Apocalypse of Political Ideology on horizon

bucs90

Gold Member
Feb 25, 2010
This is crunch time. We have the most radical left wing element of our nations history in the White House and Senate. We have the most fiscally conservative wing of the right in the Tea Party gaining power in the House and national local level politics.

We are gripped by a financial reality in that America is on the verge of literal economic collapse. Food and fuel are soaring. And that trend is not reversing.

Basically, this is political ideology apocalypse. Probably the nastiest politics we'll ever see in the next 2 years trying to unseat this tyrant in the White House.

Who will win?

I believe it will be the wealthy that win, as there are wealthy in both parties. The middle class will loose because the wealthy like to keep an exclusive club, and the middle class infringes upon that club. The working poor will continue to strugle and fall into the ranks of the truely poor, as the war between the wealthy and the middle class continue.

I don't see any winners, it looks to me like the whole world is headed for a drastic depression, it's just a question of when. Both political parties are going to dig in and resist any important changes that negatively affect their constituents, whether it's really the best thing for the country or not. Everybody seems to have a sense of entitlement now, and until that changes the course we're on is pretty much set in stone.

I don't see any winners, it looks to me like the whole world is headed for a drastic depression, it's just a question of when. Both political parties are going to dig in and resist any important changes that negatively affect their constituents, whether it's really the best thing for the country or not. Everybody seems to have a sense of entitlement now, and until that changes the course we're on is pretty much set in stone.

I'm affraid you might be right but, I sure hope we are smarter than that, for all our sakes.

This is crunch time. We have the most radical left wing element of our nations history in the White House and Senate. We have the most fiscally conservative wing of the right in the Tea Party gaining power in the House and national local level politics.

We are gripped by a financial reality in that America is on the verge of literal economic collapse. Food and fuel are soaring. And that trend is not reversing.

Basically, this is political ideology apocalypse. Probably the nastiest politics we'll ever see in the next 2 years trying to unseat this tyrant in the White House.

Who will win?

You think The President is Radical left? You are astoundingly ignorant of politics. The Tea party controls nothing as they are the right wing fringe.

Who will win?

Zimbabwe.

Who will win?

tyrant?

ha ha ha

:cuckoo:

On the contrary, I think the worst is over. Unemployment is falling, sales and profits are up, business is expanding, tax revenues are up and most economist expect the recovery to continue through 2012. We have at least started to cut spending although there's a lot more to be done.

"Never make predictions, especially about the future."
Casey Stengel

"We have the most radical left wing element of our nations history in the White House and Senate"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

they are nowhere near as left wing as the senate and presidency was 50 years ago.

not to mention how it was 150 years ago. too mfn funny :lol: :cuckoo:

Who will win?

I'm astounded by the number of ways you're completely wrong in this post.

We have a status-quo corporate stooge President, and status-quo corporate stooges in both the House and the Senate. There's nothing radical or extreme about either Obama or the Tea Partiers.

This will be the same as every other election cycle.

On the contrary, I think the worst is over. Unemployment is falling, sales and profits are up, business is expanding, tax revenues are up and most economist expect the recovery to continue through 2012. We have at least started to cut spending although there's a lot more to be done.

Casey Stengel

I sincerely hope you are right, but when I see a 1.6 trillion deficit and the best we can do is a down-to-the-wire 38 billion reduction, well it doesn't fill me with optimism. Over 14 trillion in debt, expected to increase by almost 10 billion in 10 years by the CBO based on optimistic projections and at a very low interest rate, I just can't get too enthused. Unemployment is getting better, but it's barely keeping pace with people entering the job market, and wages are not increasing. States and cities are in deep financial trouble, the housing market is still in shambles with no bottom yet in sight, and inflation IS gettng worse.

And the worst part is, we are still a nation of entitlements and bailouts. We are not yet addressing our problems in a responsible way, and until that happens things will not turn around significantly.

Casey Stengel

I sincerely hope you are right, but when I see a 1.6 trillion deficit and the best we can do is a down-to-the-wire 38 billion reduction, well it doesn't fill me with optimism. Over 14 trillion in debt, expected to increase by almost 10 billion in 10 years by the CBO based on optimistic projections and at a very low interest rate, I just can't get too enthused. Unemployment is getting better, but it's barely keeping pace with people entering the job market, and wages are not increasing. States and cities are in deep financial trouble, the housing market is still in shambles with no bottom yet in sight, and inflation IS gettng worse.

And the worst part is, we are still a nation of entitlements and bailouts. We are not yet addressing our problems in a responsible way, and until that happens things will not turn around significantly.
14 trillion is big but so is our economy. There is nothing wrong with a large debt as long as it's not growing faster than GDP. Until recently we have been able to grow GDP at 4%. So if we restore growth to 4% we can maintain our current debt to GDP ratio of 97%. Even thou 37 other countries have higher ratios we need lower it down to about 60%. That can be done by cutting 40 billion/yr for 10 years, reducing the corporate tax and eliminating loop holes, increasing personnel income tax by two percent. This should bring the deficit down to about 60% of GDP or 600 billion.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back