AP Source: Census Worker hanged with 'fed' on body

Once again, according to the official notices by US Gov't, Census begins with Jan 10.
The census conducts ongoing work throughout other times of the year, not all for the decennial census.

"He worked part-time for the Census, usually conducting interviews once or twice a month.Sparkman has worked for the Census since 2003, spanning five counties in the surrounding area. Much of his recent work had been in Clay County, officials said.
Door-to-door operations have been suspended in Clay County pending a resolution of the investigation, Scurry-Johnson said."

A story which just came out with some more details:

AP source: Census worker found hanged near Kentucky cemetery had word 'fed' scrawled on chest | Washington Examiner

Once again, according to the official notices by US Gov't, Census begins with Jan 10.

Facts have NOTHING to do with this story! Don't you get it? This is Mark Foley meets the Obscure Republican California Eye Patch Assemblyman meets a wide stance!

This is HUGE!

"He worked part-time for the Census, usually conducting interviews once or twice a month.Sparkman has worked for the Census since 2003, spanning five counties in the surrounding area. Much of his recent work had been in Clay County, officials said.
Door-to-door operations have been suspended in Clay County pending a resolution of the investigation, Scurry-Johnson said."

Dumbass.

LMAO. You're kidding yourself if you don't think that it has been under at least federal eyes for a very long time. They have been under the FBI/HIDTA watch for a while now.

Appalachia-High Intensity Drug Trafficking Area

It doesn't matter how well a area is being watched. A murder like this does nothing good for the criminals there.
Hey, you were the one that said it didn't make any sense to bring attention to themselves. They already have the attention. It's already a high crime area. It's a tight area. No one rats. Crime continues.

South Boston-esque.

From the above link:

"...Gilbert Acciardo, a retired Kentucky state trooper who directs an after-school program at the elementary school where Sparkman was a frequent substitute teacher, said he had warned Sparkman to be careful when he did his Census work."I told him on more than one occasion, based on my years in the state police, 'Mr. Sparkman, when you go into those counties, be careful because people are going to perceive you different than they do elsewhere,'" Acciardo said.
"Even though he was with the Census Bureau, sometimes people can view someone with any government agency as 'the government.' I just was afraid that he might meet the wrong character along the way up there," Acciardo said.
Acciardo said he became suspicious when Sparkman didn't show up for work at the after-school program for two days and went to police. Authorities immediately initiated an investigation, he said.
"He was such an innocent person," Acciardo said. "I hate to say that he was naive, but he saw the world as all good, and there's a lot of bad in the world."
Lucindia Scurry-Johnson, assistant director of the Census Bureau's southern office in Charlotte, N.C., said law enforcement officers have told the agency the matter is "an apparent homicide" but nothing else.

Hey, you were the one that said it didn't make any sense to bring attention to themselves. They already have the attention. It's already a high crime area. It's a tight area. No one rats. Crime continues.

South Boston-esque.

Are you referring to Southie today or back when Bulger ran things? Because there were certainly rats during Whitey's day, they were just taken care of. Just wondering :lol:

Also, yes, it is a high crime area. However, the arrival of MORE FBI and more police is not going to help things. I assume you can agree with that common sense statement?

From the above link:

"...Gilbert Acciardo, a retired Kentucky state trooper who directs an after-school program at the elementary school where Sparkman was a frequent substitute teacher, said he had warned Sparkman to be careful when he did his Census work."I told him on more than one occasion, based on my years in the state police, 'Mr. Sparkman, when you go into those counties, be careful because people are going to perceive you different than they do elsewhere,'" Acciardo said.
"Even though he was with the Census Bureau, sometimes people can view someone with any government agency as 'the government.' I just was afraid that he might meet the wrong character along the way up there," Acciardo said.
Acciardo said he became suspicious when Sparkman didn't show up for work at the after-school program for two days and went to police. Authorities immediately initiated an investigation, he said.
"He was such an innocent person," Acciardo said. "I hate to say that he was naive, but he saw the world as all good, and there's a lot of bad in the world."
Lucindia Scurry-Johnson, assistant director of the Census Bureau's southern office in Charlotte, N.C., said law enforcement officers have told the agency the matter is "an apparent homicide" but nothing else.
which supports more of what I have been saying than what a lot of the "liberals" in this thread have

South Boston-esque.

Are you referring to Southie today or back when Bulger ran things? Because there were certainly rats during Whitey's day, they were just taken care of. Just wondering :lol:

Also, yes, it is a high crime area. However, the arrival of MORE FBI and more police is not going to help things. I assume you can agree with that common sense statement?
shes likely referring to south Boston before you were born

South Boston-esque.

Yup, as would any crime. Yet criminals still commit them. Go figure. It's a given.

South Boston-esque.

shes likely referring to south Boston before you were born
Careful, I'm not sure if he can handle both a regional and temporal expansion of his world in one thread.

I read the article...

The Retired State Trooper warned sparks about the mountain folk, base on "his years of service" working that area.

Gilbert Acciardo, a retired Kentucky state trooper who directs an after-school program at the elementary school where Sparkman was a frequent substitute teacher, said he had warned Sparkman to be careful when he did his Census work.

"I told him on more than one occasion, based on my years in the state police, 'Mr. Sparkman, when you go into those counties, be careful because people are going to perceive you different than they do elsewhere,'" Acciardo said.

Obviously (I seem to be using that word a lot lately) this distrust long predates the Obama Administration...so there's that hypothesis up in smoke.

Now, allow me to give you an analogy you lily-white city-slickers can absorb without too much background information on the hill folk culture.

Sending an uninitiated, non-local, naive, unknown census worker into the backwood of Kentucky, or Arkansas or Missouri, or Tennessee is the equivalent of ---

Sending an uninitiated, non-local, naive, unknown census worker into Cabrini Green Housing Project in Chicago, or Compton, California or Nuevo Laredo, Mexico, or the worst neighborhoods of the Five Boroughs in New York.

Remember the Mayor of Chicago moved into Cabrini-Green back in the 80's, vowing to clean it up...even with a contingent of bodyguards and police...she only lasted three weeks.

In some areas of the backwoods, it's the same philosophy, just different topography.

Last edited:
I read the article...

The Retired State Trooper warned sparks about the mountain folk, base on "his years of service" working that area.

Gilbert Acciardo, a retired Kentucky state trooper who directs an after-school program at the elementary school where Sparkman was a frequent substitute teacher, said he had warned Sparkman to be careful when he did his Census work.

"I told him on more than one occasion, based on my years in the state police, 'Mr. Sparkman, when you go into those counties, be careful because people are going to perceive you different than they do elsewhere,'" Acciardo said.

Obviously (I seem to be using that word a lot lately) this distrust long predates the Obama Administration...so there's that hypothesis up in smoke.

Now, allow me to give you an analogy you lily-white city-slickers can absorb without too much background information on the hill folk culture.

Sending an uninitiated, non-local, naive, unknown census worker into the backwood of Kentucky, or Arkansas or Missouri, or Tennessee is the equivalent of ---

Sending an uninitiated, non-local, naive, unknown census worker into Cabrini Green Housing Project in Chicago, or Compton, California or Nuevo Laredo, Mexico, or the worst neighborhoods of the Five Boroughs in New York.

Remember the Mayor of Chicago moved into Cabrini-Green back in the 80's, vowing to clean it up...even with a contingent of bodyguards and police...she only lasted three weeks.

In some areas of the backwoods, it's the same philosophy, just different topography.
but that wouldn't make this a political thing

I read the article...

Great point.

I'd wager that the reason most libs don't or won't get it is because they don't live in those places either in the city or the country. It's easy to have high ideals when they're never tested.

i never said it "was" i said it "could be"
we dont know since we dont have the FACTS yet

We don't have all the facts yet, we got a good number however. I'm just saying, if it turned out to be a nutjob, would you be surprised?

Oh really? So all these people carrying signs saying that the blood of tyrants must be spilled to water the tree of liberty wouldn't shoot Obama if given the opportunity?

If you actually are that naive, you are pathetic.

Jefferson was a nutjob, right?

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
-- Thomas Jefferson

Forum List

Back