit the theory that the present was created from the past? Is it to discredit me? Is it to discredit our understanding of what happened in the past? The fact of whether or not I have picked cotton does not mean that my life has not been impacted by someone who has.

What, specifically, are you attempting to debunk...or are you just expressing your frustration with notions that make you uncomfortable, yet you cannot debunk?

I believe you know my point very well.

There is no institutional racism, and in fact, blacks are pushed to the head of the line more than any other group.

Stop your hand wringing and hiding behind a history that goes over 7 generations back.

"There is no king who has not had a slave among his ancestors, and no slave who has not had a king among his." Helen Keller

The shelf life on your argument is well past date.

you are just soooooooooooooooo special :rolleyes:

As are his needs.

Actions create reactions. Needs are a reaction.

Well, at least I got you to admit that you are a special needs individual.

That must explain why you do nothing but play the game of blame whitey to explain your failure in life.

The only evidence here is the evidence pilling up against you and your motivation for misrepresenting the truth. What "failure" of mine have I shared with you and where do I then blame whitey for it?

There there.

Here -- have a pudding. It will make you feel better.

You sound like your "privilege" is kicking in. No matter how untenable your argument proves to be, no matter how often you must digress into straw man and other fallacies.....not matter how much truth is presented to contradict your beliefs and theories......you can remain comfortable knowing that you are W___E...and you hold all the cards wrong or right.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
image.php

image.php

This is one of the first subjects I talked about when I started posting on message boards. Are Blacks on average more racist than whites?
I've always believed that they are. Something that I discovered growing up was that almost every black in America thinks about race every day, whereas most whites don't. There's a reason for this, but this simple fact is being used by the left to divide America.

A Rassmussen survey asked the question 5 years ago, and my guess is it would be even worse today.

Wednesday, July 03, 2013

Americans consider blacks more likely to be racist than whites and Hispanics in this country.

Thirty-seven percent (37%) of American Adults think most black Americans are racist, according to a new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey. Just 15% consider most white Americans racist, while 18% say the same of most Hispanic Americans. (To see survey question wording, click here.)

There is a huge ideological difference on this topic. Among conservative Americans, 49% consider most blacks racist, and only 12% see most whites that way. Among liberal voters, 27% see most white Americans as racist, and 21% say the same about black Americans.

From a partisan perspective, 49% of Republicans see most black Americans as racist, along with 36% of unaffiliated adults and 29% of Democrats.

Among black Americans, 31% think most blacks are racist, while 24% consider most whites racist and 15% view most Hispanics that way.

Among white adults, 10% think most white Americans are racist; 38% believe most blacks are racist, and 17% say most Hispanics are racist.

Overall, just 30% of all Americans now rate race relations in the United States as good or excellent. Fourteen percent (14%) describe them as poor. Twenty-nine percent (29%) think race relations are getting better, while 32% believe they are getting worse. Thirty-five percent (35%) feel they are staying about the same.

These figures reflect more pessimism than was found in April when 42% gave race relations positive marks and 39% said race relations were improving. However, the April number reflected all-time highs while the current numbers are more consistent with the general attitudes of recent years.

(Want a free daily e-mail update? If it's in the news, it's in our polls). Rasmussen Reports updates are also available on Twitter or Facebook.

The survey of 1,000 Adults was conducted on July 1-2, 2013 by Rasmussen Reports. The margin of sampling error is +/- 3 percentage points with a 95% level of confidence. Field work for all Rasmussen Reports surveys is conducted by Pulse Opinion Research, LLC. See methodology.

------------------

Blacks are slightly more optimistic about the current state of race relations in American than whites and Hispanics are. But 37% of blacks and 38% of Hispanics believe those relations are getting worse, compared to 29% of whites.​

image.php

Links
The poll results are not worth a poot if we don't know the poll members demographics...

True?

There is no institutional racism, and in fact, blacks are pushed to the head of the line more than any other group.

Stop your hand wringing and hiding behind a history that goes over 7 generations back.

"There is no king who has not had a slave among his ancestors, and no slave who has not had a king among his." Helen Keller

Freedom did not guarantee no oppression..

True?

If I ask something of you....its because I don't know. No....I had no ideal what you really meant is that there is no institutional racism, but thanks for spitting it out.

If racism still exists and institutions still exists.....I don't see why its not plausible that institutional racism still exists....as ultimately institutions are only as good or bad as the individuals that administer them.

Math certainly does not support your argument that blacks are pushed to the head of the line, when our numbers show we are at the end of the line in rates of unemployment and poverty. Maybe we are not being pushed in front of the right lines to make up for what was lost from the past.

image.php

image.php

This is one of the first subjects I talked about when I started posting on message boards. Are Blacks on average more racist than whites?
I've always believed that they are. Something that I discovered growing up was that almost every black in America thinks about race every day, whereas most whites don't. There's a reason for this, but this simple fact is being used by the left to divide America.

A Rassmussen survey asked the question 5 years ago, and my guess is it would be even worse today.

Wednesday, July 03, 2013

Americans consider blacks more likely to be racist than whites and Hispanics in this country.

Thirty-seven percent (37%) of American Adults think most black Americans are racist, according to a new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey. Just 15% consider most white Americans racist, while 18% say the same of most Hispanic Americans. (To see survey question wording, click here.)

There is a huge ideological difference on this topic. Among conservative Americans, 49% consider most blacks racist, and only 12% see most whites that way. Among liberal voters, 27% see most white Americans as racist, and 21% say the same about black Americans.

From a partisan perspective, 49% of Republicans see most black Americans as racist, along with 36% of unaffiliated adults and 29% of Democrats.

Among black Americans, 31% think most blacks are racist, while 24% consider most whites racist and 15% view most Hispanics that way.

Among white adults, 10% think most white Americans are racist; 38% believe most blacks are racist, and 17% say most Hispanics are racist.

Overall, just 30% of all Americans now rate race relations in the United States as good or excellent. Fourteen percent (14%) describe them as poor. Twenty-nine percent (29%) think race relations are getting better, while 32% believe they are getting worse. Thirty-five percent (35%) feel they are staying about the same.

These figures reflect more pessimism than was found in April when 42% gave race relations positive marks and 39% said race relations were improving. However, the April number reflected all-time highs while the current numbers are more consistent with the general attitudes of recent years.

(Want a free daily e-mail update? If it's in the news, it's in our polls). Rasmussen Reports updates are also available on Twitter or Facebook.

The survey of 1,000 Adults was conducted on July 1-2, 2013 by Rasmussen Reports. The margin of sampling error is +/- 3 percentage points with a 95% level of confidence. Field work for all Rasmussen Reports surveys is conducted by Pulse Opinion Research, LLC. See methodology.

------------------

Blacks are slightly more optimistic about the current state of race relations in American than whites and Hispanics are. But 37% of blacks and 38% of Hispanics believe those relations are getting worse, compared to 29% of whites.​

image.php

Links
Can we just be clear on what racism is.

What is racism to you ?

Because one thing I've noticed on USMB is when the subject is racism is brought up whites and blacks are not talking about the same thing. For most whites racism is saying a racist comment etc. For blacks, it is that too, but for most black people racism the pattern and practice of policies and social institutions, which have the effect of perpetuating deeply embedded structural inequalities between people on the basis of race.

To blacks racism is systemic. To whites, it's purely personal.

This is why you get studies because when you really break it down...Black racism is name calling.

But white racism for black people is a system, discrimination in housing, employment, schools or the justice system.

Plus racism is not just about money. Whites thought of as sober-minded. Whites have the advantage of knowing that their perceptions of the world are the ones that stick, that define the norm for everyone else, and that are taken seriously in the mainstream. Plus whites avoid being stigmatized by the actions of others whites. Whites never have to worry that the actions of others like them, no matter how horrible, will stick to them or force them to prove that they are somehow different.

White ppl can screw up on the job, run entire corporations into the ground, rip off the Savings and Loans to the tune of hundreds of billions of dollars, cut corners on occupational safety and health in the workplace, or scam millions from employee pension funds, without the rest of whites having to worry

I mean when was the last time any white person felt the need to stand up and apologize for a crime committed by another white person?

True?

If I ask something of you....its because I don't know. No....I had no ideal what you really meant is that there is no institutional racism, but thanks for spitting it out.

If racism still exists and institutions still exists.....I don't see why its not plausible that institutional racism still exists....as ultimately institutions are only as good or bad as the individuals that administer them.

Math certainly does not support your argument that blacks are pushed to the head of the line, when our numbers show we are at the end of the line in rates of unemployment and poverty. Maybe we are not being pushed in front of the right lines to make up for what was lost from the past.

Let's review what 'racism' is.

To Democrats and Liberals, it is thought crime: you don't like me.
Isn't that just too bad?
Grow a pair.

For Americans....those who support the views America was founded on, it is some objective damage done to someone based only on their race.
That should be accounted for by the law.

The only thing Democrats have done for blacks is to ban one particular word,
The damage done to blacks is to make some....you....imagine that special rules and accommodations must be accorded based on your skin color.

True?

"Math certainly does not support your argument that blacks are pushed to the head of the line, ..."

Now you're reduced to a lying moron.

.... a Princeton University study that tried to measure how race and ethnicity affect admissions by using SAT scores as a benchmark. It uses the term “bonus” to describe how many extra SAT points an applicant's race is worth. She points to the first column.

African Americans received a “bonus” of 230 points, Lee says.

“Hispanics received a bonus of 185 points.

The last column draws gasps.

Asian Americans, Lee says, are penalized by 50 points — in other words, they had to do that much better to win admission.

“Do Asians need higher test scores? Is it harder for Asians to get into college? The answer is yes,”....."
For Asian Americans a changing landscape on college admissions - LA Times

image.php

image.php

Wednesday, July 03, 2013

------------------

image.php

Links

What is racism to you ?

Because one thing I've noticed on USMB is when the subject is racism is brought up whites and blacks are not talking about the same thing. For most whites racism is saying a racist comment etc. For blacks, it is that too, but for most black people racism the pattern and practice of policies and social institutions, which have the effect of perpetuating deeply embedded structural inequalities between people on the basis of race.

This is why you get studies because when you really break it down...Black racism is name calling.

But white racism for black people is a system, discrimination in housing, employment, schools or the justice system.

Plus racism is not just about money. Whites thought of as sober-minded. Whites have the advantage of knowing that their perceptions of the world are the ones that stick, that define the norm for everyone else, and that are taken seriously in the mainstream. Plus whites avoid being stigmatized by the actions of others whites. Whites never have to worry that the actions of others like them, no matter how horrible, will stick to them or force them to prove that they are somehow different.

White ppl can screw up on the job, run entire corporations into the ground, rip off the Savings and Loans to the tune of hundreds of billions of dollars, cut corners on occupational safety and health in the workplace, or scam millions from employee pension funds, without the rest of whites having to worry

I mean when was the last time any white person felt the need to stand up and apologize for a crime committed by another white person?

To Liberals, it's 'thought crime'.....declining to think the way Liberals dictate.

To conservatives, there are no thought crimes, only crimes.
The first amendment allows freedom of speech, and, ultimately, of thought.

What is racism to you ?

Glad you could clear that up...but just so you know...this isn't 1968. Just sayin.

What is racism to you ?

Glad you could clear that up...but just so you know...this isn't 1968. Just sayin.
Do you think there was racism in 1968?

True?

Isn't that just too bad?
Grow a pair.

For Americans....those who support the views America was founded on, it is some objective damage done to someone based only on their race.

The damage done to blacks is to make some....you....imagine that special rules and accommodations must be accorded based on your skin color.

The sad thing is that in all that explaining you just did, nowhere did you choose to USE THE OFFICIAL dictionary definition of the term "racism". Hence, everything you just said is simply...MADE UP and self serving.

What other terms do you regularly create your own definitions for? One cannot effectively communicate if the don't share the same definition of words. That is why there is a thing called dictionary in every language and why there are schools that teach vocabulary and meanings, so that EDUCATED people can be all on the same page when communicating.

You are simply speaking gibberish.

image.php

image.php

Wednesday, July 03, 2013

------------------

image.php

Links

What is racism to you ?

To Liberals, it's 'thought crime'.....declining to think the way Liberals dictate.

So racism is just about thoughts then?

True?

"Math certainly does not support your argument that blacks are pushed to the head of the line, ..."

.... a Princeton University study that tried to measure how race and ethnicity affect admissions by using SAT scores as a benchmark. It uses the term “bonus” to describe how many extra SAT points an applicant's race is worth. She points to the first column.

Asian Americans, Lee says, are penalized by 50 points — in other words, they had to do that much better to win admission.

“Do Asians need higher test scores? Is it harder for Asians to get into college? The answer is yes,”....."

That is not the BIG PICTURE. Sure, your probable can note some things where entities seek to recruit and promote women and minorities, but if such efforts were holistic it would reflect in the nations unemployment and poverty rates. There is no way you can do the math that shows blacks being given preference over whites, overall, and blacks being way behind whites, overall. That simply does not add up.

True?

Isn't that just too bad?
Grow a pair.

The sad thing is that in all that explaining you just did, nowhere did you choose to USE THE OFFICIAL dictionary definition of the term "racism". Hence, everything you just said is simply...MADE UP and self serving.

What other terms do you regularly create your own definitions for? One cannot effectively communicate if the don't share the same definition of words. That is why there is a thing called dictionary in every language and why there are schools that teach vocabulary and meanings, so that EDUCATED people can be all on the same page when communicating.

You are simply speaking gibberish.

My definition is the more accurate one.

Where you wiser, and more honest, you'd see that.

image.php

image.php

Wednesday, July 03, 2013

------------------

image.php

Links

What is racism to you ?

So racism is just about thoughts then?

You imagine...I almost said 'think'....that that is what I said?

Read it again

True?

That is not the BIG PICTURE. Sure, your probable can note some things where entities seek to recruit and promote women and minorities, but if such efforts were holistic it would reflect in the nations unemployment and poverty rates. There is no way you can do the math that shows blacks being given preference over whites, overall, and blacks being way behind whites, overall. That simply does not add up.

Confederate General Wise, running from Union General Cox, refused to call it 'retreat,' called it, 'a retrograde movement.'

Nice retrograde movement you've made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back