Anyone good with graphics?

Originally posted by eric
Thats a good strategy !

It has worked well. It's easy to get lost in a complex layout consisting of deeply nested tables, and I invariably screw something up when I go back to edit that type of layout months later. :laugh:

When I want to get really geeky, though, I use all DIVs and apply a lot of JavaScript to dynamically resize them when the user resizes the page. The drawback to that approach is that customers are always wanting to change things, and it sucks having to recalculate a bunch of JavaScript variables to make a "minor" layout adjustment. I've learned my lesson there and usually save the really cool stuff for my personal projects. :laugh:

Agreed the clients can never make up their minds, always changes, changes, and more changes !:)

Originally posted by eric
Agreed the clients can never make up their minds, always changes, changes, and more changes !:)

That used to annoy me to no end, but now I'm like, "Sure, I'll take your money!"

All this talk makes me feel a bit inferior. :(

I need a program for the graphically challenged to get this right. Anyone ever check out designoutpost.com? It's a forum similar to this where you specify what you are looking for (logo, banner, buttons, website...) and you set a fee. Graphic designers that are interested in your offer compete for your bid. When your deadline is up (you set yourself) you choose one of the entries.

Seems banners go for anywhere from $35 up to $75.

I keep saying logo, but isn't what I have more of a banner?

Jim, why don't you check out IBM's Homesite buider. You can download a 90 day free trial. Extremely easy to learn and use, and include a pretty good graphics editors, which is again easy to use. You can download it from www.IBM.com.

Apparently the lower part of the button background image is white. o_O

I like it! Definitely the direction I'd like to go. Think maybe the height should be lowered a bit so that it doesn't overlap as much?

Originally posted by SinisterMotives
Apparently the lower part of the button background image is white. o_O

That's odd. I guess it wasn't as noticeable with the other picture.

Originally posted by jimnyc
That's odd. I guess it wasn't as noticeable with the other picture.

I'll reduce it so it's the same height as the old logo. That should fix it.

Perfect fit!

Thanks very much!!

What software did you use?

You're welcome!

I used Paint Shop Pro 7.04 for that.

A possibility???? It looks great, but the right is missing something. It looks like it ends too quick, maybe bring out the right a little bit with the same feature of sky there too!!!! only a suggestion.

I have PSP 8.0. I'm going to have to dedicate some time to learning it. Every time I entered text it came out looking '3D'. It was like box lettering and it was never filled in, I couldn't get regular lettering to work.

Originally posted by janeeng
A possibility???? It looks great, but the right is missing something. It looks like it ends too quick, maybe bring out the right a little bit with the same feature of sky there too!!!! only a suggestion.

I think it would look better if it didn't have the dark blue page margin around it. You could try setting a couple of the margin and padding properties on the BODY tag to 0px if you're feeling brave:

Code:
BODY {
	SCROLLBAR-BASE-COLOR: #000099;
	SCROLLBAR-ARROW-COLOR: #FFF788;
                margin-left: 0px;
                margin-top: 0px;
                padding-left: 0px;
                padding-top: 0px;
}

Just delete those four lines if you don't like the way that looks.

I have PSP 8.0. I'm going to have to dedicate some time to learning it. Every time I entered text it came out looking '3D'. It was like box lettering and it was never filled in, I couldn't get regular lettering to work.

The text dialog sets the stroke (outline) and fill properties separately. To make solid text, you need to set them to the same color.

Forum List

Back