Are All Black Americans Racist?

but understand what it is to be on the receiving end of racism, so they fight the urge.

Both Malcom X and Mlk jr knew what it was like to be on the receiving end of racism. King, like Obama simply rose above it and accomplished great things.

Malcolm began VERY racist and had an epiphany that changed him entirely. He was then murdered by black folks within his own movement, perhaps because of his epiphany.
um, where did Obama experience this racism?
in his youth in Hawaii(a very racially diverse state) or in Indonesia?

I specifically did not say that Obama experienced racism. I said that king and X did and that King like Obama rose above it.

Bad racism: black people are the naturally inferior race, and white people are the naturally superior race.

Good racism: black men have humongous dicks, and white men can't jump

No, not all blacks are racist. I think 'racist' gets over-used. You can make general comments about race--i.e. black people have a lower median annual income than white people--and not be racist. But it'd be racist, imo, to then go on to say black people have a lower median annual income than white people because blacks are naturally stupid, or whatever.

Both Malcom X and Mlk jr knew what it was like to be on the receiving end of racism. King, like Obama simply rose above it and accomplished great things.

Malcolm began VERY racist and had an epiphany that changed him entirely. He was then murdered by black folks within his own movement, perhaps because of his epiphany.
um, where did Obama experience this racism?
in his youth in Hawaii(a very racially diverse state) or in Indonesia?

I specifically did not say that Obama experienced racism. I said that king and X did and that King like Obama rose above it.
ah, ok, point given
but how would Obama "rise above" if he never lived it?

No, I don't believe all blacks are racists, or even most blacks are not racists. Many have been able to move beyond the tools of racism, like phobias and hatred or other learned behaviors, and assimulate into society. The worst tool of racism is the older generations, because they teach prejudices and racial hatred and myths to thier own people, which continues to perpetuate racism.

Most black leaders in the USA promote racism. The most exceptional exception is Obama.

Even gang members are more likely to shoot their own race. I am only aware of a few racist leaders of any racial background. How about a Mexcian racist, Chinese?

When I was in Nam, I actually hit into Saigon 1 day. I found that the Vietnamese were prejudice against the Chinese, and the Chinese were forced into the Cholan district, kind of like a south side for blacks. Many lived in large culvert pipes or on small sanpans.

To be born in an area that doesn't have prejudice must be a wonderful thing. Many Vietnamese in the highlands had never seen a black before. I have a Canadian friend who was a FO and he was telling me they were startled and amazed, and thought the blacks had painted themselves somehow to act as camouflage troops. I have some pics of that first meeting. But there is the innocence that I am sure all blacks would want to escape into. Well, not just blacks, I am white and I would prefer to be in that land of innocence myself.

He is living it now.

So he rose above it before it happened? Is he sinking or rising now?

Everybody on earth is subject to racism.

A common example that should prove this to anyone is that while Obama is clearly 1/2 white virtually everybody on earth immediately recognizes that he is black.

It is absolutely normal for people of all ethnicities to identify those who do and do not belong to their family, group, clan, nation tribe etc at a great distance and within milliseconds based on instincts common to many animals.

Why do you think that every nationality, ethnicity, tribe, generation etc has a dress code that identifies their group?

why does almost every high vertibrate have a similar visual identification scheme?

Why is that Europeans can identify an American within seconds?

Humans and many many animals are extraordinarily attuned to slight distinctions in appearance that indicate fitness, species, and groups.

Which is why a human male can identify a fertile female from like 300 yards.

It is ordinary to be genetically racist.

if it wasn't interracial marriage wouldn't be instantly recognized the world over as different.

Firstly, thank you for your response.

Interesting, I take it you find they have no basis for such a position?

What's your understanding of the term racist literally, contextually and/or realistically. (they may all be different, BTW)

I indeed take it that they have no basis for that position, and I believe that King and Mal X would agree.

Literally racism is an ordinary expression of tribalism common to nearly everybody.

Contextual racism is far too hard to define. it begs for relativistic definitions which aren't definitions at all, just subjectivity.

Realistically I define racism as that which creates division between races,and on the opposite end of that same spectrum is assimilation which dissolves division between races.
You're at luxury to hold such definitions of racism.

My friend, racism involves beliefs of superiority...this is the word and term many like yourself fail to recognize time and time again.

This is the reason why you may find that many blacks believe and truly aren't racist, because to be racist, one has to feel superior to another "race." I don't like the term race, but I'll use it in the common way its used for communication purposes.

Quick question: have blacks in this country ever been in a position of superiority?

First off I believe that Racism, in any form is a learned behavior. We are all Human, For Anyone that subscribes to Judaism, Christianity, or Islam, We are all descendant's of Adam and Noah, we are all related..

Personally I find that direct contact especially one on one, build's bridges, when the Golden Rule is applied. When it is ignored, it can be hurtful and bitter. What does it matter what the color of one's skin is, in relation to negative behavior? We all have different forms of power at different times in various degrees and circumstances. To think otherwise is naive. To think one is not incapable of injustice because of the color of their skin is unrealistic to be polite. If one is not part of the solution, one is living in denial. To make a difference every day in the life of those around you, is what you make it, for better or worse.

First off I believe that Racism, in any form is a learned behavior. We are all Human, For Anyone that subscribes to Judaism, Christianity, or Islam, We are all descendant's of Adam and Noah, we are all related..

Personally I find that direct contact especially one on one, build's bridges, when the Golden Rule is applied. When it is ignored, it can be hurtful and bitter. What does it matter what the color of one's skin is, in relation to negative behavior? We all have different forms of power at different times in various degrees and circumstances. To think otherwise is naive. To think one is not incapable of injustice because of the color of their skin is unrealistic to be polite. If one is not part of the solution, one is living in denial. To make a difference every day in the life of those around you, is what you make it, for better or worse.

You are almost perfectly supporting the definition of racism that i asserted. That promoting division is racism while promoting assimilation is the opposite of racism.

The only way in which we part views is that i believe racism or 'isms" to be 100% instinctive, and that they must be unlearned or intentionally discarded. Or not.

He is living it now.
thats LAME

You are privy to that pov.

But under the circumstances i think Obama is not only on the receiving end of a lotta racism, he is also handling it extremely well. a few small fuck ups, whatever.

Which is a far cry from what a lotta folks say : "everybody who disagrees with Obama is a racist".

He is living it now.
thats LAME

You are privy to that pov.

But under the circumstances i think Obama is not only on the receiving end of a lotta racism, he is also handling it extremely well. a few small fuck ups, whatever.

Which is a far cry from what a lotta folks say : "everybody who disagrees with Obama is a racist".
while i can agree there are some racists giving him a hard time, the majority are giving him a hard time because of his policies and not his race

You are almost perfectly supporting the definition of racism that i asserted. That promoting division is racism while promoting assimilation is the opposite of racism.

The only way in which we part views is that i believe racism or 'isms" to be 100% instinctive, and that they must be unlearned or intentionally discarded. Or not.

I understand your point with a twist. There is an instinct in most of us that resist's change, anyone or anything that is different, new idea's, competition, overcrowding, not enough to go around, so for various reason's we tend to get territorial and draw lines in the sand or walk around with chip's on our shoulders. Children can pick up on the fear's, insecurities, and discomfort's of elders. that is learned behavior. Faith, purpose, curiosity, reason, overcome the differences in all of us. The Golden Rule almost alway's works when applied. The problem is we don't alway's apply it. When has being polite not a reward in itself??? I'm lucky in the sense that I did have a rough coming of age, and experienced allot of extremes and diversity. I currently live in a community that represents more countries than the UN. White is a minority in my area. Over the year's, building relationships with people, business, work, community, family, friend's, one learn's for the most part to treat other's how they deserve to be treated. Every one except Red Sox Fan's. ;)

I understand your point with a twist. There is an instinct in most of us that resist's change, anyone or anything that is different, new idea's, competition, overcrowding, not enough to go around, so for various reason's we tend to get territorial and draw lines in the sand or walk around with chip's on our shoulders. Children can pick up on the fear's, insecurities, and discomfort's of elders. that is learned behavior. Faith, purpose, curiosity, reason, overcome the differences in all of us. The Golden Rule almost alway's works when applied. The problem is we don't alway's apply it. When has being polite not a reward in itself??? I'm lucky in the sense that I did have a rough coming of age, and experienced allot of extremes and diversity. I currently live in a community that represents more countries than the UN. White is a minority in my area. Over the year's, building relationships with people, business, work, community, family, friend's, one learn's for the most part to treat other's how they deserve to be treated. Every one except Red Sox Fan's. ;)

I think it is a little more than that.

in the wild world strangers can steal your food, and women, starve your infants, introduce disease and insemenate your women.

The basic survival instincts and procreative instincts of all pack animals involve strict competition amongst groups.

People are no more civilized than are Orcas.

There is a reason why humans cling to the institution of marriage while alpha wolves routinely kill the pups of the previous alpha male when they succeed him.

A dog eat dog world so to speak.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back