AP Source: Census Worker hanged with 'fed' on body

Plenty, meth lab, pot grower, illegal tobacco field, unlicensed chinchilla ranch, hell, it could have been just about anything.

Robert, you're getting to be as bad as CNN...I might have to start calling you Nancy. :D

Meth labs, you're thinking of Wasilla. ;) :lol:

Seriously though, I think to assume that it was some illegal growers of anything were the killers doesn't make much sense. Why would they kill a Census worker and draw heat to the area? They may be stupid some of them but not that stupid.

My young friend, the reason you find it hard to believe is because you haven't seen.

You stumble on a meth lab out here, those guys will kill you and never lose a minute of sleep.

Plenty, meth lab, pot grower, illegal tobacco field, unlicensed chinchilla ranch, hell, it could have been just about anything.

Robert, you're getting to be as bad as CNN...I might have to start calling you Nancy. :D

Meth labs, you're thinking of Wasilla. ;) :lol:

Seriously though, I think to assume that it was some illegal growers of anything were the killers doesn't make much sense. Why would they kill a Census worker and draw heat to the area? They may be stupid some of them but not that stupid.

My young friend, the reason you find it hard to believe is because you haven't seen.

You stumble on a meth lab out here, those guys will kill you and never lose a minute of sleep.

Sorry I can't rep you again.

Oh I don't doubt it. There is no reasoning with people like that.

hey, but way to turn this into a political motive with ZERO proof
:clap2:

He had "FED" carved into his chest.

He was a Census worker.

Wake up dude, as I predicted, and so it begins.

And again, it wasn't "carved", it was "scrawled", but go ahead and lie about it to stir up the populace. Got your pitchforks and torches ready to?
Dumbass.

Great, so one of the nutjobs who is all about watering the tree of liberty with the blood of tyrants finally went and killed someone?.

And you KNOW that it was not a statist trying to blame a "nutjob who is all about watering the tree of liberty with the blood of tyrants" how?

But, but,but, he said "nutjob", therefore it adds validity to his post. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

There's a phenomenon in criminal investigation which goes by various names but basically it's a form of jumping to premature conclusions. It's like the situation where you get to a murder scene and the victim is a woman and straight away the investigators suspect the husband. They - getting a form of tunnel vision - focus on their suspect and - consciously or not - gather evidence which seeks to support their suspicions he did it while - again consciously or not - ignoring or minimising exculpatory evidence.

This is a case that lends itself to that sort of approach, but I'm sure the investigators won't allow themselves to take that path.

Missourian's posts have been informative and provided a lot of cause to think that this may have nothing at all to do with the current political climate. However the fact that the man was a census-taker and not a revenue-affliated officer (eg ATF) may, just may, mean that the motivation was political, but that's pure speculation on my part.

Motive, method, opportunity - so far we're discussing motive, there's always a lot more to be found out.

There's a phenomenon in criminal investigation which goes by various names but basically it's a form of jumping to premature conclusions. It's like the situation where you get to a murder scene and the victim is a woman and straight away the investigators suspect the husband. They - getting a form of tunnel vision - focus on their suspect and - consciously or not - gather evidence which seeks to support their suspicions he did it while - again consciously or not - ignoring or minimising exculpatory evidence.

This is a case that lends itself to that sort of approach, but I'm sure the investigators won't allow themselves to take that path.

Missourian's posts have been informative and provided a lot of cause to think that this may have nothing at all to do with the current political climate. However the fact that the man was a census-taker and not a revenue-affliated officer (eg ATF) may, just may, mean that the motivation was political, but that's pure speculation on my part.

Motive, method, opportunity - so far we're discussing motive, there's always a lot more to be found out.
exactly

so, are you beginning to see the errors in your OP?

I begin to see the error of not including other theories in my OP. All I offered up was a theory. Whether Missourian or I was right, there is a motive that lies in the fact that this person was with the Government.

Diuretic hit the money really. My only real complaint was how some people in this thread act like they would be surprised if a nutjob who has been listening to all of this stuff the past couple weeks finally went out and did something.

You can't discount both what Missourian said and what I said until they have more evidence I suppose. However, you can ask Missourian, I agree he makes plenty of great points.

I begin to see the error of not including other theories in my OP. All I offered up was a theory. Whether Missourian or I was right, there is a motive that lies in the fact that this person was with the Government.

Diuretic hit the money really. My only real complaint was how some people in this thread act like they would be surprised if a nutjob who has been listening to all of this stuff the past couple weeks finally went out and did something.

You can't discount both what Missourian said and what I said until they have more evidence I suppose. However, you can ask Missourian, I agree he makes plenty of great points.

Your assumption is that it was a "nutjob" as determined by your definition (which is undefined and unclear to the rest of us). That's why you keep using that term.

Your assumption is that it was a "nutjob" as determined by your definition (which is undefined and unclear to the rest of us). That's why you keep using that term.

Is there this secret definition of nutjob that is not known? :eusa_eh:

well, it goes without saying that some "nujob" did it
only not one that fit in roberts OP definition

apparant homicide? there's a doubt? Maybe he was just writing FED across his chest, slipped going to the bathroom, his head fell into a noose that was just lying around and wrapped itself around the board on the cieling.

The body was left where it could easily be found wasn't it? There was a sort of message scrawled on the body. Why might this be? I only ask because I can think of a couple of reasons why that might be and they're obvious.

1. A political statement
2. A criminal statement

Now, the best evidence available has been left out where investigators can see it, examine it and obtain evidence from it. That means, I think, that the perpetrators were of the mind that they thought they could do so without threatening their apprehension. That's pretty ballsy. Or stupid. Or blatant. Or reckless. But who knows?

First of all, I'd say that anyone who views a census worker as so much of a threat is a nutjob by default.

Secondly, there are always nutjobs in society, and there will always be nutjobs in society, violent or otherwise.

Third, nutjobs, because they ARE nutjobs, have serious perception issues. Jodie Foster loves me, The Catcher in the Rye was my guidance, Helter Skelter told me to start a Black revolution, the purple Teletubby is a subliminal attempt to make our children gay - the list goes on.

Finally, you can advocate censorship in a classic church-lady style, or just accept the fact that there is no way of protecting us all from the nutjobs.

Don't butt into my free speech or anyone else's because of your misplaced altruism (general you) to keep me or my neighbor safe or make my life better. I am safer when I have free speech. I am an adult and I can make my own decisions - good or bad - none of your business or the government's business to decide for me. Least of all with censorship. I do not want us to go down the path of so much of the rest of the world in more and more limits on a fundamental human right of free speech. That sort of crap will be a breaking point for me (and several others I know). "Hate speech" is forbidden, my ass!

Save yourself and turn it off, but don't dare tell me what I can or cannot say or listen to. Boycotte, continue to speak out, etc. - practice your right to speech as well. Keep your (general you) grimey paws off of my speech and choices in information sources. And the funny thing is, I don't even listen to any of these guys.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back