Anyone good with graphics?

I agree with the dark blue!!!! a little lighter Jim! doesn't look like it has a border around it.

Originally posted by janeeng
I agree with the dark blue!!!! a little lighter Jim! doesn't look like it has a border around it.

I intended for the dark blue in the image to merge with the page background. It's the dark blue page margin above and to the left of the image that kills it. :)

Can you fix it??? I think that would be the ticket. I like it, but just something missing.

Hey! You gave me another idea, Janeen. Why not leave the background color of the two table cells containing the logo and the buttons the same, but make the body background color lighter?

There you go, like that idea much better! I see the top is fixed too!!!! Just that right too!!!!!

OKay, if you want to completely remove the margin all the way around, just set the margin and padding properties like this:

Code:
margin: 0px;
padding: 0px;

instead of specifying the left and top margins.

Right side!!!!!!! just stops! looks like a ruler was used. needs to be some room after the words with some lighter color.

Originally posted by janeeng
Right side!!!!!!! just stops! looks like a ruler was used. needs to be some room after the words with some lighter color.

What if we made one line of text go farther to the right so the whole thing doesn't stop suddenly ?

That's a possibility, guess all you can do is try it. Maybe it's just me, and maybe no one even notices, but I am just strange that way I guess, stands out to me. Try it!

Originally posted by jimnyc
Ok, all the margins removed.

Actually, it wouldn't hurt to have about 10 pixels of margin on the bottom of the page where the copyright info. is. Add these lines:

Code:
margin-bottom: 10px;
padding-bottom: 10px;

Ok, what if Unites States message board stays the same, and then the other 2 centered underneath?

Originally posted by SinisterMotives
Actually, it wouldn't hurt to have about 10 pixels of margin on the bottom of the page where the copyright info. is. Add these lines:

Code:
margin-bottom: 10px;
padding-bottom: 10px;

Did that. Could be me, but it looks the same.

Jim, can't you just use a center on the whole thing????? if the two bottome titles can move to the left centered under USM board, I think that might do it.

I have no idea how any of this stuff works - but the new looks is much much nicer!

You're thinking faster than I can draw, Janeen! :laugh:

Let's try this one:

Originally posted by jimnyc
Did that. Could be me, but it looks the same.

It looks better now. The copyright was crammed against the bottom of the window after we removed the margin all the way around.

Forum List

Back