Are All Black Americans Racist?

You are almost perfectly supporting the definition of racism that i asserted. That promoting division is racism while promoting assimilation is the opposite of racism.

The only way in which we part views is that i believe racism or 'isms" to be 100% instinctive, and that they must be unlearned or intentionally discarded. Or not.

I understand your point with a twist. There is an instinct in most of us that resist's change, anyone or anything that is different, new idea's, competition, overcrowding, not enough to go around, so for various reason's we tend to get territorial and draw lines in the sand or walk around with chip's on our shoulders. Children can pick up on the fear's, insecurities, and discomfort's of elders. that is learned behavior. Faith, purpose, curiosity, reason, overcome the differences in all of us. The Golden Rule almost alway's works when applied. The problem is we don't alway's apply it. When has being polite not a reward in itself??? I'm lucky in the sense that I did have a rough coming of age, and experienced allot of extremes and diversity. I currently live in a community that represents more countries than the UN. White is a minority in my area. Over the year's, building relationships with people, business, work, community, family, friend's, one learn's for the most part to treat other's how they deserve to be treated. Every one except Red Sox Fan's. ;)

I think it is a little more than that.

in the wild world strangers can steal your food, and women, starve your infants, introduce disease and insemenate your women.

The basic survival instincts and procreative instincts of all pack animals involve strict competition amongst groups.

People are no more civilized than are Orcas.

There is a reason why humans cling to the institution of marriage while alpha wolves routinely kill the pups of the previous alpha male when they succeed him.

A dog eat dog world so to speak.

In a world void of Spirit, that may be true. We are not all meant to eat at the same table. Something's one walk's away from, sometimes one is required to stand ground and fight. You choose your battles wisely. You use intelligence as much as or more than muscle to survive. Experience teaches that. Learning from another, rather than just taking. What comes around, goes around. Most on the road get that, if they survive long enough. What you do, what your intent is, your method, is all part of the formula that makes or breaks your effort.

Some people have not yet sunk to depravity only because the circumstance has not yet been presented. That is not true for all of us. Some know how to choose from experience, or faith, or understanding, or reason, or a sense of justice, or right action. We are as civilized as we allow ourselves to be, and have the power within ourselves to influence even extreme events. We are not reduced to the lowest common denominator, even when in the minority. Voice still has power. Power to influence. Power to change and effect. State of mind, Conscience, is the foundation, not fear, or terror, or hate, or envy.

No, I don't believe all blacks are racists, or even most blacks are not racists. Many have been able to move beyond the tools of racism, like phobias and hatred or other learned behaviors, and assimulate into society. The worst tool of racism is the older generations, because they teach prejudices and racial hatred and myths to thier own people, which continues to perpetuate racism.

Most black leaders in the USA promote racism. The most exceptional exception is Obama.

Blank(et) statement void of information.

Who? How exactly? Give examples. List specifics.

Thanks.

I indeed take it that they have no basis for that position, and I believe that King and Mal X would agree.

Literally racism is an ordinary expression of tribalism common to nearly everybody.

Contextual racism is far too hard to define. it begs for relativistic definitions which aren't definitions at all, just subjectivity.

Realistically I define racism as that which creates division between races,and on the opposite end of that same spectrum is assimilation which dissolves division between races.
You're at luxury to hold such definitions of racism.

My friend, racism involves beliefs of superiority...this is the word and term many like yourself fail to recognize time and time again.

This is the reason why you may find that many blacks believe and truly aren't racist, because to be racist, one has to feel superior to another "race." I don't like the term race, but I'll use it in the common way its used for communication purposes.

Quick question: have blacks in this country ever been in a position of superiority?

You used the term belief of superiority in one instance then switched to position of superiority. I find those to be different things. Racism only works if the belief of superiority is met part way by a feeling of inferiority by the other party.
Of course you do. You're free to have that belief because you have no real connection to it. Your ancestors were never enslaved, you have no older relatives that were discriminated again...held down because of race. You haven't experienced any level of institutionalized racism that attempted to or actually held you back in any way, shape or form. So you're free to see racism as HAVING to include a feeling of inferiority. However, its not realistic though. The feelings of the oppressed have nothing to do with it. The most confident pig in the farm is still going to get slaughtered...regardless of how he feels about himself or not. I'm not sure you will get that though.

No, I don't believe all blacks are racists, or even most blacks are not racists. Many have been able to move beyond the tools of racism, like phobias and hatred or other learned behaviors, and assimulate into society. The worst tool of racism is the older generations, because they teach prejudices and racial hatred and myths to thier own people, which continues to perpetuate racism.

Most black leaders in the USA promote racism. The most exceptional exception is Obama.

Thanks.

I must say that I have been highly impressed with Reverend Al over the years. I may disagree with him on some issues, but I Highly respect him. He has done well with age.

How many of you feel that to be true?

Why/why not?

Expound....

From my experience I think about 50% of the black population is racist toward whites. There's still a lot of "you owe me" attitude within the black population.

Lets go with this. That attitude they have...you believe its TOTALLY unwarranted right? Considering its 2010 and all. Correct?

My friend, racism involves beliefs of superiority...this is the word and term many like yourself fail to recognize time and time again.

This is the reason why you may find that many blacks believe and truly aren't racist, because to be racist, one has to feel superior to another "race." I don't like the term race, but I'll use it in the common way its used for communication purposes.

Quick question: have blacks in this country ever been in a position of superiority?

You used the term belief of superiority in one instance then switched to position of superiority. I find those to be different things. Racism only works if the belief of superiority is met part way by a feeling of inferiority by the other party.
Of course you do. You're free to have that belief because you have no real connection to it. Your ancestors were never enslaved, you have no older relatives that were discriminated again...held down because of race. You haven't experienced any level of institutionalized racism that attempted to or actually held you back in any way, shape or form. So you're free to see racism as HAVING to include a feeling of inferiority. However, its not realistic though. The feelings of the oppressed have nothing to do with it. The most confident pig in the farm is still going to get slaughtered...regardless of how he feels about himself or not. I'm not sure you will get that though.

For many, if not all of us, our ancestors were enslaved at one time or another. Who is to say, even in this time, what suffering another has gone through, be it loss, denial, injustice, what ever? We all get held back, or passed over in this or that. Think about it. Go sit in an emergency room on a Friday night when the moon is full.

That is of course one of the most common definitions of racism.

So define superiority.
Position(s) of power. Name institutionally. Individually and collectively.

It turns out that in real life black people actually score considerably worse on IQ tests, have lower living standards and income, and far higher crime rates than the rest of the US population. Not to mention drop out rates vs graduation, life expectancy, infant mortality, two parent families.
Ok, fair enough. Now, how do you think that came to be? What do you think was the genesis of this phenomenom?

So how DO you define superiority?
See above defintion.

Like I said, I have no idea what % of blackrican Americans are racist. I just know that every single one of them save one exception that I dialogue with online and who takes a passion in the race issue is extremely racist.
So your'e saying that almost all the blacks you've engaged with online feel superior to you as a white man?

Almost all of them?
Really? How? Explain that one.

For many, if not all of us, our ancestors were enslaved at one time or another. Who is to say, even in this time, what suffering another has gone through, be it loss, denial, injustice, what ever? We all get held back, or passed over in this or that. Think about it. Go sit in an emergency room on a Friday night when the moon is full.
So let me get this straight. You're trying to sell me the story that many others other than blacks have also been taken from their land of origin. Shackled to chains on ships, stacked up on each other, not even as livestock, but as stock. Beaten and whipped on the way, instead of fed. Attached to severly diseased, dying and dead bodies. Stripped of your culture, stripped of your wife, your children, your manhood. Survived the trip, come to a strange land where they were seen as not even as worthy as dogs, but not even human. Eventually upgraded to 3/5ths of a man (read white man). Told you're not anything and never will amount to anything, shuttered into ghettos, your rights held down, fought against, battered, abused, all because of your skin color, attacked...for generations. Mentally abused, discriminated against, and blamed for all of the above...your suggesting that this is a common experience to others other than African Americans?

So let me get this straight. You're trying to sell me the story that many others other than blacks have also been taken from their land of origin. Shackled to chains on ships, stacked up on each other, not even as livestock, but as stock. Beaten and whipped on the way, instead of fed. Attached to severly diseased, dying and dead bodies. Stripped of your culture, stripped of your wife, your children, your manhood. Survived the trip, come to a strange land where they were seen as not even as worthy as dogs, but not even human. Eventually upgraded to 3/5ths of a man (read white man). Told you're not anything and never will amount to anything, shuttered into ghettos, your rights held down, fought against, battered, abused, all because of your skin color, attacked...for generations. Mentally abused, discriminated against, and blamed for all of the above...your suggesting that this is a common experience to others other than African Americans?
yes, lots of peoples have

the Jews numerous times
various Europeans
various Asian peoples have also
and the thing is, most of it was done by people of the same ethnicity
and that includes Africans

I indeed take it that they have no basis for that position, and I believe that King and Mal X would agree.

Literally racism is an ordinary expression of tribalism common to nearly everybody.

Contextual racism is far too hard to define. it begs for relativistic definitions which aren't definitions at all, just subjectivity.

Realistically I define racism as that which creates division between races,and on the opposite end of that same spectrum is assimilation which dissolves division between races.

First off I believe that Racism, in any form is a learned behavior. We are all Human, For Anyone that subscribes to Judaism, Christianity, or Islam, We are all descendant's of Adam and Noah, we are all related..

Personally I find that direct contact especially one on one, build's bridges, when the Golden Rule is applied. When it is ignored, it can be hurtful and bitter. What does it matter what the color of one's skin is, in relation to negative behavior? We all have different forms of power at different times in various degrees and circumstances. To think otherwise is naive. To think one is not incapable of injustice because of the color of their skin is unrealistic to be polite. If one is not part of the solution, one is living in denial. To make a difference every day in the life of those around you, is what you make it, for better or worse.
This is all good and well, but you didn't address a thing from my post.

And I'm not being facetious either.

I understand your point with a twist. There is an instinct in most of us that resist's change, anyone or anything that is different, new idea's, competition, overcrowding, not enough to go around, so for various reason's we tend to get territorial and draw lines in the sand or walk around with chip's on our shoulders. Children can pick up on the fear's, insecurities, and discomfort's of elders. that is learned behavior. Faith, purpose, curiosity, reason, overcome the differences in all of us. The Golden Rule almost alway's works when applied. The problem is we don't alway's apply it. When has being polite not a reward in itself??? I'm lucky in the sense that I did have a rough coming of age, and experienced allot of extremes and diversity. I currently live in a community that represents more countries than the UN. White is a minority in my area. Over the year's, building relationships with people, business, work, community, family, friend's, one learn's for the most part to treat other's how they deserve to be treated. Every one except Red Sox Fan's. ;)

I think it is a little more than that.

in the wild world strangers can steal your food, and women, starve your infants, introduce disease and insemenate your women.

The basic survival instincts and procreative instincts of all pack animals involve strict competition amongst groups.

People are no more civilized than are Orcas.

There is a reason why humans cling to the institution of marriage while alpha wolves routinely kill the pups of the previous alpha male when they succeed him.

A dog eat dog world so to speak.

In a world void of Spirit, that may be true.

Sorry but all animals share spirit as equally as uncivilized humans do.

after all only we humans imprison one another, enslave one another, engage in mechanized warfare and nuke one another.

correction: perhaps man stands alone in being void of spirit. While wild animals all inhabit it in abundance.

and i have to say :clap2: this is the most rational i have ever seen you be in this forum

thanks

the Jews numerous times
various Europeans

Really!?!?!?
:eek:

News to me.

I'm beginning to understand how many like yourself can hold the positions you do.

Last edited:

Thanks.

boring. I already exempted Mal x, King and obama and made a blanket statement regarding most others.

Do your own math beginning with Rap and ending with Al Sharpton.

and i have to say :clap2: this is the most rational i have ever seen you be in this forum

thanks
Calm down DiveCon, I'm often rational. But I do respond in kind, so thats why you may have seen certain sides of me previously...I never start it, but I do engage and enjoy finishing it.

Thanks.

boring. I already exempted Mal x, King and obama and made a blanket statement regarding most others.

Do your own math beginning with Rap and ending with Al Sharpton.
I'm sorry, but I can't nor will I attempt to read your mind.

Its crystal clear to me that your understanding and perception of the above men are vastly different than mine.

We simply aren't on the same page, and you refuse to make it clear, so it seems we're at the road's end as far as dialog with one another concerning this particular topic.

the Jews numerous times
various Europeans

Really!?!?!?
:eek:

News to me.

I'm beginning to understand how many like yourself can hold the positions you do.
what is "news" to you?
that almost every ethnicity has been subjected to capture and enforced slavery, or that Africans did it to their own people?

That is of course one of the most common definitions of racism.

So define superiority.
Position(s) of power. Name institutionally. Individually and collectively.

Oh that is crap, circular logic and 100% lackin in integrity.

You define racism as a belief in superiority and then define superiority as positions of power.

From that we can only conclude that whites are generally more superior and that you are a racist.

Ok, fair enough. Now, how do you think that came to be? What do you think was the genesis of this phenomenom?

See above defintion.

The majority of the racism, or white racism, that exists today is clearly institutional racism.

But inst. racism is not generally an individual trait.

You know there is also black institutional racism.

So your'e saying that almost all the blacks you've engaged with online feel superior to you as a white man?

Liar! You are imposing your definition upon my statements.

I already told you that I define racism as that which divides while I define that which assimilates as non racist.

Are you always as intellectually dishonest? Is it genetic?

Almost all of them?
Really? How? Explain that one.[/QUOTE]

everybody is in a position of superiority occasionally. Everyone. consult your own definition of superiority, assclown.

DiveCon, I don't agree with the fact nor suggestion that any others, muchless any others have had a similar or even remotely similar experience in Modern History as African Americans.

Firstly, it was due to their color. As far as the American experience is concerned.

Note how I listed a fairly detailed story of the African American experience, I'd like you to give a similar story of the others you say are similar or the same experience.

The Jewish story (a la Hitler) was based on Religious largely.

DiveCon, I don't agree with the fact nor suggestion that any others, muchless any others have had a similar or even remotely similar experience in Modern History as African Americans.

Firstly, it was due to their color. As far as the American experience is concerned.

Note how I listed a fairly detailed story of the African American experience, I'd like you to give a similar story of the others you say are similar or the same experience.

The Jewish story (a la Hitler) was based on Religious largely.
the Jews experienced slavery long before Hitler was even thought of

and how was it due to their color when many of them were sold into slavery by other Africans?

Forum List

Back