AOC: There is No Military Solution

The “Palestinians” had their chances to get a 2-state solution but balked each time.

"
In a letter of 27 December 2000, Arafat asked for some clarification of the proposals:[20]

Mr. President, please allow me address you with all the sincerity emanating from the close friendship that ties us, and the historical importance of what you are trying to do. I want to assure you of my will to continue to work with you to reach a peace agreement. I need your help in clarifying and explaining the basis of your initiative.
I need clear answers to many questions relating to calculation of land ratios that will be annexed and swapped, and the actual location of these territories, as well as the basis for defining the Wailing Wall, its borders and extensions, and the effect of that on the concept of full Palestinian sovereignty over al-Haram al-Sharif.
We understand that the idea of leasing additional territory is an option we have the right to reject, and is not a parameter of your bridging proposals. We also presume that the emergency Israeli locations are also subject to negotiations and to our approval. I hope that you have the same understanding.
I have many questions relating to the return of refugees to their homes and villages. I have a negative experience with the return of displaced Palestinians to the West Bank and Gaza during the Interim Period. Because the modalities remained tied to an Israeli veto, not one refugee was allowed to return through the mechanism of the interim agreement, which required a quadripartite committee of Egypt, Jordan, Israel and Palestine to decide on their return. Equally, I don't see a clear approach dealing with compensation of the refugees for their land, property and funds taken by Israel under the aegis of the Israeli custodian of absentee property.
I feel, Mr. President, that the period for Israeli withdrawal specified in your initiative is too long. It will allow the enemies of peace to exploit the time to undo the agreement. I wonder if the "Period" is one of the fixed parameters of your proposal; a "basis" that cannot be changed.
Mr. President, I have many questions. I need maps, details, and clarifications that can help me take the necessary decisions with my leadership and people.
I would like you to appreciate that I do not want to procrastinate or waste time.
We need a real opportunity to invest once more your determination and creativity to reach a fair and lasting peace with you efforts and during your presidency.
I remain, Mr. President, ready to pay you a visit at the White House, in the shortest possible time if you find this visit appropriate, to discuss with you the bridging proposals and to exchange views on ways to develop them further.
Please accept my highest regards and best wishes,
Yasser Arafat"

Between 1947 and 1949, at least 750,000 Palestinians from a 1.9 million population were made refugees beyond the borders of the state.

Zionist forces had taken more than 78 percent of historic Palestine, ethnically cleansed and destroyed about 530 villages and cities, and killed about 15,000 Palestinians in a series of mass atrocities, including more than 70 massacres.

During that same time, there were about 800,000- 1,000,000 Jewish refugees from Muslim lands in the M.E. and North Africa. Do you know why?

There was no HISTORIC Palestine. What are you talking about? that was a region controlled by the Ottomans, and previously other empires

What solutions did we get with 20 years of our military being in Afghanistan?

When you bomb and kill innocent people all you do is create even more people who hate you.

We lost a lot of people in Afghanistan. I would have preffered we never went there to stay but once we did, and so many of us sacrificed their lives, then it was a shame to give it all away. Sure the Taliban was still militant but The Taliban is a tiny minority of the Population. The rest of the country was slowly coming around to becoming self determined, of course they needed more time but we decided to give it all away.
Mostly because politicians were more concerned about re election across the board. Democrat or Republican. Fact is, they did not all hate us in Afghanistan. My bet is more of them hate us now because we left them to be victims to the Taliban.

We lost a lot of people in Afghanistan. I would have preffered we never went there to stay but once we did, and so many of us sacrificed their lives, then it was a shame to give it all away. Sure the Taliban was still militant but The Taliban is a tiny minority of the Population. The rest of the country was slowly coming around to becoming self determined, of course they needed more time but we decided to give it all away.
Mostly because politicians were more concerned about re election across the board. Democrat or Republican. Fact is, they did not all hate us in Afghanistan. My bet is more of them hate us now because we left them to be victims to the Taliban.

Afghanistan was never ours to keep or give away.

Afghanistan was never ours to keep or give away.

It didnt belong to the Taliban either. Their radical islamic fundamentalism has nothing to do with Afghan culture. They oppress it. What we gave away was not Afghanistan but we gave away all the blood sweat and tears of our people who died over there. We made their time a waste.

I dont want to own Afghanistan, I think we want them to have self determination and they were on that route. Why do we still have military in Europe to this day? we had so much patience to be sure Nazi'ism did not re emerge after WW2 and. of course to counter Russia. And also to let European countries reform themselves. Unfortunately it did require our military to stick around for a long time.
Yet we could not do the same on a much smaller scale in Afghanistan? You think those women who were starting businesses, going into government, and sending their girls to school hated us? Plus, you know Iran and other Islamic fundamentalists are behind the Taliban. We just allowed a cancer to re emerge for no good reason.

It didnt belong to the Taliban either. Their radical islamic fundamentalism has nothing to do with Afghan culture. They oppress it. What we gave away was not Afghanistan but we gave away all the blood sweat and tears of our people who died over there. We made their time a waste.

I dont want to own Afghanistan, I think we want them to have self determination and they were on that route. Why do we still have military in Europe to this day? we had so much patience to be sure Nazi'ism did not re emerge after WW2 and. of course to counter Russia. And also to let European countries reform themselves. Unfortunately it did require our military to stick around for a long time.
Yet we could not do the same on a much smaller scale in Afghanistan? You think those women who were starting businesses, going into government, and sending their girls to school hated us? Plus, you know Iran and other Islamic fundamentalists are behind the Taliban. We just allowed a cancer to re emerge for no good reason.

We left and they went back to how it was before we invaded.

Any change must come from within.

And you say we accomplished nothing? No that wasn't true until the moment we gave up.

51st state,? Because that is what you are arguing.

We still haven't drug Mississippi into the 21st century.

But when that is complete, Israel may not have a choice to go to the 2 state solution that would have cured this mess back in 67 where there should have never been a Hamas.
wake up, the muslims do not want a 2 state solution, they want all jews and Chriasians dead and will not rest until that is done. Wake the fuck up and see this for what it really is

Forum List

Back