because they're black, silly.

soccerkick_fail_Fail-s300x439-10297-580.jpg

lol!!

I'm waiting for serious responses.

Don't worry...I'll wait.

How many of you feel that to be true?

Why/why not?

Expound....

I have no idea how many Blackrican Americans are racists. I have no idea how many Blackrican Americans live in the inner city slums either. speaking of %s that is.

but of the Blackrican Americans i discuss race with online those that have a passion for the race issue are ALL subscribers to the idea that only the dominant culture CAN be racist.

Which is about as shit headed a perspective as i can imagine.

In real life I don't see much tension at all between races, and i live in a pretty rich melting pot. But not in the inner city. And Blackrican Americans are the third leading ethnicity here.

BTW did you know that Obama was the 7th black and the 44 th white president of the USA? Even Eisenhower was nearly as black as Obama. As was Lincoln.

Why/why not?

Expound....

I have no idea how many Blackrican Americans are racists. I have no idea how many Blackrican Americans live in the inner city slums either. speaking of %s that is.

but of the Blackrican Americans i discuss race with online those that have a passion for the race issue are ALL subscribers to the idea that only the dominant culture CAN be racist.

In real life I don't see much tension at all between races, and i live in a pretty rich melting pot. But not in the inner city. And Blackrican Americans are the third leading ethnicity here.

BTW did you know that Obama was the 7th black and the 44 th white president of the USA? Even Eisenhower was nearly as black as Obama. As was Lincoln.
Firstly, thank you for your response.

Interesting, I take it you find they have no basis for such a position?

What's your understanding of the term racist literally, contextually and/or realistically. (they may all be different, BTW)

No, I don't believe all blacks are racists, or even most blacks are not racists. Many have been able to move beyond the tools of racism, like phobias and hatred or other learned behaviors, and assimulate into society. The worst tool of racism is the older generations, because they teach prejudices and racial hatred and myths to thier own people, which continues to perpetuate racism.

Why/why not?

Expound....

What's your understanding of the term racist literally, contextually and/or realistically. (they may all be different, BTW)

I indeed take it that they have no basis for that position, and I believe that King and Mal X would agree.

Literally racism is an ordinary expression of tribalism common to nearly everybody.

Contextual racism is far too hard to define. it begs for relativistic definitions which aren't definitions at all, just subjectivity.

Realistically I define racism as that which creates division between races,and on the opposite end of that same spectrum is assimilation which dissolves division between races.

• Thanks
Reactions: del
A large portion of them are not in my opinon. Another substantial group might have some feelings that way, but understand what it is to be on the receiving end of racism, so they fight the urge. The last group is angry and blinded to any type of reason.

I put you in the middle group ATL. Some days you fight the feeling and other days the feeling wins out. Most people are just looking for a fair shake every day.

No, I don't believe all blacks are racists, or even most blacks are not racists. Many have been able to move beyond the tools of racism, like phobias and hatred or other learned behaviors, and assimulate into society. The worst tool of racism is the older generations, because they teach prejudices and racial hatred and myths to thier own people, which continues to perpetuate racism.

Most black leaders in the USA promote racism. The most exceptional exception is Obama.

I indeed take it that they have no basis for that position, and I believe that King and Mal X would agree.

Literally racism is an ordinary expression of tribalism common to nearly everybody.

Contextual racism is far too hard to define. it begs for relativistic definitions which aren't definitions at all, just subjectivity.

Realistically I define racism as that which creates division between races,and on the opposite end of that same spectrum is assimilation which dissolves division between races.
You're at luxury to hold such definitions of racism.

My friend, racism involves beliefs of superiority...this is the word and term many like yourself fail to recognize time and time again.

This is the reason why you may find that many blacks believe and truly aren't racist, because to be racist, one has to feel superior to another "race." I don't like the term race, but I'll use it in the common way its used for communication purposes.

Quick question: have blacks in this country ever been in a position of superiority?

but understand what it is to be on the receiving end of racism, so they fight the urge.

Both Malcom X and Mlk jr knew what it was like to be on the receiving end of racism. King, like Obama simply rose above it and accomplished great things.

Malcolm began VERY racist and had an epiphany that changed him entirely. He was then murdered by black folks within his own movement, perhaps because of his epiphany.

but understand what it is to be on the receiving end of racism, so they fight the urge.

Both Malcom X and Mlk jr knew what it was like to be on the receiving end of racism. King, like Obama simply rose above it and accomplished great things.

Malcolm began VERY racist and had an epiphany that changed him entirely. He was then murdered by black folks within his own movement, perhaps because of his epiphany.
um, where did Obama experience this racism?
in his youth in Hawaii(a very racially diverse state) or in Indonesia?

My friend, racism involves beliefs of superiority...this is the word and term many like yourself fail to recognize time and time again.

This is the reason why you may find that many blacks believe and truly aren't racist, because to be racist, one has to feel superior to another "race." I don't like the term race, but I'll use it in the common way its used for communication purposes.

Quick question: have blacks in this country ever been in a position of superiority?

You used the term belief of superiority in one instance then switched to position of superiority. I find those to be different things. Racism only works if the belief of superiority is met part way by a feeling of inferiority by the other party.

That is of course one of the most common definitions of racism.

So define superiority.

It turns out that in real life black people actually score considerably worse on IQ tests, have lower living standards and income, and far higher crime rates than the rest of the US population. Not to mention drop out rates vs graduation, life expectancy, infant mortality, two parent families.

So how DO you define superiority?

Like I said, I have no idea what % of blackrican Americans are racist. I just know that every single one of them save one exception that I dialogue with online and who takes a passion in the race issue is extremely racist.

Almost all of them?

Forum List

Back