AOC asks the bankers "why aren't more of you in jail ?"

For bankers to be in jail they would have to break a law. Doubt any of them did.

She's right. They should all be in prison...Big Ears not only saved their worthless asses from prison time, he made sure they got even more wealthy and powerful.
Why should they be in jail what crimes have they commited

rich
white
male

White collar crime...or financial crimes are difficult for many to understand. Unlike murder, theft, rape...financial crimes require a lot more work to understand and prosecute.

SUMMARY: (for those who have forgotten)
The big banks sold mortgages to people who did not qualify, LIAR LOANS were everywhere...then they packaged these phony mortgages and sold them around the world using the rating agencies, claiming they were AAA paper, then they bought insurance on these fraudulent loans so when they tanked, they were made whole. FRAUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The consequence of this fraud, was many people lost their homes and many lost their life savings. The economy took a huge dump, causing thousands of working and middle class Americans lose of their jobs and savings.

There should be consequences. No?
It is an opinion piece. He doesn't know. He is guessing.
Like when Rumsfeld said Saddam had wmds ?
That kind of guessing ?
View attachment 256476
Oh look now he's deflecting like a typical know-nothing liberal.

Since every intelligence agency in the world thought the same thing Rumsfeld was in good company.

For bankers to be in jail they would have to break a law. Doubt any of them did.

She's right. They should all be in prison...Big Ears not only saved their worthless asses from prison time, he made sure they got even more wealthy and powerful.

rich
white
male

White collar crime...or financial crimes are difficult for many to understand. Unlike murder, theft, rape...financial crimes require a lot more work to understand and prosecute.

The big banks sold mortgages to people who did not qualify, LIAR LOANS were everywhere...then they packaged these phony mortgages and sold them around the world using the rating agencies, claiming they were AAA paper, then they bought insurance on these fraudulent loans so when they tanked, they were made whole. FRAUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The consequence of this fraud, was many people lost their homes and many lost their life savings. The economy took a huge dump, causing thousands of working and middle class Americans lose of their jobs and savings.

It sure is complicated. I don't understand it all but it seems there's a lot of blame to go around. I'm no apologist for unrestrained capitalist greed but I don't like government meddling either and I certainly ain't about to give that dumb bitch AOC a bozo button for spewing leftist cliches her staff wrote for her.

rich
white
male

It sure is complicated. I don't understand it all but it seems there's a lot of blame to go around. I'm no apologist for unrestrained capitalist greed but I don't like government meddling either and I certainly ain't about to give that dumb bitch AOC a bozo button for spewing leftist cliches her staff wrote for her.
As you likely know, government was also involved in the fraud. This may be why government has failed to prosecute the banks. Big Ears had to know if he went after them, members of his party would likely be exposed. One could conclude this was a massive cover up.

Exxon Mobil, Wall Street and Big Pharma ....nobody is safe from this terrible young woman's wrath.

AOC GRILLS Jamie Dimon & Bank Executives On Jailing Law Breaking Bankers.
Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez questions Chase CEO Jamie Dimon and other megabuck executives on their behavior since the 2008 mortgage crisis.

The bankers proper response should have been, "Because we pay democrats $350K to come give a speech nobody really pays attention to."

rich
white
male

It is an opinion piece. He doesn't know. He is guessing.
Like when Rumsfeld said Saddam had wmds ?
That kind of guessing ?
View attachment 256476
Oh look now he's deflecting like a typical know-nothing liberal.

Since every intelligence agency in the world thought the same thing Rumsfeld was in good company.
How convenient. Smells big time.

(Actually, what they had to keep a secret was that we sold Iraq new strain-anthrax weapons )
U.S. government support for Iraq was not a secret and was frequently discussed in open sessions of the Senate and House of Representatives. On June 9, 1992, Ted Koppel reported on ABC's Nightline that the "Reagan/Bush administrations permitted—and frequently encouraged—the flow of money, agricultural credits, dual-use technology, chemicals, and weapons to Iraq."
@ 25:00 CS discusses ties to Iraq, Clintons & the Okla City bombing

Last edited:
We helped Saddam Hussein gas a million Iranians and our MSM propaganda machine has most Americans believing Iran is the terrorist state. Hitler would have been amazed at how easily we are brainwashed.

189.jpg

Last edited:
I can't wait until our girl AOC goes after the Federal Reserve.
Speaking of those ponzi schemers, here's their best friend Slick Willy in 1999 signing the bill that killed the 1933 Glass Steagall Act, essentially handing the Fed a blank check for trillions of dollars... U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time
clinton-repeals-glass-steagall-553px.jpg

After 9/11 it was put on steroids.
NSA Whistleblower Bill Binney: Intelligence Agencies Have Become American "Praetorian Guard,"
Wars are good for the economy but Cheney exported our war supplies production.

Exxon Mobil, Wall Street and Big Pharma ....nobody is safe from this terrible young woman's wrath.

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez questions Chase CEO Jamie Dimon and other megabuck executives on their behavior since the 2008 mortgage crisis.

To which the bankers replied with the question:

Why aren't more of your brains in your head?

Jo

Because they didn't break any laws.

In fact most were following the laws, in creating the sub-prime crash. Idiotic left-wingers like AOC, don't even remember that it was their own policies that pushed bankers to make sub-prime loans. In fact, the government under Bill Clinton, was taking banks to court, to force them to make sub-prime loans.

Effectively, what idiots like AOC are asking is..... "Why didn't we throw you into prison for following our rules?"

I know many brokers who lost business because they didn’t do what the big lenders did...bypass the software rejections and rubber stamp a bad loan “Approved”.
The Directors should have been divested of their ill gotten gain and sent to prison.

Yeah, and the reason the smaller brokers did not take risky loans, might also have to do with the fact they were not the targets of lawsuits forcing them to make such risky loans.

This is the problem I have with this entire discussion....

If Obama was NOT on a lawsuit to force Citigroup to make bad loans....
If Clinton was NOT suing banks to make bad loans....
If Freddie Mac was NOT guaranteeing bad loans....
If Maxine Waters was NOT saying that Fannie Mae was doing an "outstanding job" of providing risky loans....

If it was NOT the general policy of the government to push sub-prime loans since at least 1997....

Then I would be on your side of this argument. I don't know if I'd be in favor of prison, but I would most certainly ban all of them from the banking industry.

But the problem there is, if the government didn't push sub-prime loans, I doubt any of these bankers would have been making them. After all, prior to 1997, Sub-prime loans were a niche market with little to no, growth.... because they were risky.

Something caused them to make those loans. And that something was government. You should be demanding that the Democrats be tossed in prison if anything. They are the ones that instigated the economic crash.

In fact most were following the laws, in creating the sub-prime crash. Idiotic left-wingers like AOC, don't even remember that it was their own policies that pushed bankers to make sub-prime loans. In fact, the government under Bill Clinton, was taking banks to court, to force them to make sub-prime loans.

Effectively, what idiots like AOC are asking is..... "Why didn't we throw you into prison for following our rules?"

I know many brokers who lost business because they didn’t do what the big lenders did...bypass the software rejections and rubber stamp a bad loan “Approved”.
The Directors should have been divested of their ill gotten gain and sent to prison.

Yeah, and the reason the smaller brokers did not take risky loans, might also have to do with the fact they were not the targets of lawsuits forcing them to make such risky loans.

If Maxine Waters was NOT saying that Fannie Mae was doing an "outstanding job" of providing risky loans....

If it was NOT the general policy of the government to push sub-prime loans since at least 1997....

Then I would be on your side of this argument. I don't know if I'd be in favor of prison, but I would most certainly ban all of them from the banking industry.

But the problem there is, if the government didn't push sub-prime loans, I doubt any of these bankers would have been making them. After all, prior to 1997, Sub-prime loans were a niche market with little to no, growth.... because they were risky.

Something caused them to make those loans. And that something was government. You should be demanding that the Democrats be tossed in prison if anything. They are the ones that instigated the economic crash.

What caused them to make these bad loans was...PROFIT!

Again...they made thousands of Liar Loans, forced appraisers to over value homes, granted loans to people unqualified, packaged thousands of these mortgages and sold them at enormous profits, after colluding with the rating agencies to rate them AAA paper. They even bought insurance from AIG on the Liar Loans to protect themselves when they defaulted.

What caused them to make these bad loans was...PROFIT!

Again...they made thousands of Liar Loans, forced appraisers to over value homes, granted loans to people unqualified, packaged thousands of these mortgages and sold them at enormous profits, after colluding with the rating agencies to rate them AAA paper. They even bought insurance from AIG on the Liar Loans to protect themselves when they defaulted.
Didn't they ever see 'Money Never Sleeps' ?

Nah...
Not one Director was even investigated.
7 CEOs paid a pitiful penalty.
And I know way too many people who made a killing.
Both parties engaged in the GW farce.
GW, to this day, brags that he was the “Home Ownership” President.

Not to mention that Warren Buffet, who ordered Alan Greenspan to change the Mark to Market ratio, made 15 billion dollars on the day of the crash.
You know, the “charitable” Warren Buffet who cares so much about people.

Nah...
Not one Director was even investigated.
7 CEOs paid a pitiful penalty.
And I know way too many people who made a killing.
Both parties engaged in the GW farce.
GW, to this day, brags that he was the “Home Ownership” President.

Not to mention that Warren Buffet, who ordered Alan Greenspan to change the Mark to Market ratio, made 15 billion dollars on the day of the crash.
You know, the “charitable” Warren Buffet who cares so much about people.

I do not know much about this claim with Buffet and Mark to Market.

However, I have seen no evidence that it was involved in the sub-prime crash directly.

And I would agree that GWB was also supportive of more home ownership. That is true. Both parties were. That is true.

However, the sub-prime crash's origins were in 1997. This is clearly documented.

GWx7mXZBn0MAA22rxJBkKaaCsjzy-2uAjHBZm3zR1N7s9HzB-DkwXwg_rsmyaUXNutIXw1wg6pyoi3V7iLXjE1A9d7C1nC6yw7ivJnqb-J3_GjPHUNEXmNVGyrXqGeBbnz1mZSv8vl0JpqO7Y-bWkuQetlXB18CIUemS2U5FyZQC7xpTCJ8zHG7hobmcLxWxvov0jPCQYY4iIBM3EymCOYkiJFN0WoC52YxEyi7_WwaVumCibzpJq8jYAdLfurYhBHbHJ6MaRtSlcTN9bO5yHMH9AXiY5fdtWcqLqWr0lWpR58IfG1bjlM1hDZH_4ARXJSnePkGZvCo4dcN6qBSPbfBTIUE2wct4__t--WdP9nQ9rZcd_djiXvVRmLdjPDotFMe1vzH_XwI72_iJXQvfn-a6oUiIL1tADoHSbfRJxSLX_gkIy1ylD9w1j-ueTG9zcow9123zve9OEKOhKjB2jW1m5S7-jBbHfTg3z5a8mRbk5Ni8AHcAGh-B6eqWUeCVWcHArXLVxA7QrAD22JoK5JSwR4RiEm7C_MU7u7jCyGK6_sYwue4EHPCmBOWgjNsKm1hk0uwFvjqC6NkZmhSZ8hxkAIHltdKN-bfOqJjGnwUGOliOU8xFlLRVAY2VCH10z7C4EfaETvdIP5vgq0eOwiOMFTbnTTM=w1017-h778-no

In 1997, the housing prices started to spike up.

This increase in housing prices coincides directly with the increase in sup-prime mortgages that happened in 1997.

XD2RL1wL_82iJAlxyNVuvOMwbdeg_9---NwhwcW9Tj5OH5nu6uCUrRVXpiyBGBOvif0i94k0EWkyj3K4foXTFPWzbhGrSaFM7EIUMKR64CjvqXNsoVHoCR8-OAbNS9wybLMISc6eJl2LqpE5eiWQ2-UQuFGBuTx7FQwzafMIfrbOQ0qWoWgSCe5eiCuZGRv2EwOxiYcl7InKZ8wjQIT3D3EjURyyaBxHXZANQchr4Rfp5j4QBi-7AGUvuhN83wSPvAPOQyJ4fdF8XmfbqKQ7YOmMl_mupWLJi58elm8n55MbansiPswEJOLy4Nt3VDFRrAPWg597pElg5dFEyIrejXY-OGrqy1oZT8hyuJAy-FeiPCsVuuPGfTcuN_Ov4OGrmO4YFFVMP1siwya0Oz8Oa-8i_XNg5dndpqJs-hvR0MAAGLv6JgWu9okciIxdK8LUPozFlMkwdut1TwKIgoepURNp4znmvH5jZ4KJn2RBuf-qUqmn7nEXR05_4JtEbiGOEVR6QcbJ3wrb-aAjPUi8gb_htv9UlMRrSjCLBT7tiTZbCjMoWr11reLjRtlUJhRpLjRGBcb3iKfgNVUnzrCwYU8jYItBIXHSeH5w3-IZ9-vbcoUkqlLHPtf6wb5Ny-uc5lSnqfC4k2gr9pdOXZ0xg_h2W_0D73w=w400-h287-no

Before 1997, sub-prime loans were a niche market, specifically because they were risky.

So what happened on or before 1997 that caused the dramatic increase in sub-prime loans?

Two things..... First Freddie Mac started guaranteeing sub-prime loans.

Wachovia Press Releases

First Union Capital Markets Corp. and Bear, Stearns & Co. Inc. have priced a $384.6 million offering of securities backed by Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) loans - marking the industry's first public securitization of CRA loans.
The $384.6 million in senior certificates are guaranteed by Freddie Mac and have an implied "AAA" rating. First Union Capital Markets Corp. is the investment banking subsidiary of First Union Corporation.​

First Union became Wachovia, which means the two original companies involved in Freddie Mac's guarantee of sub-prime loans, both ended up crashing spectacularly during the sub-prime crash.

So to recap, the government through Freddie Mac was pushing sub-prime loans.

At the exact same time, the government was taking banks to court, for not making risky sub-prime loans.

Andrew Cuomo, then part of the Clinton administration, forced banks through the court, to make sub-prime loans.

Between the government using Freddie Mac to guarantee sub-prime loans, and giving them implied AAA ratings, and the Government suing banks in court for not making sub-prime loans....

This is what caused the sub-prime crash.

Forum List

Back